Author Topic: MWO - Redeem STAY_SAFE_2020 for free Quarantine hero mech and 14 days of premium  (Read 3111 times)

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt

https://mwomercs.com/news/2020/03/2396-free-hero-mech-bay-14-days-premium-time

Enter STAY_SAFE_2020 here - https://mwomercs.com/profile/redeem

Premium time starts immediately, not banked, and offer runs until April 31st 11:59 PDT - May 1st 6:59 UTC

Luciora

• Major
They could have chosen a less tacky way to keep people interested.  Eh, i suppose bottom of the barrel is all they have left.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
It's actually a pretty solid Hero with a lot of versatility. If you're going to give away a free hero, it's not a bad choice.
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
It's a five year old 'Mech, just coincidental naming/visual pattern.

Amazes me how many I am seeing which indicates that among the surviving player base not that many people buy Heroes...

Red Pins

• Major
  • Inspiration+Creativity=Insanity
It sucks.

Lose a side torso, lose a game.  The name is the only thing going for it in the real world.  I'll grind it if I have time, but there aren't any I want to buy with my 1,700,000 Cbills let alone MC.
...Visit the Legacy Cluster...
The New Clans:Volume One
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Work-in-progress; The Blake Threat File
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!
TRO: 3176 Hegemony Refits - the 30-day wonder

Frabby

• Major
Heh, in any case current real life circumstances should give MWO a resurge, and I wish them the best of luck, staying afloat for some more time at least. The free incentive surely doesn't hurt.
I'm not playing myself for lack of a suitable machine, but I do feel the MWO game massively helped in promoting our beloved BT universe and paved the way for HBS and CGL to kick into high gear. Not to mention PGI leading the charge in the good fight against our favorite IP friends.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
Not to mention PGI leading the charge in the good fight against our favorite IP friends.

/Sigh. Why do people continually claim that this is something to be lauded?

Seriously, they defended their only source of income, in a case where they were listed as the primary respondent! There was nothing altruistic there, the only options they had were to either defend the case or fold and pay damages to HG!

They could have chosen a less tacky way to keep people interested.  Eh, i suppose bottom of the barrel is all they have left.

I personally like this decision, I  don't it tacky, the name matches well with why people will be playing, and it's a little inside joke. On the whole though, they've given people something to help stave off boredom which is vital in the current environment.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
/Sigh. Why do people continually claim that this is something to be lauded?

Seriously, they defended their only source of income, in a case where they were listed as the primary respondent! There was nothing altruistic there, the only options they had were to either defend the case or fold and pay damages to HG!

Maybe because they appear to have included CGL's interests in the settlement, and not just themselves. That wasn't required in the slightest considering how separate the halves of the IP are.

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
Amazes me how many I am seeing which indicates that among the surviving player base not that many people buy Heroes...

I basically haven't played for a year. What is the population/traffic level looking like? Are we at the point where two people of completely different tiers would likely end up in the same match?
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Red Pins

• Major
Hmm - maybe.  I've seen Tumbleweed a couple times - I thought he was at least one level above me.

And grinding this thing SUCKS - they are literally shooting out the right torso, then farming me.  On the plus side, my other wolverine is working well...
Clan Devil Wasp * Clan Carnoraptor * Clan Frost Ape * Clan Surf Dragon * Clan Tundra Leopard
Now with MORE GROGNARD!  ...I think I'm done.  I've played long enough to earn a pension, fer cryin' out loud!  IlClan and out in <REDACTED>!

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
Maybe because they appear to have included CGL's interests in the settlement, and not just themselves. That wasn't required in the slightest considering how separate the halves of the IP are.

Key word is "appear". While there is something to that, it's not enough for me to consider them having taken up the good fight. That is nothing more than collateral benefit IMO.

Marveryn

• Lieutenant
Hmm - maybe.  I've seen Tumbleweed a couple times - I thought he was at least one level above me.

And grinding this thing SUCKS - they are literally shooting out the right torso, then farming me.  On the plus side, my other wolverine is working well...

no clue what level tumbleweed giving that will at time play a PB locust that has no weapons except 2 arties that he plays at time.  He drop so often am sure he should be higher but at time he has a tough time handling when player don't listen to him.  plus for whatever reason he never seem to have game when he does high damage.  So he no baradul or those guys

Nightlord01

• Lieutenant
no clue what level tumbleweed giving that will at time play a PB locust that has no weapons except 2 arties that he plays at time.  He drop so often am sure he should be higher but at time he has a tough time handling when player don't listen to him.  plus for whatever reason he never seem to have game when he does high damage.  So he no baradul or those guys

I've never watched Tumbleweed, the only streamer I really ever watch is Baradul, he's very entertaining.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
  • How can a bird be sultry? Very carefully.

Maybe because you're using it at a time where literally everyone knows what the Quarantine's got. Or aren't shielding properly. Or both.

Red Pins

• Major
Maybe because you're using it at a time where literally everyone knows what the Quarantine's got. Or aren't shielding properly. Or both.

Not shielding enough, and playing it like a much faster Medium, I think.  I think I'm going to roll dice and pick a random one to buy and grind.  I wish I had bought the extra RAM for BFG2, the campaigns look interesting.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I have hop on and try it out.  I just play for community and fun of it.

Maybe MW5 in the long run will revive it, i can only help they will reinvest into the game.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Cyc

• Captain
    • CycKath at DeviantArt
Maybe because you're using it at a time where literally everyone knows what the Quarantine's got.

Good thing there isn't an event about to start that will only amplify that...

Actually just another generalised do damage with each weight bracket event just with medium replaced with exclusively Quarantine.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
Maybe MW5 in the long run will revive it, i can only help they will reinvest into the game.
If they don't scrap MWO for MW5;S7 in the future, I'll eat a simulacrum of my hat made out of chicken strips.

I need the hat.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
I found the quarantine mech not much to write home about. I do like Wolverines, but like any virgin mech, especially semi-slow medium. It's going get toast fairly quickly. Its stock version is shortage guy, 3xMedium Lasers, 2x SRM6s and standard single AC/5. It has mobility and Jump Jets.  Free is still free, but this thing pretty toast in a fight as stock mech.

I've gotten it, just warn everyone you need to use a redeeming code in order for this be downloaded.   
I've added a RAC/5 see if it improves its hurt capacity.  Hoping enough skills to help this thing.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

Caedis Animus

• Captain
I found the quarantine mech not much to write home about. I do like Wolverines, but like any virgin mech, especially semi-slow medium. It's going get toast fairly quickly. Its stock version is shortage guy, 3xMedium Lasers, 2x SRM6s and standard single AC/5. It has mobility and Jump Jets.  Free is still free, but this thing pretty toast in a fight as stock mech.

I've gotten it, just warn everyone you need to use a redeeming code in order for this be downloaded.   
I've added a RAC/5 see if it improves its hurt capacity.  Hoping enough skills to help this thing.
I would figure anything that increases your facetime would be a poor idea for this thing. An LB-10X+SNPPC plus SRM12A is what I'd suggest-but the modern 'meta' wasn't very kind to the Quarantine back when I still played, so I can't imagine it got better since then.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
My main Wolverine has pair ERLLs a MRM30 and mpls. Which appears to better than the stock quarantine mech.

Caedis Animus

• Captain
Speaking of playing-it's somewhat funny to me that the only mech I can reliably get kills in right now is my Urbanmech. Corsair? Nah. Hellbringer? Nah. Urbie? Yep.