Author Topic: Origins and Gencon 2018!  (Read 2084 times)

OrangeWoman

• Boss Honcho, Catalyst Demo Team & Mini/Board Games
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Orange
Origins and Gencon 2018!
« on: 02 May 2018, 22:17:07 »
Hello Everyone!

The Demo Team is once again bringing a great line up of events to Origins and Gencon 2018!

The event description allowed in the convention guides are very limited so I created the following site to answer more of your questions and condense the information all into one place. It isn't the prettiest of site but it is up to date.  :)

If you have any questions not covered on this site please feel free to ask me at demoteam@catalystgamelabs.com

https://sites.google.com/view/catalystdemoteam/home

theagent

• Master Sergeant
Re: Origins and Gencon 2018!
« Reply #1 on: 29 May 2018, 16:12:34 »
Are there any events planned for Wednesday 6/13, & if so do we need to prepurxhase tickets for them?

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #2 on: 29 May 2018, 17:19:10 »
Bootcamp, Alpha Academy, Grinder, and Dragonfire are running noon to 8. You probably don't need to prepurchase tickets for them, but ticket holders are guaranteed seats over non ticket holders.

acemarke

• Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: 07 June 2018, 19:49:31 »
So the Feature Event at Origins is only on Saturday this year?  That's... disappointing, but I can understand it given the lack of attendees the last couple years.  Good to know - I may just come out for Saturday this year.

For that matter, I see that all of the Feature Event sessions are now only 8 hours, instead of 12.  That's also disappointing, since I've traditionally shown up and been there for three days straight (with possible exceptions for the Open or Masters and Minions).

gabelincone

• Recruit
« Reply #4 on: 02 July 2018, 20:23:44 »
Last year at Gen Con, someone, I believe a Demo Agent, was working on the rules for an Aerospace Grinder.
Any idea if and/or when that will be taking place?

Thank you.

OrangeWoman

• Boss Honcho, Catalyst Demo Team & Mini/Board Games
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • Orange
« Reply #5 on: 18 July 2018, 20:29:42 »
The agent who is working on the aero grinder is currently on deployment with the military so he sadly cannot make the show so sadly aero grinder cannot happen this year. However, I am really hoping he will be able to attend Gencon 2020. He will also be glad to know that you want to see the aero grinder happen.  :)

lordgoober

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: 26 July 2018, 16:40:43 »
I can't go to GenCon this year because of injuries and not being able to get off work.  However had I gone most of what I would have played have apparently been "exiled" to the Lucas Oil Stadium.  Has Battletech also been put out there?

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #7 on: 26 July 2018, 17:55:55 »
No, we're in Hall B.