Author Topic: The Diamond Shark tank and Sea Fox preserve: Cause somebody has to start it...  (Read 238323 times)

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
And lets definitely not forget what happens to those who try to take the products and/or services we (and our affiliates) provide without paying.

Lest it happen again.  We're spread out, but the Khanates have no problem taking things into their own hands when they need to, which is awesome, of course.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

wolfgar

• Captain
  • Wolfson's Heavy Raiders: 3058-3092
Or hiring those of us who know how to steal it back.
Wolf wins every fight but one, and in that one he dies, his fangs locked on the throat of his opponent.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Or hiring those of us who know how to steal it back.

We dont do mercenaries. (Because we kind of are mercenaries)

We have trueborns for that.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Josva Valdreki

• Master Sergeant
  • ...With blackjack. And hookers. In fact....
We dont do mercenaries. (Because we kind of are mercenaries)

We have trueborns for that.

And the Watch for everything else.
Úlfhéðnar Free Company
Clan Free Ghost Rasalhague Bear Dominion Republic

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
Can I just thank the Sea Foxes for introducing the Tiburon now and not having it present for the Invasion.  Having seen the specs for that mech its probably one of the most evil Clan lights i've ever seen save the Hellion.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
Can I just thank the Sea Foxes for introducing the Tiburon now and not having it present for the Invasion.  Having seen the specs for that mech its probably one of the most evil Clan lights i've ever seen save the Hellion.

Yes...yes it is.  And, of course, everytime it kills something witht he same movement type as it, it repairs a cli-
Er...sorry, wrong game ;)

But, yes..the Tiberon is nice.
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
Very very nice, I was looking at the TRO3145 and its got to be one of the best lights i've ever seen, its more like a medium in drag, but then again thats any big clan light if designed properly which was clearly done with the Tib.

Any for sale...just on the off chance...

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Very very nice, I was looking at the TRO3145 and its got to be one of the best lights i've ever seen, its more like a medium in drag, but then again thats any big clan light if designed properly which was clearly done with the Tib.

Any for sale...just on the off chance...

Actually one of the two designs that are proprietary to Clan Sea Fox right now.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
Actually one of the two designs that are proprietary to Clan Sea Fox right now.

Aye I know, and I don't have a dropship to tempt you with to part hands with just one.  Ahh well!

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
It is a really fun design to play. You get to shoot everything every round with no repercussions.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
Aye its a more sane version of the Hellion really, trading some firepower for a more balanced heat system and a nice EW package.

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
The really fun one is the MWDA variant that trades the ERMLs for HMLs.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
The really fun one is the MWDA variant that trades the ERMLs for HMLs.

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water...

Team one of those up with a http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Solitaire and you'd have a pair of high speed and massively well armed lunatics.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
*grumbles about getting beat up by a tiberon* I like them, they're alot more fun to see in action than what the books described.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
Assuming mech's have external speakers and if I recall they do, when a Solitare runs around at full speed it should start blaring out the woody the wood pecker 'hoo-ho-hahah-hohoo!' noise that he did.  That mech's bloody insane.

ds9guy

• Sergeant
  • Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Do you guys think the Sea fox clan has any warships that weren't converted into arkships? 

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
If I recall they have some smaller warships, a few destroyers/corvettes but their main fleet appears to be combat dropships and i'd not be supprised if they didn't have some PWS of their own.

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
Do you guys think the Sea fox clan has any warships that weren't converted into arkships?

Sure. The ones that were converted into CargoShips. ;)

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan

Most of their warships are Merchant Carracks. Potemkin overhauls make up the Arcships.

They do have a few regular carracks, a Lola III and A Sovetskii Soyuz.

But I think you also see a desire to demilitarize them so they aren't such huge targets. We have Nagasawa's for making people bleed. Best if people leave the fleets alone.

Tai Dai Cultist

• Lieutenant Colonel
Hard for the merchants to receive warm receptions from the indigs when WarShips are overhead.

Sometimes you want to play hardball, sure, but all stick and no carrot is a bad strategy in the long term.

Alan Grant

• Captain
So I've been confused about something. How does Clan Sea Fox handle Trials of Bloodright now? It seems like the Sea Fox bloodname houses are pretty scattered among the Khanates.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
I think the aimags and khanates meet periodically for just that purpose.  Also to renew ties and reinforce that they're all one Clan.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
So I've been confused about something. How does Clan Sea Fox handle Trials of Bloodright now? It seems like the Sea Fox bloodname houses are pretty scattered among the Khanates.

