Author Topic: GenCon 2023 Diorama Discussion  (Read 6223 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
GenCon 2023 Diorama Discussion
« on: 07 August 2023, 11:44:41 »
I cannot link the pictures at this time BUT . . .

We had representatives of the Wolves, Jaguars, Falcons and Snow Raven ground forces fighting a Capellan force.  I do not remember the Capellans, but I think a regular CCAF force and House Hiritsu.  It was described as a Clan coalition (huh, that is another word for League . . . ) battling Capellans on . . . I forget, but a old Chaos March world that the Capellans had taken back from the Republic.

I know I saw for the Wolves the tiger stripe paint scheme, which IIRC is a Gamma? scheme.  I know I saw the Crucible and a Timber Wolf in that scheme.  The Jaguars had a star of a Dire Wolf, Cauldron Born, Mist Lynx and 2 others- not sure if they got Elementals.  Not sure what Falcon or Raven formation or mechs were involved
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
Re: GenCon 2023 Diorama Discussion
« Reply #1 on: 07 August 2023, 12:05:50 »
Tau Ceti IV
December 3151

The ilClan and its allies, Clan Jade Falcon, Snow Raven, and Smoke Jaguar land on New Earth, only to meet layers of resistance from the Capella Confederations Warrior House Hiritsu.  The fighting on the city outskirts quickly degenerates into a chaotic fur ball.

Caption posted to my discord.  Looks like the NuJags and the Fidellis didn't fair too well during the invasion of Terra.   Needing to comeback and dislodge a warrior house core ward of Terra is interesting.  However, I suspect the Ravens are involved mostly to show off the Blood Asp mini.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #2 on: 07 August 2023, 12:30:58 »
IIRC those who became Jaguars followed Alaric off their world, so they would not have been around.  What happened to the Fidelis . . . well, they did not want to become Clan- I thought they were set to leave their world.

Even if the Ravens are just present for the Blood Asps, that will portend some interesting negotiations for the Clan League.  I mean, for all we know they could be a 'observer' star such as happened during the original Invasion.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #3 on: 07 August 2023, 13:02:25 »
IIRC those who became Jaguars followed Alaric off their world, so they would not have been around.  What happened to the Fidelis . . . well, they did not want to become Clan- I thought they were set to leave their world.

Even if the Ravens are just present for the Blood Asps, that will portend some interesting negotiations for the Clan League.  I mean, for all we know they could be a 'observer' star such as happened during the original Invasion.

I had thought the Fidelis stayed on New Earth with Paul Moon.

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #4 on: 07 August 2023, 13:11:03 »
I mean, for all we know they could be a 'observer' star such as happened during the original Invasion.

Could you explain this to me? Not being a smartass; I'm genuinely wanting to know because I'm not as familiar with the nitty-gritty details of the original invasion.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #5 on: 07 August 2023, 13:18:11 »
Could you explain this to me? Not being a smartass; I'm genuinely wanting to know because I'm not as familiar with the nitty-gritty details of the original invasion.

There's this fluff/background on Sarna :

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Clan_Invasion

Additionally, the remaining Clans not participating in the invasion were invited to send observers along with the invasion force, consisting of no more than a Trinary-sized ground contingent but any number of WarShips and other interstellar craft. All of them choose to send both of their Khans to serve as witnesses

Somewhat related :

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Battle_of_Tukayyid_(3052)

Clan Goliath Scorpion also participated in the battle, with Scorpion saKhan Ren Posavatz leading Crimson Seeker Star, who were on a Seeker quest and had negotiated permission from the Steel Vipers to accompany them under condition that they not attempt to claim possession of any territory.
« Last Edit: 07 August 2023, 13:21:05 by Death_from_above »

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #6 on: 07 August 2023, 13:26:21 »
There's this fluff/background on Sarna :
Clan Goliath Scorpion also participated in the battle, with Scorpion saKhan Ren Posavatz leading Crimson Seeker Star, who were on a Seeker quest and had negotiated permission from the Steel Vipers to accompany them under condition that they not attempt to claim possession of any territory.

That's a fun tidbit. Might run something with that.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #7 on: 07 August 2023, 13:34:21 »

This one I kinda knew about just from people talking about it on here from time to time, though I'm curious why this particular tidbit was excluded from the newer Battle of Tukayyid book.

Anyways, sorry for the tangent, y'all. And thank you for providing some clarity on this!
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #8 on: 07 August 2023, 13:43:32 »
No, I think it is a legit avenue of inquiry . . . I mean we could have Ravens observing how the ilClan proposes to integrate forces from different Clans into one operational chain of command with the Wolves, Falcons, and Jaguars doing a demo.
Colt Ward

Generic Clanner 24601

• Corporal
« Reply #9 on: 07 August 2023, 14:15:02 »
No, I think it is a legit avenue of inquiry . . . I mean we could have Ravens observing how the ilClan proposes to integrate forces from different Clans into one operational chain of command with the Wolves, Falcons, and Jaguars doing a demo.

We have a passage in Dominions Divided saying the Ravens working under the authority of the Star League. Add to the fact that they don't have a particular reason not to join the Star League. So, they are likely fighting under the Star League banner.

