Author Topic: This Forum keeps getting labeled "Junk" by outlook  (Read 1823 times)

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
This Forum keeps getting labeled "Junk" by outlook
« on: 21 January 2016, 09:43:31 »
Can't figure it out! I've pulled it out of my junk mail hundreds of times now and hit "not junk" and always trust this sender every time.

Any ideas? I can't even find a working help contact number for outlook., what with the switchover from hotmail. Is this a known issue?
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
Re: This Forum keeps getting labeled "Junk" by outlook
« Reply #1 on: 21 January 2016, 15:41:01 »
Not that I know of, but I'll poke around.
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

False Son

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Kot Blini
« Reply #2 on: 21 January 2016, 15:46:25 »
For the record, you've also used Never Block This Sender's Domain?
TOYNBEE IDEA
IN MOViE `2001
RESURRECT DEAD
ON PLANET JUPITER

Destroy what destroys you

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #3 on: 21 January 2016, 16:16:34 »
Many years ago, we did have a problem with Hotmail blocking emails from the forum, which was a particular problem for new signups. Perhaps this is somehow related.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #4 on: 21 January 2016, 16:40:02 »
But if I'm reading the OP right, he migrated to Outlook.com, or are you still using Hotmail?
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Colonel
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #5 on: 21 January 2016, 16:46:00 »
The Outlook I use at work tends to classify mail as junk if you get many, repetitive messages from a single source.

Such as "The website your company registered is about to expire" ;) Or, as in this case, messages from the forum here which are from a non-human source & of standard-ish format.

The trick is to go into the Junk folder, right-click on one such email, and pick "Never block sender". As I understand itm that'll prevent them from being classified as junk ever again. So make sure you let the right one in ;)

W.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2016, 07:52:43 »
For the record, you've also used Never Block This Sender's Domain?

Not to my knowledge.
But if I'm reading the OP right, he migrated to Outlook.com, or are you still using Hotmail?

They seem to be phasing out hotmail. I use the same address, but it says "outlook.com" now...so that's outlook now.

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

roosterboy

• Site Maintenance
  • Major
  • J'accuse!
« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2016, 11:32:07 »

Yes, but since it's run by the same company and presumably carries over at least some of their preferred methods of operating an email service, maybe a similar issue could be involved.

beachhead1985

• Major
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #8 on: 26 January 2016, 23:01:08 »
So what would be the best COA to deal with it?

A.E. Housman

Register