Author Topic: Anyone have any 'ready to go' NPCs I can borrow?  (Read 1038 times)

TimmyTheNerd

• Sergeant
Anyone have any 'ready to go' NPCs I can borrow?
« on: 17 January 2023, 17:22:13 »
I've got major NPCs that I plan on my party encountering, but I got nothing for random encounters and my party doesn't always go where I intend for them to go. Was wondering if anyone has some minor NPCs or Stat Blocks for people like bar drunks, common street thugs, street peddlers, and/or mafia members. If not, I'll attempt to make some myself and see how that goes. Just worried cause I'm not good at balancing (In any TTRPG) and am afraid I'll make them too strong or too weak.

guardiandashi

• Major
Re: Anyone have any 'ready to go' NPCs I can borrow?
« Reply #1 on: 17 January 2023, 22:46:48 »
I don't have "npc's per say but I do have a few characters I made.

and a few that if used should DEFINATELY just be "flavor" encounters, as a few of them could do things like wiping out an entire planet (or house)

Karen foxfire
Name: Karen Foxfire
Callsign:
DOB: 08-17-3008 (in mm/dd/year)
Unit assignment NA
vehicle/mech NA
AGE 25
Nationality Federated Suns
Ethnic Background Caucasian
height 5'11"
Weight 140 lbs
hair Red
eyes blue
major identifying marks: western style gold colored dragon tatoo breathing fire that appears to be the davion sunburst tatoo on her left bicep

atow char sheet
str 3
bod 4
RFl 5
Dex 4
int 5
wil 4
cha 6
edge 2
Traits personal
Natural aptitude Strategy
Connections (+3)
equipped +6 E/E/E
enemy lvl 3
enemy lvl 2
enemy lvl 1
glass jaw
reputation level +2
wealth level +9
extra income level 2 (500 cb/month)
compulsion hate Capellan Confederation -2
Fit +2
Rank 400 (+4)
fast learner +3 (active)
Skills
protocol federated suns  level 5
fed suns history 1
language spanish1
language english (native) 3
language german 1
language russian 1
administration 1
appraisal 2
art painting 0
interest star league 1
interest military history 3
leadership 4
martial arts 3
medtech 3
melee weapons 2
running 1
perception 2
small arms 4
strategy 1
swimming 2
computers 2
career soldier 3
career technician 2
tech electronics 3
tech mechanical 2
tech nuclear 4
tech weapons 2
tech jet 2
tech myomer 2
tech aeronautics 2 54 of 64 xp
zero g operations 2
pilot aerospace 2 (6)
gunnery aerospace 2 (6)
pilot mech 2 (6)
gunnery mech 3 (5)
navigation air 1
navigation ground 2
navigation space 1
sensor operation 2
tactics space 1
tactics land 1
training 2
solaris VII Rep
gear:
Pulse laser pistol, 10 high cap power packs equipped with laser sight and flash suppressor hip holster
vibro katana 2 power packs
vibroblade 1 power pack
vibroblade with crest, 1 power pack
gyrojet pistol, 10 clips of ammo, shoulder holster
ablative flack suit
set of fed suns std armor kit plus abl/flack pants
cooling vest,
load bearing equipment vest
SLDF combat neural helmet
plasteel boots
Full aerospace pilot kit, (combat flight suit, pilots neuralhelmet, flight gloves, boots
Engineers helmet, engineers suit
~5000 cbills worth of non uniform clothing
snow suit
parka
heat suit
light environmental suit
military communicator
Descartes mk xxi
compad
note puter
personal computer
engineers portable console
verigraph scanner/reader
portable holoprojector
personal music set
rangefinder binoculars
support ppc power pack (holds 1500 power points) she thought it was a good idea for powering tools
the manpack ppc was too high of availability code or I would have picked up one and the waldo/light exoskeleton to make it single user usable
heavy duty recharger
solar recharger
Tool kits
deluxe tool kit
aerospace repair kit
cutting /joining kit
electronics repair kit (2) mech and fighter optimized
fission/fusion repair kit
myomer/actuator repair kit
weapon repair kit
personal weapons kits
energy weapon kit
slug thrower kit
hand held laser torch
75 sq meters of radiation sheeting
advanced field kit
advanced medical kit
10 medical kits
Medipack
NOTE all extremely rare equipment, availability D or higher, or valuable ~500 cbills or more in value is equipped to be locked up with magnetic, and or reinforced magnetic locks
example the entire shipping crate of gear is equipped with reinforced and alarmed magnetic locks. the neural helmet, flight suit, and weapons cases are similar, the tool kits are only secured with magnetic locks as the tools while valuable are mostly not that hard to replace (other than things like the nuclear repair kit)