At least until it no longer benefits them.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #10 on: 07 August 2023, 14:19:58 »
We have a passage in Dominions Divided saying the Ravens working under the authority of the Star League. Add to the fact that they don't have a particular reason not to join the Star League. So, they are likely fighting under the Star League banner.

At least until it no longer benefits them.

But that's many many months of travel away.   This is maybe 6 months time after the proclamation of the ilClan

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #11 on: 07 August 2023, 14:22:46 »
Raven Khan & saKhan were there for the declaration along with a star? of warships.  It would make sense they brought their keshiks if not each galaxies' premier cluster.
Colt Ward

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #12 on: 07 August 2023, 14:24:21 »
But that's many many months of travel away.   This is maybe 6 months time after the proclamation of the ilClan

The Ravens showed up with a full naval Star for said proclamation. They could've easily had some ground forces tagging along that stuck around. I don't see this as an issue.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #13 on: 07 August 2023, 14:40:07 »
The Ravens showed up with a full naval Star for said proclamation. They could've easily had some ground forces tagging along that stuck around. I don't see this as an issue.

Agreed,

I don't see the Raven Alliance undergoing major troop transports before they had even met with Alaric.  I think my point was that this was more of an honor guard and dignitaries along with Alaric using every part of the buffalo (troops on hand).

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #14 on: 07 August 2023, 14:41:36 »
IIRC The Corvus Keshik is a trinary each of Aerospace, Mechs, and Battle Armor and goes wherever the Khan goes.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 07 August 2023, 15:40:25 »

Tau Ceti IV
December 3151

The ilClan and its allies, Clan Jade Falcon, Snow Raven, and Smoke Jaguar land on New Earth, only to meet layers of resistance from the Capella Confederations Warrior House Hiritsu.  The fighting on the city outskirts quickly degenerates into a chaotic fur ball.

If this is the case, looks like Capellans were proactive and surrounded more of Terra while Alaric rebuilt his forces to some sort of functional.

Could explain his lack of comms to the Empore if Capellans own enough planets between empire and Terra to interdict a jumpship. Especially if House Hiritsu pushes them back.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #16 on: 07 August 2023, 18:26:31 »
IIRC The Corvus Keshik is a trinary each of Aerospace, Mechs, and Battle Armor and goes wherever the Khan goes.

Yep. And I was actually gonna ask if someone knew what parade colors/insignia (if any) the Raven forces were rocking in the diorama. Corvus Keshik makes a lot of sense here.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #17 on: 07 August 2023, 18:34:59 »
This is the pictures I saw, which updates- the Wolves are fielding a Ares in gray paint . . . a Atlas and Highlander in tiger stripe,  Amorak as well . . . maybe 2 different artists doing tiger stripe b/c there is another Crucible and a Stormwolf I think.  And yeah, a Raven ASF.

Colt Ward

GuyIncognito

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #18 on: 07 August 2023, 20:51:21 »
Tera them apart, Cappies.

VanVelding

• Warrant Officer
    • Powered by Indifference, Focused by Caffeine
« Reply #19 on: 07 August 2023, 21:13:03 »
Tau Ceti IV
December 3151

Caption posted to my discord...However, I suspect the Ravens are involved mostly to show off the Blood Asp mini.
I never thought of seeing Clans fighting side by side. I assumed they'd just become Wolf units like the Hellions did within the Goliath Scorpions. I can't think of when they've done that instead of dividing things up by Clan. Luthien? Jihad? Wars of Reaving maybe? That's a big deal.

Also, if I had a Blood Asp to show, I'd invade someone just to show it off. Politics be damned. That 'mech ******.

R.I.P.
Co-host of 17 to 01 and The Beige and The Bold. I also have a dusty old blog about whatever comes to mind vanvelding.blogspot.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #20 on: 07 August 2023, 21:15:45 »
We knew the Wolves would not be absorbing the other Clans- might order them around, but not absorbing.  Otherwise Alaric would not have said the Jaguars would be re-established by the ilKhan when the time came.
Colt Ward

Generic Clanner 24601

• Corporal
« Reply #21 on: 07 August 2023, 21:22:07 »
We knew the Wolves would not be absorbing the other Clans- might order them around, but not absorbing.  Otherwise Alaric would not have said the Jaguars would be re-established by the ilKhan when the time came.

Yeah. Can't be on top when you're the only one.

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
  • Is this the real life...
« Reply #22 on: 07 August 2023, 22:26:00 »
Capellans on New Earth? It really is a new era, and likely not a great sign for the Lyrans doing anything in IKEO
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III
https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=84031.0

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 07 August 2023, 22:59:47 »
Capellans on New Earth? It really is a new era, and likely not a great sign for the Lyrans doing anything in IKEO

Lyrans were never going to do much in ilKEO. Unless they went on a massive warpath, they are just too far away to worry Terra. At least for a while.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #24 on: 07 August 2023, 23:00:13 »

Do the Lyrans even have an army to do stuff with these days?

