Author Topic: UK Players Roll Call  (Read 44933 times)

Antooine

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Cuidich'n Rich
Re: UK Players Roll Call
« Reply #30 on: 19 November 2011, 23:27:43 »
Hey Guys and Girls - I posted my own topic about this but I'll post here as well so I can get in touch with all of you (or as many of you who are interested)

I'm Sam (A Canadian) - I'm a Demo Team Agent - I'm moving to London in the first week of January (specifically moving to Beckenham, which I think is in Bromley, which I think is technically South London - but still Oyster Zone? anyways).

Anyways, as a Demo Team Agent, I would like to keep my skills sharp between conventions by running a regular gaming event either out of King's College London (where I am a student and will shortly be forming a Gaming Club)  or a pub or something.

I would like to run events on at least a monthly basis, if not every other week. I know there are only a few people close to London (who I have both messaged) - please, if you are close to London, can travel to London and are interested in playing, let me know.

things I have in mind 1)a mercenary campaign - all the players are mech warriors/tank drivers/whatever in a mercenary company. I have experience playing in one of these campaigns and would love to run one of my own. I was thinking either a 3036/3039 campaign, a Clan invasion era campaign, or a Jihad era campaign. Please let me know what you would be interested in.

Other ideas include just drawing up company on company battles, and having at 'em.

I'm also interested in going to local conventions - so if people know of gaming conventions around London that I can run battletech at...

my email is samamclean@gmail.com. PLease don't hesitate to drop me a line.
Mercy is the mark of a great man. (Stab) Guess I'm just a good man. (Stab) Well, I'm all right.

Firedrake

• Corporal
    • Battletech at tekeli-li
« Reply #31 on: 29 November 2011, 07:01:37 »
Sounds like a good idea. Beckenham is in Zone 4, about 20 minutes from Victoria. I can't promise to be 100% reliable for a monthly event in London but I'd certainly like to give it a try.

Of the campaigns you mention, pre-Clan is my preference - I've just never found them all that interesting as a narrative element. But I'm flexible.

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #32 on: 30 November 2011, 04:09:46 »
Just a thought, back in the day I helped run a Battletech game at Salute (South London Warlords)

http://www.salute.co.uk/

That might be a possibility?
Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

Firedrake

• Corporal
« Reply #33 on: 30 November 2011, 04:29:07 »
Just a thought, back in the day I helped run a Battletech game at Salute (South London Warlords)

Haven't been to one of those since I lived nearby, but well worth a shot as a meetup site. Also Warfare in Reading, though we've just missed that.

Antooine

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Cuidich'n Rich
« Reply #34 on: 01 December 2011, 22:35:56 »
I'm thinking about doing a campaign just after the formation of the Chaos march - that way there are plenty of enemies to choose from - Clan, WOB, Comstar, all the houses, pirates, etc. Lots of opportunity for doing things. It might be interesting to run a campaign based on a merc company hired by WOB
Mercy is the mark of a great man. (Stab) Guess I'm just a good man. (Stab) Well, I'm all right.

Firedrake

• Corporal
« Reply #35 on: 02 December 2011, 06:01:05 »
"Yay, this month we got shot at by the enemy more than by our employers!"

"That doesn't sound like cause for celebration."

"Wait till you've been out here a few more years, kid."

Antooine

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Cuidich'n Rich
« Reply #36 on: 05 December 2011, 14:29:28 »
THis is going to be a once a month thing - hopefully that way the most people can make it any point.

Would people rather I hold the campaign event at a game store (like Dark Sphere) or at a ... alternate location (like one where drinks and food can be purchased and consumed?).

Also, if everybody can find a copy of the A Time of War .pdf or (or the real book - pdfs are probably easier to find and cheaper), build yourselves a character out of that - we're going after the fall of Terra to the WOB (you guys will be forming your merc company just after).

You can do what you want with your characters within the rules - if you want to make slight alterations for plot line, send me an email and I'll okay/nay say them as they come up but I'll say yes if they're well thought out and explained. All players must own their vehicles - you don't *need* (bold, underscored) to be a mechwarrior, but I *strongly* (bold, underlined) suggest it. That said, it would be fun to have vehicles along side tanks. That way I can bring out my ALACORNS!! (otherwise my tanks will be relegated to opforce... tho I do love using vehicles for opfor.)