They just get together and do it. They talk about it in Hunters of the Deep. About the expense of running a trial of bloodright but how they are necessary.

Though in that book, for narrative purposes only two khanates met.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I think the aimags and khanates meet periodically for just that purpose.  Also to renew ties and reinforce that they're all one Clan.

Yeah. In theory there should be a 'council' every now and again too. Where all the bloodnamed get together to vote on things.

Keep in mind Clan Sea Fox bloodnamed can 'step down' and just be part of the normal castes eventually. Makes you wonder if they retire that bloodname (But they don't seem to)

Also means in a lot of instances those lower castes (I can't imagine laborers) but the others end up having votes in the Council. If you are a bloodnamed Merchant you aren't about to vote against yourself.

Alan Grant

• Captain
I also wonder how sibkos are handled. Does each Khanate create/train their own sibkos? Or are they handled collectively somehow? Can each Khanate pull from the full genetic repository of the Clan or does bloodheritages/genetic legacies "belong" to one Khanate or another?

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
I would imagine a little of A. and a little of B.  As the legacies belong to the Clan as a whole, they should be able to use them all.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
I also wonder how sibkos are handled. Does each Khanate create/train their own sibkos? Or are they handled collectively somehow? Can each Khanate pull from the full genetic repository of the Clan or does bloodheritages/genetic legacies "belong" to one Khanate or another?

Maybe some insight into that in the background of Antoinette Labov. She is from the Full Moon enclave on Shimonita. Its a Republic Enclave, but Clan Sea Fox has quite a few enclaves spread out among the Inner Sphere. Or at least, at one point there was definitely 14 of them in the touring the stars information.

So its possible and probable that Sibko's are raised on those enclaves.

I like the idea that they are all on a space ship so I'm certain that the Sea Fox ships are a lot more 'lived in' than other clan ships. I imagine that at least freeborns are born and raised in the traveling aimags. Though all trueborns coming from an enclave makes a little bit of sense.

A lot of Clan Sea Foxes enclaves have moved and the clan makes being enigmatic its calling card. So some of it is hard to say.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
Can each Khanate pull from the full genetic repository of the Clan or does bloodheritages/genetic legacies "belong" to one Khanate or another?

Well 'Trials of Propagation are a thing. So you probably see a rise in prominence of several blood houses simply because they need more blood named to fill out aimags.

Exclusive bloodnames are definitely more sought after and honestly you probably see them clustered rather than spread out. only two Clarkes lead aimags in FM 3145 and they are in two separate khanates. There was a third, Sha Clarke but that blood lineage has been reaved I believe.

The blood names are pretty spread out. But Clan Sea Foxes visible assets are only 30 clusters large.

Nav_Alpha

• Major
This actually brings up a question i have been thinking about - I've been toying with the concept of a Republic-born Sea Fox character for a while now. Maybe even one from Shimonita.
What do you think they do in the post-blackout era? Join the Republic military for experience?
What about post-blackout? Do you think some would stay faithful to the Republic? End up inside prefecture X? Would they be trusted?

What's everyone's thoughts?

"Hold your position, conserve ammo... and wait for the Dragoons to go Feral"
- last words of unknown merc, Harlech, 3067

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
This actually brings up a question i have been thinking about - I've been toying with the concept of a Republic-born Sea Fox character for a while now. Maybe even one from Shimonita.
What do you think they do in the post-blackout era? Join the Republic military for experience?
What about post-blackout? Do you think some would stay faithful to the Republic? End up inside prefecture X? Would they be trusted?

What's everyone's thoughts?

Shimonita has been reconquered by the Draconis Combine. The Full Moon Enclave was likely left alone. The Sea Foxes own a planet in the Draconis Combine after all and even with the anti-clan sentiments stirred up that destroyed Clan Nova Cat that world has been staying strong. It sounded like for awhile the Draconis Combine owed the Sea Foxes some pretty big favors. But for whatever reason the Sea Foxes seem fairly safe for the moment.

Sea Foxes seem to be willing to participate or even earn Republic citizenship. Post fortress that is not going to matter anymore really. Antoinette's loyalty seems to be to Clan Sea Fox. But she is a republic citizen and has even made friendships with really important republic citizens.

So I imagine a Sea Fox character pre-blackout and even pre-fortress is probably helpful towards the Republic. We aren't an antagonistic clan really.

Register