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #25 on: 08 August 2023, 01:15:04 »
Considering two RCTs, a mercenary regiment, and a Clan defected, it's debatable. But I was holding onto (naive) hope they would move back into Skye
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #26 on: 08 August 2023, 01:36:21 »
Do the Lyrans even have an army to do stuff with these days?

They have the material.  It's the will that's been lacking.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 08 August 2023, 01:44:30 »
Top picture also gives us a first look at the new Visigoth mini, nice !
« Last Edit: 08 August 2023, 01:49:51 by Death_from_above »

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #28 on: 08 August 2023, 04:21:45 »
Considering two RCTs, a mercenary regiment, and a Clan defected, it's debatable. But I was holding onto (naive) hope they would move back into Skye

Skye appears to be independent for now, if you look at the maps in Dominions Divided you can just about see the edge of the region, and it's labelled "Isle of Skye"
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #29 on: 08 August 2023, 06:19:30 »
More pics from the Book of Faces.. (CamoSpecs' page)

https://www.facebook.com/camospecs/posts/pfbid02E6D2TxBiWLhGTBgq5EUXf5g1ycXsTNZSziifXtmqmoUejGzrcdikhxZqVWod5RXXl

Does that Dire Wolf have Aztec-style decoration on the upper torso ?
« Last Edit: 08 August 2023, 06:24:54 by Death_from_above »

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #30 on: 08 August 2023, 08:10:50 »

Didn't expect to see Coyotl making a big comeback

Old timer still has gas in the tank

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #31 on: 08 August 2023, 09:06:36 »
More pics from the Book of Faces.. (CamoSpecs' page)

https://www.facebook.com/camospecs/posts/pfbid02E6D2TxBiWLhGTBgq5EUXf5g1ycXsTNZSziifXtmqmoUejGzrcdikhxZqVWod5RXXl

Does that Dire Wolf have Aztec-style decoration on the upper torso ?

Yes, the Smoke Jaguar star was painted by Savage Coyote and he showed some of it off.  Some of them will show zoomed in parts of pictures as a tease when they have painted for a Force pack or the diorama.  I guessed his Cauldron Born & Raven tease a month ago when he showed them.  He posted a star photo I think they took at GenCon before they started placing.  Dire Wolf, Cauldron Born, Coyotl, Viper, Mist Lynx . . . Viper is the only one hard to see in the pics.

I had forgotten the Kraken was in the picture, but it is interesting that shows as a Raven ride rather than a Falcon.  TBH the Falcons' camo pattern is a bit dull, olive drab with some yellow trim- have to hunt for their contribution, but I saw a Kit Fox with the Amorak, a Executioner, Fire Moth, and Griffin IIC?

Also interesting is two different Wolf forces- you have the tiger stripes of Gamma, but the Ares is a charcoal along with a Hammerhead, the Grendel, the Timber Wolf blowing a arm/missile pod free . . . and maybe the 4 weapon Lament?  I THINK you can see a Wolf decal on the right shoulder pauldron.  The only reason I am not sure is the grayish Marauder in the midst of the Capellan troops, but they are two different colors.  The Lament and the Artic Cheetah that are with 3 Jagas and what looks like another tiger stripe are pushing in from that edge.
Colt Ward

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 08 August 2023, 10:25:30 »
The ares presence feels like they added the last bit for a Box Art army.

I’d expect Alaric to reform the few RAF volunteers into some totally-not-solamha clusters and station them on Terra. Feels weird that they’d be used on offense.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #33 on: 08 August 2023, 10:54:10 »
Deploying questionable troops away from their home territory is a tried and true method of integration . . . or at least attrition.  The Wolf Empire already did this, placing League raised freebirth clusters on the Lyran border and Lyran raised freebirth clusters on the League border; harnessing the already built in animosity to overcome any lingering feelings about the new overlords.
Colt Ward

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #34 on: 08 August 2023, 10:54:29 »
Feels weird that they’d be used on offense.

"In chess, the pawns go first." - Magneto

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #35 on: 08 August 2023, 10:57:46 »
"In chess, the pawns go first." - Magneto

Huh, I thought there was a clap emoji . . . but *golf clap* bravo . . . excellent X-Men reference.
Colt Ward

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #36 on: 08 August 2023, 11:32:47 »
Just seeing all of these different Clans together on one table makes me happy. Especially the Ravens and the Jaguars. And seeing them fighting the Cappies, my favorite of the Houses, is just icing on the cake. I think this might be my favorite diorama since the WoR one.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #37 on: 08 August 2023, 12:09:41 »
I was actually surprised the Ravens did not have a Carrion Crow on the table.  Jags getting a Coyotl was a good nod to the Proliferation Cycle box, wonder if there is perhaps a Firebee among the Cappies.
Colt Ward

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #38 on: 08 August 2023, 12:15:24 »
snip - I was actually surprised the Ravens did not have a Carrion Crow on the table. - snip

They do (well, did..)
« Last Edit: 08 August 2023, 12:17:37 by Death_from_above »

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #39 on: 08 August 2023, 12:17:15 »
What unit are the Ravens from? I don't recognize the paint scheme.

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #40 on: 08 August 2023, 12:25:33 »
Not sure, but there's gray and teal in there, so I'm guessing Beta Galaxy ?

