Author Topic: Where do you call "Home" and why?  (Read 13590 times)

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Where do you call "Home" and why?
« Reply #30 on: 14 February 2011, 23:33:55 »
It was a hard pick for me between the Coyotes and Ravens, but ultimately the 'Yotes won out.  I guess I can have the Ravens as my 'IS Clan'.  I like the Coyote hardware choices and general outlook on things, and over time I've come to associate pretty closely with them.  Too bad it puts me against the Cobras though, I like their religious aspect.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Guardsman

• Captain
  • Sang-wei Christopher Vose
« Reply #31 on: 14 February 2011, 23:42:34 »
One thing I find annoying is that you can name almost any Clan, and I can find some very interesitng aspects that appeal to me. I could practically get very interested in almost every faction. While that's great for a product, it's annoying and a bit infuriating. Too many choices! Too many of them are great!
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
You will live on forever,
So long as the internet exists,
We shall remember you, Albatross.
1st Chesterton Guards
Regiment/Veteran/Fanatical
100% Strength | 100% Upgraded

Arkansas Warrior

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #32 on: 14 February 2011, 23:46:49 »
Yeah, same here.  I got nothing for the Falcon, Vipers, and Crusader Wolves, but other than that I can find something everywhere.

I forgot about the Fallen.  Definetly not the Wolverines or Widowmakers.  I don't know enough about either the Mongoose (who seem to be sort of a Shark/Raven hybrid) and the Burrocks (who I just plain know next to nothing about) to choose between them.
Sunrise is Coming.

All Hail First Prince Melissa Davion, the Patron Saint of the Regimental Combat Team, who cowed Dainmar Liao, created the Model Army, and rescued Robinson!  May her light ever guide the sons of the Suns, May our daughters ever endeavour to emulate her!

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 15 February 2011, 00:15:22 »
Yeah, same here.  I got nothing for the Falcon, Vipers, and Crusader Wolves, but other than that I can find something everywhere.

I forgot about the Fallen.  Definetly not the Wolverines or Widowmakers.  I don't know enough about either the Mongoose (who seem to be sort of a Shark/Raven hybrid) and the Burrocks (who I just plain know next to nothing about) to choose between them.

I seem to have a fondness for that which The Powers That Be choose to discard. If I had to list my favourite Clans in order, it might be something like Smoke Jaguar, Burrock, Mongoose, Star Adder, Wolverine, Snow Raven . . .
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #34 on: 15 February 2011, 00:18:45 »
i just remembered i never mentioned what fallen clan i would choose, and i found this tough. If this had been asked before the klondike and golden century books i would have said widowmaker, but now i would have to say mongoose, since i have a klondike era star for them
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: 15 February 2011, 00:26:36 »
i just remembered i never mentioned what fallen clan i would choose, and i found this tough. If this had been asked before the klondike and golden century books i would have said widowmaker, but now i would have to say mongoose, since i have a klondike era star for them

Cloud Cobra vs. Mongoose (Link)
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

ShockaTime

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 15 February 2011, 00:45:14 »

that was pretty cool.

Spirit Never Dies - Second Spirit Chasseurs - Clan Blood Spirit
Raven Alliance

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: 15 February 2011, 00:46:09 »

that was impressive, feel bad for the cobra though
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #38 on: 15 February 2011, 00:57:43 »
that was pretty cool.

Clan Smoke Jaguar vs. Clan . . . which one is the biggest snake? (Link)
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: 15 February 2011, 00:59:20 »
that was impressive, feel bad for the cobra though

Clan Mongoose was absorbed by Clan Smoke Jaguar. Clan SMoke Jaguar ignored their genetic legacies. Clan Cloud Cobra fought for, and won some of those legacies. Now Clan Mongoose DNA is part of Clan Cloud Cobra. But yes, that must come as little comfort for that particular Cobra.  ;)
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #40 on: 15 February 2011, 01:04:50 »
Clan Mongoose was absorbed by Clan Smoke Jaguar. Clan SMoke Jaguar ignored their genetic legacies. Clan Cloud Cobra fought for, and won some of those legacies. Now Clan Mongoose DNA is part of Clan Cloud Cobra. But yes, that must come as little comfort for that particular Cobra.  ;)

hah! to true. though i understand why the jags ,ay have not wanted mongoose lineages, it really was a huge waste based on how hard they fought, they would have been a big asset IMO, good on the cobras for getting some
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 15 February 2011, 01:16:19 »
hah! to true. though i understand why the jags ,ay have not wanted mongoose lineages, it really was a huge waste based on how hard they fought, they would have been a big asset IMO, good on the cobras for getting some

Clan Smoke Jaguar does not make mistakes! You want to know the year, its 3058, why do you ask?
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

