Author Topic: STABLE Releases MegaMek, MegaMekLab, MekHQ: v0.46.0 (Stable) August 20 /2019  (Read 9935 times)

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
Hi Everyone,
Welcome to a new Stable Release! This stable represent over a year work by the dev team, our contributors, and 1000's of hours of play from players finding and reporting things in all the programs to make them better.

We have lots planned for the next Dev cycle, with Princess going to war college, the ability to build and use Support Vehicles in accordance with the rules, a fully semi-canon generated universe, and of course continued work on stability.

See the attached file for summary of everything that's been fixed/added since the last stable.

**FOR MAC USERS**
There isn't a Mac release and you'll have to use the Unix release. We are continuing to have issues with Gradle packaging scripts and various security settings in MacOS. We have no ETA for a fix, as lot of depends on factors outside our control.

Megamek.
We’ve fixed or implemented 120 things since the last stable.  Some of the highlights include:
  • Force Generator
  • TRO Style Summary
  • Ability to Use Trailers
  • Space Combat Improvements (Sensors, Aero Sanity 2.0)
  • Princess has gone to school to advanced combat school.
  •    -Aerospace in Space and on ground maps
  •    -Learned about artillery and TAG
  •    -Can unjam weapons
  •    -Improved use of Infantry
  • Added the Saxarba Tileset (must have a look at it)
  • Deadborder’s staggering amount of vehicle sprites
  • Numerous bug and stability fixes

MegaMekLab.
The march to make MegaMekLab the ultimate unit builder continues, with 88 fixes and new features including:
  • Advanced Aerospace Construction
  • Protomech construction
  • TRO and Fluff style tab
  • Upgrades to Record Sheet Printing including the ability to print Advanced Aerospace
  • Improved Print Dialogs and options

MekHQ.
This dev cycle MekHQ has had lots of fixes to make it more stable and more usable.  With 138 fixes and new features including:
  • Personnel Awards(Medals)
  • Pay for repairs
  • Advanced Aerospace Damage and Repair
  • Daily History Log
  • Improvements to currency/finance system in MekHQ
  • Mass Mothball/reactivate
Also a reminder to drop into the Slack channel to meet other players and harass the devs that drop in and out.  

As a reminder when moving between versions:
1)   Make backups of your campaigns and customs.
2)   Always treat each release as a stand alone release and only copy your data forward from older versions.
3)   This thread is for discussing the release. Bugs should be reported by opening an issue on the appropriate tracker on GitHub. Anything reported here is likely to be buried in the discussion and forgotten by the time we get a chance to work on it.

This will be VERY important if you are moving from the old Stable to this Stable. There is a good chance you’ll have issues in MekHQ with unit name changes.  If you get errors loading your campaign as result of unit name errors please see this post.
Name Issues with units

The change log below lists all the changes in this release from the previous stable.

CHANGE LOGS AND DOWNLOAD LINKS

Megamek.
Download Here
Code: [Select]
Data New Sprites.
MekHQ Issue #1256 - Several XTRO mechs labeled 'Unofficial'
Issue #1439 - mechset.txt typo

MegaMekLab.
Download Here
No Changes since last Release Candidate 
MekHQ:
Download Here
Issue 1249: Tech Names Missing in Event Log
Enjoy everyone.
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Rince Wind

• Sergeant
Thank you for all the hard work!

BlueThing

• Sergeant
Thanks to everyone on the team for all of the work that has gone into this.

From where I sit, this has been a nearly bug free set of RCs.  I only encountered the map edge bug, and it got fixed rapidly.   :thumbsup:

neoancient

• Warrant Officer
  • MegaMek team member
Thanks to everyone on the team for all of the work that has gone into this.

From where I sit, this has been a nearly bug free set of RCs.  I only encountered the map edge bug, and it got fixed rapidly.   :thumbsup:

The goal for stable releases is to be free of game-breaking bugs. There are still many known bugs that haven't been fixed for this stable release, but we have to balance getting the worst bugs fixed with actually putting out a release.

Walrus Gumboot

• Master Sergeant
Thank you very much for this.

Kailan Eidyia

• Recruit
I'm SUPER interested to hear more about this semi-canon universe thing, is there somewhere I can go to read more about what you have planned?

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Amazing work guys!

Hammer

• Numerorum Malleo
  • Global Moderator
  • Major
    • MegaMek Website
I'm SUPER interested to hear more about this semi-canon universe thing, is there somewhere I can go to read more about what you have planned?