CamoSpecs :

uses a color scheme of teal and dark olive gray with yellow and light gray highlights.

It's better visible on the jumping War Crow (2nd pic in reply 17).
« Last Edit: 08 August 2023, 12:30:43 by Death_from_above »

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 08 August 2023, 12:51:33 »
Didn't expect to see Coyotl making a big comeback

Old timer still has gas in the tank

Yeah. The Sea Foxes are selling them to anyone who will buy.
"I invented (the drink) PPCs in a time before the internet showed me the depth of human stupidity."-Michael Stackpole.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #42 on: 08 August 2023, 13:05:00 »
The Coyotl is a pretty good med starter Omni.  Going 7/11 with some decent pod-space and IIRC simpler upkeep.
Colt Ward

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #43 on: 08 August 2023, 13:47:57 »
What's up with the guy in the back here, is it a specific Raptor II variant or a custom using the Raptor II's body?

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #44 on: 08 August 2023, 13:48:10 »
Didn't the Highlanders find the Falcons (and not the Cappies) on Caph in the December 3152.   Same month as we see them on New Earth?

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #45 on: 08 August 2023, 13:58:13 »

Engages squint-fu.. IMO that's a -5X variant of the Raptor II.

Looks like a Black Lanner right arm and Cougar left arm ?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #46 on: 08 August 2023, 14:26:24 »
Had not seen that side, but . . . ooo, those Hetzers
Colt Ward

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #47 on: 08 August 2023, 14:40:09 »
I love the new Hetzers, they're little doom buggies.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #48 on: 08 August 2023, 15:23:11 »
Huh, I thought there was a clap emoji . . . but *golf clap* bravo . . . excellent X-Men reference.

There used to be.  The forum lost a bunch of emojis in the update a couple weeks ago.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: 11 August 2023, 08:55:55 »

Oh that is interesting… is the new ilkhan/first lord imbued with any additional powers or anything to enforce his or her will over the other clans?

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #50 on: 11 August 2023, 08:59:14 »
Whoa whoa whoa, they've unleashed the Jaguars? And their DropShip(s) didn't get shot down with no survivors before the battle? I'm hoping that means they actually stick around!
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #51 on: 11 August 2023, 09:10:43 »
ilKhan Alaric is bringing them back, though their restoration to full status will require service.  They had Trials of Bloodright at the end of Hour . . . but Jaguar Bloodnames were already active, the RecGuides talked about a Warden Wolf warrior who joined the Crusaders fighting a Trial of Propagation on Solaris to activate another dormant Weaver Blood Heritage.
Colt Ward

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: 11 August 2023, 10:03:32 »
ilKhan Alaric is bringing them back, though their restoration to full status will require service.  They had Trials of Bloodright at the end of Hour . . . but Jaguar Bloodnames were already active, the RecGuides talked about a Warden Wolf warrior who joined the Crusaders fighting a Trial of Propagation on Solaris to activate another dormant Weaver Blood Heritage.

Are they considered a new clan with the smoke jag name or a direct continuation of the OG jags?

Lorcan Nagle

• Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #53 on: 11 August 2023, 10:11:15 »
Are they considered a new clan with the smoke jag name or a direct continuation of the OG jags?

The core of the new Smoke Jaguars are part of the Fidelis, a Republic special forces unit made up of descendants of the Smoke Jaguars who escaped the Clan Homeworlds.  The novels Surrender Your Dreams and Forever Faithful have the details.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #54 on: 11 August 2023, 10:44:20 »
The core of the new Smoke Jaguars are part of the Fidelis, a Republic special forces unit made up of descendants of the Smoke Jaguars who escaped the Clan Homeworlds.  The novels Surrender Your Dreams and Forever Faithful have the details.

As I said in another thread, it will be interesting to see what happens with the Jaguar Bloodhouses since the Wardens were using Weaver, Moon, and whatever else were in the 6th Jaguar Dragoons & other Op Bulldog bondsmen.  Especially since Paul Moon's . . . grand-daughter? . . . wins a Moon Bloodname and becomes Khan.  For the Jaguar restoration they will need the Warden Wolves' Jaguar Bloodhouses since they had more Bloodnamed and trueborns than Paul Moon escaped with that survived the pursuing Scorpions.

We will also see what happens since the NeoJags will not have had access to their genetic repository afaik.  Will they be able to take the legacies for shared names the Council of Six set up?
Colt Ward

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #55 on: 11 August 2023, 11:02:01 »
Hopefully TPTB actually dive into all of that stuff and don't just gloss over it. We haven't really gotten that level of detail and attention with the Clans' internal workings since the FASA days, with the exception of the Wars of Reaving (I was pleasantly surprised to see that book take the time to sort out the Bloodname issues resulting from that conflict).

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: 11 August 2023, 11:04:46 »
As I said in another thread, it will be interesting to see what happens with the Jaguar Bloodhouses since the Wardens were using Weaver, Moon, and whatever else were in the 6th Jaguar Dragoons & other Op Bulldog bondsmen.  Especially since Paul Moon's . . . grand-daughter? . . . wins a Moon Bloodname and becomes Khan.  For the Jaguar restoration they will need the Warden Wolves' Jaguar Bloodhouses since they had more Bloodnamed and trueborns than Paul Moon escaped with that survived the pursuing Scorpions.

