Author Topic: The Former 66th - Litany Against Fear - Old School Scenario Book  (Read 8899 times)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
After a very, very, long time I finished this project. This scenario book is about my homebrew mercenary unit that I've posted and talked about on the forums for a while. Instead of reviving the old thread, I decided to make a new one. This book itself is probably the best BattleTech thing I've made.

I don't claim to be a good writer. I'm just a fan who loves this game and who wanted to make something for it. We all have our own homebrew units, but a lot of us like to have them with a canon feel. Successes, failures, grit, everything. This is what I tried so damn hard to do.

The book is a take on the old style scenario book and is made for Alpha Strike Commander's Edition. However, there is stuff in there for BattleTech too. Unit history, unit roster, bios, scenarios, tro... whatever I felt was appropriate.

So here it is. For those of you who give this a look, and those who commented in my old threads, thank you. I hope you enjoy it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VofcNgeBwpKOM1mdxSM7V8-n25abaNkE/view?usp=sharing

« Last Edit: 12 June 2020, 11:03:41 by Fear Factory »
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
I still have it in storage.

Major Headcase

• Lieutenant
  • We're paid to win. Heroism costs extra...
Very cool layout!! I like it. Interesting choice of mechs as well... did you use a RAT for the selections or personal preference in selecting them??
Inspires one to do this for my own classic unit. Although mine has a slightly happier ending to their story...  :)

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
I still have it in storage.

This book is wayyyyyy better.

Very cool layout!! I like it. Interesting choice of mechs as well... did you use a RAT for the selections or personal preference in selecting them??
Inspires one to do this for my own classic unit. Although mine has a slightly happier ending to their story...  :)

Thank you!

The 'Mechs are a personal choice of mine. 4th edition got me into the game and I wanted to make a company that used the designs from that box. Mechwarrior 2 Mercenaries also played a big part. The Assassin is my favorite design even with all of its quirky glory.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Elmoth

• Major
  • Periphery fanboy
Looking great!

DOC_Agren

• Major
The Assassin is my favorite design even with all of its quirky glory.

It is a very quirky mech, but I got to know it well as I had a old friend long departed now :beer:.  It Honetly does nothing good, but mobility.  However a couple of mods and hit fills some interesting roles, like Scout Mech Hunter.  Although I still perfer a Jenner for that, if I could get them.
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
It is a very quirky mech, but I got to know it well as I had a old friend long departed now :beer:.  It Honetly does nothing good, but mobility.  However a couple of mods and hit fills some interesting roles, like Scout Mech Hunter.  Although I still perfer a Jenner for that, if I could get them.

I figured I would put the mobility to use with the Slugger and Jumping Jack SPA's...  >:D

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
I'm glad I had a hand in this endeavor FF! Still a good read, even after all these years.

Think a PoD might be possible?

TT
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
I'm glad I had a hand in this endeavor FF! Still a good read, even after all these years.

Think a PoD might be possible?

TT

Thanks man.

PoD? I could only dream.

truetanker

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Clan Hells Horses 666th Mech. Assualt Cluster
* Runs down to local copying store... *

You want 'em single or double sided? Glossy the covers and color print them? How about bindage, curly cue or ring?

Just tell me, I'll do it...

( Then send it to you via next day delivery, but ya'll gotta pay the S&H fees... )

TT
( Not joking either! I have my ways... )
Khan, Clan Iron Dolphin
Azeroth Pocketverse
That is, if true tanker doesn't beat me to it. He makes truly evil units.Col.Hengist on 31 May 2013
TT, we know you are the master of nasty  O0 ~ Fletch on 22 June 2013
If I'm attacking you, conventional wisom says to bring 3x your force.  I want extra insurance, so I'll bring 4 for every 1 of what you have :D ~ Tai Dai Cultist on 21 April 2016
Me: Would you rather fight my Epithymía Thanátou from the Whispers of Blake?
Nav_Alpha: That THING... that is horrid
~ Nav_Alpha on 10 October 2016

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
* Runs down to local copying store... *

You want 'em single or double sided? Glossy the covers and color print them? How about bindage, curly cue or ring?

Just tell me, I'll do it...

( Then send it to you via next day delivery, but ya'll gotta pay the S&H fees... )

TT
( Not joking either! I have my ways... )

Oh. I suppose. I was thinking something more "official."

Also, I noticed that I forgot to put in the record sheets for the conventional units. Fixed that. The only thing I can't figure out is how to add the LAW's as disposable weapons for the infantry. I don't think megameklab can do that yet.

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
Tagged.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
The only thing I can't figure out is how to add the LAW's as disposable weapons for the infantry. I don't think megameklab can do that yet.
It's on the list, but at this time we don't support disposable weapons in MegaMekLab.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
It's on the list, but at this time we don't support disposable weapons in MegaMekLab.

Nice.

If anyone notices why the Alpha Strike cards seem different through conversion, it's because the LAW's actually add a slight boost in firepower. Kind of like how Rocket Launcher's work.

Red Pins

• Major
Very well done, FF, can't wait to spend more time on it.

I remember the first book you did - quite the improvement.  I'd say this one is darn close to professional quality.
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Not my era, but VERY well done!  :thumbsup:

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
Very well done, FF, can't wait to spend more time on it.

I remember the first book you did - quite the improvement.  I'd say this one is darn close to professional quality.

Yeah, that first one was rough. Mostly because it was my first time doing something like that. Alpha Strike renewed my love for the universe.

Not my era, but VERY well done!  :thumbsup:

Thanks.

Red Pins

• Major
Feel proud.  You've improved tremendously.  I haven't.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
Feel proud.  You've improved tremendously.  I haven't.

Thanks a lot man. No need to talk down on yourself.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
Here's some camo for MegaMek!
« Last Edit: 29 June 2020, 15:16:14 by Fear Factory »

Renard

• Master Sergeant
Re: The Former 66th - Litany Against Fear - Old School Scenario Book
« Reply #20 on: 01 August 2020, 18:31:19 »
I am totally fascinated with this without completely understanding why.  Like I have a bunch of questions but I don't want the mystery of this thing ruined.  It's like when you watch movies as a kid and don't think about how they are "made", but as an adult you're constantly complaining about JJ Abrams. The sincerity of the whole thing makes it feel more like art to be appreciated and less like a commodity to be consumed.

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #21 on: 22 August 2020, 15:06:15 »
I am totally fascinated with this without completely understanding why.  Like I have a bunch of questions but I don't want the mystery of this thing ruined.  It's like when you watch movies as a kid and don't think about how they are "made", but as an adult you're constantly complaining about JJ Abrams. The sincerity of the whole thing makes it feel more like art to be appreciated and less like a commodity to be consumed.

That's a nice compliment. Thank you so much.

I am curious about what you're looking for, though...

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #22 on: 02 January 2022, 14:58:11 »
Since I'm in quarantine, I've been revisiting a lot of my old stuff. Oh, the nostalgia. There was once a time where I felt very passionate for the game. Now... it's been hit or miss. Might just be how things have been lately.

Anyway, I had a logo idea, just a slight edit to make it different than the actual logo I borrowed:
« Last Edit: 02 January 2022, 22:59:41 by Fear Factory »

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #23 on: 02 January 2022, 16:07:33 »
Tagged I'll have a look when on my laptop looks cool
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #24 on: 02 January 2022, 18:17:22 »
Thanks for sharing!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Register