Mystic

• Sergeant
  • AKA that RJ Thomas dude
« Reply #42 on: 15 February 2011, 05:47:15 »
hmmm why Raven? Ok, first I'm more of an aero fan more than a mech fan (just have to fly!). The Ravens have one heck of a aero-tradition. And yes, WARSHIPS. I love space battles more than just about anything. So that got me wondering when I first got my hands on Warden Clans. After checking them out, I was kind of iffy about the political thing, until I read more and more of the history. And the way they got a virtual warship monopoly was genius. But I wasn't a hard core raven really until I read a little book called Age of Destruction and saw The Raven ALLIANCE???? Now, I liked the periphery more than the houses, and at the time I was more of an MoC fan, mainly because of setting, but I always kept an eye on the Alliance. Then, when I knew the two would meet, it was like (to quote Hudson0 GAME OVER MAN! Best pilots, meet the best black navy and let the good times roll!
"Close air support covers a multitude of sins" - Schlock Mercenary

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #43 on: 15 February 2011, 06:34:29 »
I’m a Jade Falcon fan and I don’t try to hide it. Instead, I love it.

There’s a number of reasons, but the biggest one for me is the whole attitude. Let’s face it, every Clan thinks that they’re the best for some reason; the Cats for their Visions, the Helions for shouting “LEEROY JENKINS” at every opportunity and so forth. The Falcons, on the other hand, believe that they are the best clan for simply being the Jade Falcons, and revel in it. The Falcon character, that unbelievable arrogance and hubris, is incredibly enjoyable for me. I love playing it up, acting on that incredible, self-assured superiority that they possess. The clan as an almost over-the-top attitude that is reflected in so many aspects of their culture, even down to their uniform, and I love it.

There’s numerous other reasons as well; the Falcons have some of my favourite mechs, the Fire Falcon, Summoner, Flamberge, Night Gyr, Turkina and Jupiter to name a few. I love the estoric and distinctive design ethic of the Dark Age Falcon mechs as well, with their angular plates, recessed/raised design areas and those funky wings. I love the way they seem to earnestly embody the Crusader cause, while at the same time they hide their rather devious flexibility behind a mask of conservatism.

And Elizabeth Hazen is the most crazyawesome of all of the clan founders. The others cried themselves to sleep each night knowing that they weren’t her.

As for my favourite fallen clan? I pick Clan Wolverine. Why? Because they became the core of the Word of Blake and initiated the most crazy, crack-headed fictional conspiracy ever.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Guardsman

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: 15 February 2011, 14:02:58 »
And Elizabeth Hazen is the most crazyawesome of all of the clan founders. The others cried themselves to sleep each night knowing that they weren’t her.

I feel certain that had Khan Franklin Osis wanted the old bat, he would have had her.
Dan "Albatross" Schulz
(
1979 - 8 November 2009)
You won't be forgotten,
1st Chesterton Guards

target_destroyed

• Corporal
  • BOOM - Headshot!
« Reply #45 on: 15 February 2011, 17:29:12 »
This. All it took was a little MW2 and reading the history of Elizabeth Hazen and Turkina in the Jade Falcon Sourcebook for me to be hooked.
Star Captain Aaron Hazen - Trinary Bravo
9th Talon Cluster, Jade Falcon (Gamma) Galaxy

We are Crusaders and will trample all who stand in our way!

Ian Sharpe

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: 15 February 2011, 17:30:16 »
My 'home'?  A Horse is a horse, of course of course.  If the Jags were still around, I'd play as them.  They're still my Invasion era Clan.

Vlads Fangs

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Wolf Empire Forever! Next stop- Terra!
« Reply #47 on: 15 February 2011, 22:01:00 »
As you can tell I choose the Wolves when they were new.As they have grown I find myself more Wolf than ever.From Victory to defeat,from friendships to traitors.My Clan has been whole,broken,destroyed and reborn.My Clan has been emulated and  copied by upstarts.I have seen many claim to be Wolf and fall by the wayside,fairweather Wolves I guess.I have been here,through thick and thin,Wolf from the beginning,Loyal and dependable and constant as the northern star.
                    I love the Story of the Wolves,constant and ever changing.I am greatful to be a flagwaver for the Wolves.With the Dark Age approaching our Wolf Empire now has room to grow.And a possiable re-unification with the WIE making us whole once again,so the story goes

WarMonkey

• Master Sergeant
  • Beware the might of the Falcon, freebirths!
« Reply #48 on: 16 February 2011, 02:09:50 »
I am Jade Falcon and will always be. I have liked them since first seeing the emblem, but what really got me hooked was the Legend of the Jade Pheonix Trilogy starring Aidan Pryde. I haven't looked back since. I like other clans too, but the Jade Falcons are my number 1. [notworthy] They just appeal to me on many different levels.

As for the fallen....I would have to say the Smoke Jaguars. I can't exactly pin down why I like them so much. All I know is that I got a kick out of reading stuff on them in the Twilight of the Clans series. They just seemed like the perfect antagonist for new Star League. Ruthless. Highly skilled. Technologically advanced. They went down swinging.  [rockon]

Winning......it beats losing!

Aidan Pryde is my hero!