We will also see what happens since the NeoJags will not have had access to their genetic repository afaik.  Will they be able to take the legacies for shared names the Council of Six set up?

With the return of the jags is there a dedicated jag thread here?

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #57 on: 11 August 2023, 11:09:22 »
With the return of the jags is there a dedicated jag thread here?

I just made one for us!

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,82260.0.html

Sjhernan3060

• Captain

Blkbr2020

• Corporal
« Reply #59 on: 12 August 2023, 22:46:42 »
Just to clarify the Facebook post says the battle is on New Home, but earlier someone said New Earth.........what is the correct world?

Decoy

• Captain
« Reply #60 on: 13 August 2023, 11:48:50 »
New Home would make more sense for a Capellan offensive as New Earth is right next to Terra and would be a real surprise as it's closer to the Lyran side of the IS.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #61 on: 13 August 2023, 12:14:10 »
New Home makes a lot more sense- it is Cappie side of Terra.
Colt Ward

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #62 on: 14 August 2023, 07:06:00 »
New Home would make more sense for a Capellan offensive as New Earth is right next to Terra and would be a real surprise as it's closer to the Lyran side of the IS.

That bears the question: who actually owns New Earth right now? If it's on the Lyran side I would assume the Falcons but they are..well..mostly dead. The Wolves are in current time (Dominions Divided) on Terra only. Is this perhaps a refuge for Republic units? Or did the Lyrans realize that some planets are open for grabs? After all New Earth makes a nice addition in terms of it's still potent military industry

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #63 on: 14 August 2023, 09:42:38 »
That bears the question: who actually owns New Earth right now? If it's on the Lyran side I would assume the Falcons but they are..well..mostly dead. The Wolves are in current time (Dominions Divided) on Terra only. Is this perhaps a refuge for Republic units? Or did the Lyrans realize that some planets are open for grabs? After all New Earth makes a nice addition in terms of it's still potent military industry
In EA, New Earth was RotS as of Jan 3151.

Wolves took it and found the Fidelis just before Terra (Children of Kerensky IIRC), which means they took it basically right after the first map in EA.

So if the diorama is new earth, it means Capellans took the system sometime between late January 3151 and November 3151.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #64 on: 14 August 2023, 14:06:30 »

Crap...  How do you make small?
« Last Edit: 14 August 2023, 16:03:12 by Geg »

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #65 on: 14 August 2023, 15:59:57 »
After Image type 'width=500' without the quotations
Colt Ward

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #66 on: 14 August 2023, 16:14:29 »
After Image type 'width=500' without the quotations

Thanks!

The label on the diorama is clearly Tau Citi IV aka New Earth, while the FB post says New Home.  The mistake is clearly easier to make going from Tau Ceti to New Home, than it is from New Home to Tau Ceti IV, which puts the balance on it being the far more dramatic scene of New Earth.

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: 14 August 2023, 17:26:25 »
Hm. Last we saw of House Hiritsu was them sticking it to FedSuns on New Syrtis. Historically, they were usually two veteran battalions. So that’s enough to face a small box art army of clanners.

FM3145 did have them at regular, but we know other units changed ratings between 3145 and 3151. So seems rational they could be veteran GAIN.

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #68 on: 14 August 2023, 17:39:56 »
Thanks!

The label on the diorama is clearly Tau Citi IV aka New Earth, while the FB post says New Home.  The mistake is clearly easier to make going from Tau Ceti to New Home, than it is from New Home to Tau Ceti IV, which puts the balance on it being the far more dramatic scene of New Earth.

Agreed unfortunately
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #69 on: 14 August 2023, 17:41:11 »
Hm. Last we saw of House Hiritsu was them sticking it to FedSuns on New Syrtis. Historically, they were usually two veteran battalions. So that’s enough to face a small box art army of clanners.

FM3145 did have them at regular, but we know other units changed ratings between 3145 and 3151. So seems rational they could be veteran GAIN.

I'd imagine several years of hard fighting against the FedSuns would have that effect, but doubly so because it's a Warrior House and they don't half-ass things.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #70 on: 14 August 2023, 18:36:41 »
I would rather have the bulk of units be Regular with uncommon Veteran units than have everyone and their mother be Elite with some unfortunate handful of very sad units have to sit at the kids table[/i] be stuck at Regular.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #71 on: 14 August 2023, 20:32:57 »
I would rather have the bulk of units be Regular with uncommon Veteran units than have everyone and their mother be Elite with some unfortunate handful of very sad units have to sit at the kids table[/i] be stuck at Regular.

In general, I agree.

But Warrior houses are supposed to be crack units.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #72 on: 14 August 2023, 21:02:44 »
In general, I agree.

But Warrior houses are supposed to be crack units.

Eh this is where reg/vet/elite breaks down . . . a unit can be veteran with a bunch of regular guys, the whole sum of more than it's parts.  Veteran/Elite really comes down to how they respond/work as a team, IE- can they take a shock and still drive on?
Colt Ward

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #73 on: 14 August 2023, 21:15:55 »
That's what the other half of a unit's rating is for.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #74 on: 14 August 2023, 21:30:44 »
That's what the other half of a unit's rating is for.