Battlemech: Phoenix Hawk LAM

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 18 January 2023, 21:06:12 »
Look in the back of AToW...  8)

TimmyTheNerd

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2023, 22:41:08 »
Look in the back of AToW...  8)

Let's see. 4 NPCs, rules for making NPCs, and a random encounter table with no statted NPCs. Or are you referring to the premade Player Characters in the record sheets? Cause even with those, none of what I listed is what I was asking about.

Clearly I'm aware of the rules for making NPCs, I have several NPCs statted that I plan on the party encountering. But I have nothing for random encounters. I have nothing for unplanned diversions. That's why I was asking if anyone had any they had already made.

It took me so long to respond because you legitimately had me thinking I missed something in the book so I kept going through it. Multiple times. Good on you. Very nice troll.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2023, 04:16:48 »
Sorry, I thought the Thug/Soldier/Savant/Boss was what you were looking for.

TimmyTheNerd

• Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2023, 05:05:20 »
Sorry, I thought the Thug/Soldier/Savant/Boss was what you were looking for.

They're basically 'ranks' you can use and rules for making NPCs of that rank. I'm looking for fully flushed out NPC statblocks. Something I can use in a pinch if I don't have stats for a specific encounter.

If you weren't trolling, then I apologize for believing you were trolling. I'm use to people doing that in response to my questions on other websites, so when I couldn't find anything I just assumed your intention was to troll me.

EDIT:
Right now I think I'm in more need of Soldier NPCs tho. Campaign is an early Clan Invasion one, taking place during the Jade Falcon Incursion into the Steiner half of the Federated Commonwealth. And through a series of events that got out of hand....somehow my players (who are mercenaries working for FedCom) have caused the battle of Engandine to become a three way war between the Federated Commonwealth, Clan Jade Falcon, and the Draconis Combine.

Not complaining about the outcome, just making a note that I need more soldier NPCs cause like....I find the situation amusing. Also, like...90% sure they're going to try and get Rassalhague involved in the war somehow too, since the DC have to go through FRR space to get to Engandine in any sort of timely manner.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2023, 05:32:30 by TimmyTheNerd »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2023, 17:56:16 »
I made some Kurita soldiers for a platoon vs. platoon scenario that might be useful.  I have some time this weekend if you'd like me to take a crack at some Steiners...

TimmyTheNerd

• Sergeant
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2023, 23:49:01 »
Not quite what I'm looking for either. Unless there's an AtoW stat block in there. Those record sheets seem to be for Total Warfare/MechScale combat.

For MechScale combat, the campaign is using DFA's Battletech: Destiny ruleset, faster battles than Total Warfare but not as simplified as Alpha Strike. I already have infantry sheets for that.

I need AtoW stats for like, if the party goes into a building or something? Sorry if I'm not explaining things clearly.

EDIT:
Making some generic low level NPCs, I think I'll post them in a new thread when I'm done.
« Last Edit: 21 January 2023, 04:04:41 by TimmyTheNerd »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 21 January 2023, 04:43:45 »
The spreadsheet in that thread is all AToW stats for 5 flavors of soldier (Davion troopers, snipers and squad leaders, Kurita troopers and squad leaders).

TimmyTheNerd

• Sergeant
« Reply #9 on: 21 January 2023, 09:29:49 »
Ah, alright. I'll be sure to check those out. Thanks.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #10 on: 21 January 2023, 09:38:59 »
No problem!  And I just incremented my main spreadsheet, so I have time to take a swing at some Steiners, if you like...  :thumbsup:

Register