First change planned is to get away from systems being one planet places. So we are working on creating systems and all the planets and stuff in them.

We've started generating systems data for every canon system with no data. Their are some flaws in the Campaign Ops system so we've worked with Cray to better balance the generation.

As part of this we are using the data from SUCS to determine when planets are colonized or disappear. 

With all of this data it has allowed us to to extrapolate the Socio-Industrial Levels for the worlds and generate ratings going forward and back from 2750, our chosen starting point.

Generated Industry Ratings 3047

Agriculture Ratings over Time

Population Projections to 3100

We have a document(that we can't/won't share at this time) with 30 odd pages of this stuff.

Once all this data is generated and we feel it's balanced and fits the universe we'll be updating each planet to get an entry like this.

<planet primary="TRUE" source="canon">
      <name source="canon">Hurik</name>
      <type>Terrestrial</type>
      <orbitalDist>0.56</orbitalDist>
      <sysPos>2</sysPos>
      <pressure>Normal</pressure>
      <atmosphere>Breathable</atmosphere>
      <composition>Nitrogen and Oxygen, plus trace gases</composition>
      <gravity>1.02</gravity>
      <temperature>27</temperature>
      <water>51</water>
      <life>Reptiles</life>
      <dayLength>20</dayLength>
      <yearLength>1</yearLength>
      <diameter>10500</diameter>
      <density>6.8337</density>
      <landMass>Bloomington</landMass>
      <landMass>Smith</landMass>
      <landMass>Township of Wabana</landMass>
      <landMass>Webster City (Indianapolis)</landMass>
      <landMass>Smith</landMass>

Currently we are working out how to generate names for land masses, that would match the ethnic make up of the world based on the world name and house.

We are about 1/2 half done the project and we would anticipate having the semi-canon universe complete early next year.

For those reading this and starting to say "But that's not canon, I don't want this, never in my game, you guys suck."  There will be a option to switch to the plain old pure canon universe as it is in MekHQ today.

Update Sept 10/2019 - It's looking more like we won't be able to have the ability to switch, so we are looking into ways to tag data as "canon" or "non-canon" with a source.

Final note - the developer working on this is an Associate Professor of Sociology (who studies race, demography, inequality, and religion) and a team of people who are self professed experts in the BT universe.
« Last Edit: 10 September 2019, 12:44:03 by Hammer »
MegaMek Projects Wiki
Bug Trackers
MegaMek Tracker
MekHQ Tracker
MegaMekLab Tracker
New Units and RAT's aren't added until after the 2 month release moratorium is passed.
Join the official MegaMek Discord

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist

:clap: :clap:

I did not expect all that, thanks for all your work.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Kailan Eidyia

• Recruit
 :D That sounds AMAZING! Looking forward to it!

Sir Chaos

• Captain
  • Artillery Fanboy
I am eagerly looking forward to seeing that.
"Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl."
-Frederick the Great

"Ultima Ratio Regis" ("The Last Resort of the King")
- Inscription on cannon barrel, 18th century

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
Thank you all very much!!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drool: :drool:
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

MoleMan

• Master Sergeant
Wowzers that sounds immense!

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
Thanks again for all of the hard work. It's been a while since I last played, so I'm looking forward to Princess doing me even more damage now!

(Also, may get back to fettling some more boards before the next release.)
« Last Edit: 28 August 2019, 13:34:36 by Simon Landmine »
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
Hmmmm....I would LOVE to get my hands on this System Data Creation Rules....
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Taharqa

• Warrant Officer
  • Look out, there is a monkey on your back!
Hmmmm....I would LOVE to get my hands on this System Data Creation Rules....

The project is here. The documentation is a work in progress. Look at the PDF files in the reports directory for more details.
MegaMek Dev and Bug Creator

The Flaming Devil Monkeys - The adventures of a band of misfit gladiators turned mercenary mechwarriors during the Word of Blake Jihad.
The Free Company of Oriente - No longer bound by the politics of the great houses, the Free Company of Oriente seeks its fate and fortune among the stars.
Ronin Cat Avengers - Fleeing the destruction of their Clan across an Inner Sphere at war, the Ronin Cat Avengers seek a new home ... and vengeance.

Make your own campaign website with the MekHQ Blog

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
Wow, MegaHQ and it's sister applications is becoming it's own universe!  Thank you guys keeping this baby going after so many years.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
Thank you all very much!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
... [DELETED AS IN WRONG PLACE] ...

Sorry!
« Last Edit: 21 October 2019, 13:09:00 by Simon Landmine »
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."