Except it is not, depending on the book- and MOST of them are about loyalty to the faction they are identified with.  FREX, the Regulan Hussars have had elite regiments in the past that were questionable- because they were not big Marik supporters.  FMCC/WC explicitly states it is about the Crusader/Warden divide and players should take it as a given the Clan units are fanatically loyal to their Clan across the board- as demonstrated when Ulric used the Crusaders to kill their ideological kin in the Falcons.

But there is a massive difference between a collection of exceptional individuals and some above average experienced troops who have spent time training together.  Biggest example is there is a difference in performance between a Nova vs a Star of mechs & a Star of BA- or between a Cappie augmented lance vs a lance of mechs assigned a pair of vehicles to support them.
Colt Ward

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #75 on: 14 August 2023, 21:43:40 »
Loyalty to a faction is ability to take a shock and continue to fight.  Questionable = cut and run when the going gets tough.  A collection of exceptional individuals that have little coherency is Veteran/ or Elite/Questionable.

If a book is not using it like this, and I think you'd have to bring up some pretty compelling proof that they aren't, then that book is doing it incorrectly.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

VensersRevenge

• Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: 14 August 2023, 22:58:51 »
FM 3145 lists the Tsamma Lancers as Questionable because of their opposition to Erik Groell. That has nothing to do with their init coherency. They are explicitly coherent, just in a way that makes them less loyal to the current Prince's Champion.
...Is this just fantasy?
Warship Arms Race III

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #77 on: 14 August 2023, 23:00:12 »
As I said, FM Crusader Clans and Warden Clans- and the mentioned Regulan Hussars which is listed as Questionable due to their opinion on the Mariks and why the FWLM places them at the bottom of the supply list.

But let's see . . .

FCCW, pg 207- Fanatical (to supplying faction) receives a +2 on rolls for replacement personnel & equipment.  Questionable (same terms) receives a -1 on the rolls.

A newly established mercenary command (less than three
years old), or one that has breached at least one of its past ten
contracts, automatically receives a Questionable reliability rating.
Otherwise, they are considered Reliable. Mercenary commands
that successfully carry out five consecutive offensive contracts for
the same employer increase their reliability rating by one level
(from Questionable to Reliable, or from Reliable to Fanatical).

FM Merc (R) pg 171

Start of 1st Regulan Hussars entry
The attitude of the LCCC toward what is arguably one of the finest fighting units in the Free Worlds League can best be described as ambivalent. While the First Hussars have remained unswerving in their service to the person and office of the Captain-General, the recent reforms intended to centralize and standardize the militaries of the League run contrary to their deep commitment to the fundamental sovereignty of the Principality of Regulus. Though no Regulan Hussar has refused to obey a command, they have been glacially slow in adopting the new reorganization policies.

First full paragraph right column
The LCCC considers the loyalty of the First Regulan Hussars to be questionable at best. They routinely withhold new or recovered technology and seldom honor requisitions. The deficit in supply is made up by the Prince of Regulus, while the lack of tech support has forced the Hussars to become masters of independent self-support.
ER 3052, pg 36

Loyalty Ratings do not indicate loyalty to the Clan; no true warrior holds anything less than fanatical devotion to his or her Clan's interests.  Rather, loyalty represents a unit's devotion to the Warden ideals espoused by all the Clans described in this document.  Questionable units may be those under close scrutiny, but in almost all circumstances can still be trusted to perform at their best for their Clan.
FM Warden Clans pg 19, last paragraph
     FREX, pg 69 Diamond Shark's 42nd Combined Strike Cluster is Vet/Ques b/c the staunchest Crusaders in that galaxy have collected in that cluster
     Warden Wolves' 6th Wolf Guards are Elite/Ques b/c they are the isorla cluster from Op Bulldog

Loyalty Ratings do not indicate loyalty to the Clan; no true warrior holds anything less than fanatical devotion to his or her Clan's interests.  Rather, loyalty represents a unit's devotion to the Crusader ideals espoused by all the Clans described in this document.  Questionable units may be those under close scrutiny, but in almost all circumstances can still be trusted to perform at their best for their Clan.
FM Crusader Clans pg 18, last paragraph
Colt Ward

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: 15 August 2023, 06:31:41 »
So if that is really New Earth then how far have the Capellans actually got encircling Terra? I have an old map in front of me and the planets near New Earth are Devil's Rock, Sirius, Procyon, Alula Australis and Graham IV. This would basically mean the Capellans have cut into the Wolf Empire (perhaps in cooperation with the League)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #79 on: 15 August 2023, 06:37:27 »
I really wonder if someone got the place wrong since New Home makes a lot more sense.
Colt Ward

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #80 on: 15 August 2023, 08:53:00 »
I really wonder if someone got the place wrong since New Home makes a lot more sense.