I do plan on making a facebook group to make this easier to coordinate - i have some players who aren't on this forum - please shoot me an email if you're interested (vaguely interested) so I can start coordinating things through my email = just to remind people its samamclean@gmail.com

I will be getting a UK phone number, and when I know that (probably on Jan 6) I will send it out through email

Firedrake

• Corporal
« Reply #37 on: 05 December 2011, 14:47:58 »
Would people rather I hold the campaign event at a game store (like Dark Sphere) or at a ... alternate location (like one where drinks and food can be purchased and consumed?).

You'll be lucky to find a shop with the demo space. I'll give you a shout by email.

Antooine

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Cuidich'n Rich
« Reply #38 on: 13 December 2011, 21:49:04 »
We have one player for the merc campaign - he's going to be playing an ex-ComStar mechwarrior.. this is going to be interesting!

Antooine

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Cuidich'n Rich
« Reply #39 on: 29 December 2011, 13:09:00 »
Hey everybody - Since I"m moving to the UK in a week (holy crap already).

I'd like to set up my first game for a week after I move in - so Friday January 13th. I'd like to do something at Dark Sphere (which is in Central London - right near Waterloo tube station).

I'd like to do a company on company game (speed battletech but *not* quickstrike rules*) depending on how many people show up we may splite it into bits.

I have minis that I will be bringing - I'm thinking DLC + DOnegal Guards + whatever vs Marik Milita + Syn's Hussars + Cappies.

Would anybody be interested in playing? Or if people don't want to go to a store, I may be able to host the game at my place.

Let me know if people are interested.

Mattman

« Reply #40 on: 27 January 2012, 18:40:58 »
Hey there,

My name is Matt and I live near Hull.

Long time fan of the Battletech Universe since I picked up the box set back in the early 90s, though I only ever played a couple of games, and from playing all the computer games starting with the SNES one (just recently played through Mechcommander 2 and have started Vengeance again). Really getting back into the detail of the universe through reading the all the novels from the beginning.
Would be interested in finding someone to play a couple of games with. Also keen to try out some Quickstrike as the more streamlined version appeals to me after years of WHFB and 40k.
I prefer the Succession and early Clan Invasion eras, mainly because that is what I have read about and I am not keen on all the fancy weapons and equipment from later on.

Matt

Antooine

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Cuidich'n Rich
« Reply #41 on: 03 February 2012, 07:33:44 »
Hey Matt- I'm not sure where Hull is.. but if yo ucan make it to London at all You're more than welcome at my place when I hold matches - my next one is this Sunday but I"ll probably have another one end of Feb, early March. Feel free to shoot me an email.

It seems that running battletech at London Anime Con may have fallen through since I can't get the organizer on the Horn.

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #42 on: 06 February 2012, 04:07:56 »
Hi Sam, how did the game go on Sunday?

Sory to hear about the Anime problem
Go to red alert!

Antooine

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Cuidich'n Rich
« Reply #43 on: 13 February 2012, 11:50:18 »
The game last Sunday (A week ago) went rather well - the two players who came over had to fight for control of a dropship. It worked rather well, I thought.

I actually managed to get ahold of the London Anime Con people and ran some demos for 5 hours or so on Saturday - I'm not sure if I've won anybody over.

I think that my next match may be this sunday, the 19th but I have to figure things out with players first - we may put it off for a couple of weeks, but the next session is going to be a testrun of something that we're putting together for next year's GenCon, so as many players as can help out would be wonderful.

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #44 on: 14 February 2012, 05:30:45 »
Glad to hear things went well matey

Good news on the Anime front after all then.

Test run for Gencon eh?  Thats interesting  }:)
Go to red alert!

Antooine

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Cuidich'n Rich
« Reply #45 on: 07 March 2012, 15:52:12 »
Yup - I think we'll be putting off the Vimy Ridge test run until the next time, to see if I can get more players.. speaking of which.. this Sunday - March 11- I'm running another Battletech event at my place.. any players near London (I'm in South London, technically Kent but I'm in Zone 4) who want to play, please email me or sent me a message and I'll send you directions.

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #46 on: 12 March 2012, 10:59:32 »
Vimy Ridge scenario sounds rather interesting, just sorry I couldn't make it this time

Hope Sunday went well?
Go to red alert!

Firedrake

• Corporal
« Reply #47 on: 12 March 2012, 11:02:32 »
Well, we're all still alive... though one warrior did end up shouting "ten thousand lives for the Coordinator" and running up close to a Hunchie IIC variant (only to get headshot from behind by a tank)...

