Author Topic: Sibko Training  (Read 3341 times)

Maelwys

• Major
Sibko Training
« on: 28 February 2011, 02:17:19 »
Due to another thread, I just realized something that I might have been doing wrong..well, since the RPG came out. I just wanted to see if I AM doing it wrong, and if y'all agree with me or not...

Clan Trueborn Sibko Training costs 1600 for MechWarriors. Inside, you have Basic training for 300 with 50 per skill and a 10 rebate, and MechWarrior Training for 480, 80 per skill, with 16 rebate.

Now, if this was a Stage 3 path, with a formal school, I would include the cost of the fields in the life Path cost..those are listed as XP+Field costs.

But the Sibko is just a straight 1600. And if you add up the points, you really need the basic training and MechWarrior Training to get close to 1600 points.

Now, this entire time I've been dong it as 1600+Field Costs.

Have I just been doing it wrong? Have I been spending an extra 50% on the Clan character, without meaning to?

BirdofPrey

• Major
Re: Sibko Training
« Reply #1 on: 28 February 2011, 02:36:15 »
I believe you have been doing it wrong.  Your analysis is correct, the field costs are part of the module the same way as the rest of the "and x xp to the following y skills" bits in other modules are.

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 28 February 2011, 02:59:06 »
Well, now I sort of feel like an idiot :) That's almost another 800 points to spend on characters that I was missing the first time around. That can be quite a difference.

Cannon_Fodder

• Warrant Officer
  • Dream of freedom from the 2d6 bell curve.
« Reply #3 on: 28 February 2011, 19:31:16 »
For the Clan training you don't pay extra for the field skills. They are included in the module price. Hence why it doesn't say ####XP + Field Costs

PS: This is about the 4th time I personally have posted in a thread asking this same question. Its a very common mistake.

Avatar by ShadowRaven  Sig banner by HikageMaru

Tempus

• Sergeant
  • Gizzled vet and 2D10 Heretic
« Reply #4 on: 28 February 2011, 21:19:04 »
I think it's perhaps the only exception to the way the field costs 'normally' work.   (it's also if my memory serves a higher allocation, and 50 per, instead of the normal 30 per field skill)

and yeah  paying twice for that nearly 800 points worth of skills..  man those characters must really um  ah  bite..
C4 trumps 4 Aces

Carbon Elasmobranch

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: 01 March 2011, 01:04:25 »
I think it's perhaps the only exception to the way the field costs 'normally' work.   (it's also if my memory serves a higher allocation, and 50 per, instead of the normal 30 per field skill)

and yeah  paying twice for that nearly 800 points worth of skills..  man those characters must really um  ah  bite..

Perhaps they can double up now?  Nothing can stand before them... except for their low Attribute ratings.  ^VVVVV^

Maelwys

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 01 March 2011, 01:23:28 »
Amusingly I mad this makes when I was doing a sample character or two back on the old forums, no one caught in then either.  Ah well, live and learn.

Register