What’s so hard to buy about Tau Ceti. Wolves spent five months on Terra from Jan to May taking Terra, and everything we’ve seen hints that Alaric will then use the wall to buy time for repairs and healing troops. We also know that there is basically nothing noteworthy defending the pipeline from Empire to Terra. There’s also no reason to believe Capellans wouldn’t be active while Alaric is stuck on Terra.

Wars are won with logistics and Capellans striking to isolate Terra from the Empire seems like a good start.

I’d find it less believable that Capellans just sat on ass and waited to get punched in the face by Alaric.

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
  • Stephanie & Jiyi Chistu "Restoring Honor to CJF !"
    • Clan Jade Falcon:  SWTOR
« Reply #81 on: 15 August 2023, 09:01:12 »
What’s so hard to buy about Tau Ceti. Wolves spent five months on Terra from Jan to May taking Terra, and everything we’ve seen hints that Alaric will then use the wall to buy time for repairs and healing troops. We also know that there is basically nothing noteworthy defending the pipeline from Empire to Terra. There’s also no reason to believe Capellans wouldn’t be active while Alaric is stuck on Terra.

Wars are won with logistics and Capellans striking to isolate Terra from the Empire seems like a good start.

I’d find it less believable that Capellans just sat on ass and waited to get punched in the face by Alaric.

Interesting, if this is so, would be interesting to see if Alaric can pull a Ghost Bear or Raven ace out of his sleeve, if the Empire is compromised. (And perhaps it would "force" the Bears to confront the Horses ?)

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #82 on: 15 August 2023, 09:09:50 »
Interesting, if this is so, would be interesting to see if Alaric can pull a Ghost Bear or Raven ace out of his sleeve, if the Empire is compromised. (And perhaps it would "force" the Bears to confront the Horses ?)

That Snow Raven naval star would come in handy for taking out Capelan logistic jumpships

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #83 on: 15 August 2023, 09:14:24 »
That Snow Raven naval star would come in handy for taking out Capelan logistic jumpships

I was meaning more planet side, but yeah, really sticking it to the Cappies and cutting them off on the system level would be good too

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #84 on: 15 August 2023, 09:54:09 »

Because the Cappies own logistics- 3151.

The last books we saw in the Capellan's preparation was Blood Will Tell (ends Sept 3149) and the Gray Watch duo.  The Cappies struck a in 3149, taking 13 worlds & fighting on Northwind with each world struck by between a regiment and a Warrior House up to about 3 regiments with supporting conventional forces.  In Sept 3149, Daoshen is saying he has to gather jumpship, and presumably dropship, assets for taking his armed forces to Terra.  The forward command center is the planet Liao which is where the majority of the units attacking the Republic drew back to after not finding defenders once the Fortress Walls dropped from all but Terra.  The supply dump that had been built up was used running 20 odd mech regiments and multiple supporting conventional regiments against those worlds, and would need to be restocked.  Getting forces to New Earth would be . . . Liao->Nanking->Capolla->Liberty/Carver V->New Earth

But we also know the CCAF is having to deal with problems on the opposite side of the Confederation.  IF everything had been flowing towards Terra, the CCAF will have to divert some of that to handle Andurien & co . . . with Daoshen and the Strategios on Liao they are going to have a troublesome communications loop.

I guess you could say they found the Neo ComGuard designs on the battlefield and deduced they were made on New Earth, investigating that production like they gathered old Celestial information.
Colt Ward

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #85 on: 15 August 2023, 10:27:17 »
And zero things they captured are supplies, production of ammo or armor, mech production, or anything else otherwise useful

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #86 on: 15 August 2023, 11:38:30 »
I forgot to drop the date for Gray Watch set- starts in Sept 3150 where Xavier McCarron reports back to Sian (even though Daoshen & Strategios moved to Liao to cut the command loop) for the senior general Fisk to ask how Operation Tiamat is going.

Timeline-

Pre Op Tiamat
Feb/March 3149, Hall

Op Tiamat
Wave 1- June 3149
Epsilon Indi, Bryant, Liberty

Wave 2-  October 3149
Procyon, New Home, Keid

March 3150- should be JS probe of the Terran Wall and a outbreak of sabotage in the CCAF regiments staged on Liao to strike at Terra.  Daoshen is supposed to have called a halt to Tiamat and any push on Terra until defenses can be determined.  Epsilon Eridani was the only military production world among those captured.
Colt Ward

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #87 on: 15 August 2023, 11:52:32 »
The battle on New Earth takes place in December 3151, over a year after our last check-in with the Capellans in the former Republic heartland. A lot can happen in a year.

And what Church said makes sense: the Capellans would be foolish if they were just sitting there doing nothing instead of taking advantage of things to start encircling Terra.

I don't see the problem here.

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: 15 August 2023, 12:14:39 »
If I remember the map of Empire Alone correctly the Confederation had no "direct corridor" to the Empire worlds as the League was between a couple of them (for example Devil's Rock, Castor, Pollux). So if that is New Earth and the Capellans have begun to encircle Terra as best as they can (other parts are bordered by the Combine and I think not even the Bears are close to the inner ring) they might have made some agreement with the League to assist in their war with the Empire. Of course as we have an interstellar war borders are an ilusion which will probably lead to some hard strikes into rear areas. The main problem for the Wolves though: no forseeable Wolf reinforcements. Every warrior counts. So if the Confederation decides to play extremely dirty their already dwindled manpower gets another dent.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #89 on: 15 August 2023, 12:23:29 »
If I remember the map of Empire Alone correctly the Confederation had no "direct corridor" to the Empire worlds as the League was between a couple of them (for example Devil's Rock, Castor, Pollux).