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #48 on: 13 March 2012, 03:09:53 »
Well, we're all still alive... though one warrior did end up shouting "ten thousand lives for the Coordinator" and running up close to a Hunchie IIC variant (only to get headshot from behind by a tank)...

Sounds fun  ;D
Go to red alert!

Antooine

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Recruit
  • Cuidich'n Rich
« Reply #49 on: 18 March 2012, 14:53:03 »
That's what happens when you enlist in the DCMS.

The next event will be April 15 and will be.. .wait for it... the first day for the campaign. It will start with making sure al lthe characters etc are ready to go, and then starting a first mission (to make things simple, you will be only offered one mission to start with).

I'm going to be setting up some stuff on Dropbox so that all the documents can be easy to find/access.
I've had two more people contact me - one from Oxfordshire, one from SW London so hopefully I can get both of them plus another bloke i know from school - neither of the extra players we had last time want to join a campaign (one is going back to Canada and the other isn't interested in only running one mech at a time)

If you can make it for April 15 - email me and I will get you hooked up with the Dropbox

doubtlesswonder

« Reply #50 on: 06 June 2012, 06:57:54 »
What about the Cheshire folks?

Macclesfield, Warrington and Kidsgrove aren't that far from each other (hell, I was in Macclesfield on a job interview) - do you guys fancy brushing the cobwebs off?

I can travel (not too far with the price of fuel lately) or I can host - I have a 'workshop' attached to my house that could easily accommodate quite a large game, and coffee and tea on tap. Also, I have rules, maps dice and 'mechs - you'd just need your record sheets really.

I'm still up for this if the offer is still there.

thrawn

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #51 on: 29 July 2012, 16:13:10 »
Hi guys

I'm David from Carrickfergus in Northern Ireland. I already have a couple of friends with whom I game occasionally, but my time is really limited, so I'm really just posting out of curiosity as much as anything else.

In the words of Ambassador Mollari, can anyone hear me?

D
"When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth and say, 'No, you move'." - Captain America

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #52 on: 17 March 2013, 08:13:36 »
Been a long time since any UK players posted - any new names to add to the list?

Steve.

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
« Reply #53 on: 25 March 2013, 17:44:54 »
Yeah, me.

Jeff, West Sussex.
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: 26 March 2013, 03:57:59 »
Folks,

Can you add your name and location to the list I have started below and we can get an up to date pic of who we have in the UK?

Martin 'Shichiro' Sweeney: Manchester
Mark 'Red Lancer' Wallace: Doncaster
Battleclad: Northants
Shin Yodama: SE Cheshire
warden: Macclesfield (Cheshire) / St Andrews (Fife)
doubtlesswonder: Warrington (Cheshire)
viridianuk: Morecambe Lancashire...
Tokage: Croydon.
Chinless: Derby.
SteveUK: Warwickshire
blackguard_alpha: Cumbernauld, North Lanarkshire
Challenger: Worksop, North Nottinghamshire
Davion_Boy_74: Stafford, Staffordshire
Paint it Pink: W London
Robert Anstruther: Rugby
Mart_UK: Oxfordshire
Leon Shirow: Nottingham
DaveMac: Buckingham
ElectricMonkey: Beds/Bucks
Firedrake: High Wycombe, Bucks
JA Baker: Jeff, West Sussex
Additions from previous posts.
« Last Edit: 13 April 2013, 14:00:29 by Shichiro »

Firedrake

• Corporal
« Reply #55 on: 26 March 2013, 04:13:45 »
Maybe easiest if you edit your own post as updates come in, to give us the whole list in one place?

Firedrake, High Wycombe

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #56 on: 26 March 2013, 04:49:50 »
Done  ;)

JA Baker

• Captain
  • Dreamer Of Dreams
UK Players Roll Call
« Reply #57 on: 10 April 2013, 20:10:27 »
Folks,

Can you add your name and location to the list I have started below and we can get an up to date pic of who we have in the UK?

Additions from previous posts.

...and I'm still not on the list.

Is it something I said?
"That's the thing about invading the Capellan Confederation: half a decade later, you want to invade it again"
-Attributed to First-Prince Hanse Davion, 3030

Shichiro

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Master Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: 13 April 2013, 14:01:40 »
Latest
JA Baker: Jeff, West Sussex

SteveUK

• Sergeant
« Reply #59 on: 23 August 2013, 05:09:39 »
It's been a while, any new/returning UK players want to add their details to the list