Nope. Not only are none of those League worlds on either EA map (they're all held by the Wolf Empire), but none of them are between the Capellans and New Earth (they're off to the side). The Cappies can make a jump right from Procyon, Sirius or even Liberty/Carver V to New Earth, as all of them are in CapCon hands and well within JumpShip range.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2023, 12:31:09 by tassa_kay »

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #90 on: 15 August 2023, 15:21:39 »
Nope. Not only are none of those League worlds on either EA map (they're all held by the Wolf Empire), but none of them are between the Capellans and New Earth (they're off to the side). The Cappies can make a jump right from Procyon, Sirius or even Liberty/Carver V to New Earth, as all of them are in CapCon hands and well within JumpShip range.
You're right. The map had made me think that the Capellans were basically cut of from that "Empire stretch" Though I wonder if the Capellans also decided to capture more then just New Earth. After all all those worlds are basically free real estate at this point despite the Empire flag flying over them.

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #91 on: 15 August 2023, 15:30:56 »
In between the empire and terra, we don’t know the June 3152 owners of:

Thorin
Rigil Kentaurus
New Earth
Sirius
Ghara

Any of these are fair game to be held by Capellans, Wolves, or other by June 3152

EA map shows the Empire holding
Lipton
Zavijava
Xi Ursae
Graham.

So if the Capellans did drive a wedge, it isn’t a large one

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #92 on: 15 August 2023, 15:36:01 »
In between the empire and terra, we don’t know the June 3152 owners of:

Thorin
Rigil Kentaurus
New Earth
Sirius
Ghara

Any of these are fair game to be held by Capellans, Wolves, or other by June 3152

Sirius was taken by the Capellans in February 3151. They also took Caph in March of that year, which indicates to me that you were right before and they are indeed trying to encircle Terra.
« Last Edit: 15 August 2023, 15:42:21 by tassa_kay »

JAMES_PRYDE

• Lieutenant
« Reply #93 on: 16 August 2023, 08:42:46 »
Alaric fiddles until Snow Ravens and Ghost Bears come to bail him out lol  :cool: ?

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #94 on: 16 August 2023, 12:18:43 »
Alaric fiddles until Snow Ravens and Ghost Bears come to bail him out lol  :cool: ?

I sort of figure the opposite. Alaric won’t be cruel (by clan standards), crazy, or just incompetent. Since Alaric has seen success by leading from the front. I think if he’s set up for a big failure, it’ll be because he was too hands on instead of stepping away from the front lines

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #95 on: 16 August 2023, 14:38:52 »
Sirius was taken by the Capellans in February 3151. They also took Caph in March of that year, which indicates to me that you were right before and they are indeed trying to encircle Terra.

Caph had Jade Falcons on it I  December 3152 (same month as the diorama) per the fiction in the AS Box set.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #96 on: 16 August 2023, 14:53:51 »
Caph had Jade Falcons on it I  December 3152 (same month as the diorama) per the fiction in the AS Box set.

Doesn't mean they own it, just that they're on it.

Metallgewitter

• Captain
« Reply #97 on: 16 August 2023, 15:16:55 »

If said Ghost Bears will be free at that point because they just started a war with the Combine. And if Yori needs something right now it's someone to beat with a very heavy stick to distract from the fact she (or rather her former Gunji no Kanrei) lost New Avalon and most of their Fedsuns conquests. And lo and behold along come the Bears the only enemy the Combine could never defeat so far. If Yori could break that curse she might be counted as "the best coordinator of all times"

On another note by 3152 is the remaining wall down at that point? Or running on it's last legs? From what I remember is that Stone told Alaric that the wall has bascially 1 or 2 years left before it's resources run out. If they now fight against the Capellans they might use the same tactic the Republic used: raids against enemies to keep them disorghanized on the borders. Or in this case saving memebrs of a resurrected Clan

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #98 on: 16 August 2023, 17:18:46 »
If said Ghost Bears will be free at that point because they just started a war with the Combine. And if Yori needs something right now it's someone to beat with a very heavy stick to distract from the fact she (or rather her former Gunji no Kanrei) lost New Avalon and most of their Fedsuns conquests. And lo and behold along come the Bears the only enemy the Combine could never defeat so far. If Yori could break that curse she might be counted as "the best coordinator of all times"

On another note by 3152 is the remaining wall down at that point? Or running on it's last legs? From what I remember is that Stone told Alaric that the wall has bascially 1 or 2 years left before it's resources run out. If they now fight against the Capellans they might use the same tactic the Republic used: raids against enemies to keep them disorghanized on the borders. Or in this case saving memebrs of a resurrected Clan

I believe it’s “less than a year” unless Alaric wants to ruin the economy in the area or destroy his own Jumpships while being cut off from his industrial base.

Register