Author Topic: question about triple-strength myomer implants  (Read 938 times)

Slack

• Recruit
question about triple-strength myomer implants
« on: 01 November 2022, 09:42:03 »
(Hope, I`m writting in the appropriate forum section.)
Can anyone explain how this TSM-implant works in the human body? Ok, we replace the muscles with the miomer fibres. Than we connect then to the motor neurons. High electrical resistance force the brain to send more powerful electrical impulses to activate this artificial muscles. That`s why person will suffer chronic headaches. That`s allright. The question is where and how do miomers take enough energy for the moving activity? Obviously human brain can`t give enough amount of electricity for it. Are TSM-implants (somehow) use the body glucose and adenosine three phosphate or some energy cells are included?

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
Re: question about triple-strength myomer implants
« Reply #1 on: 01 November 2022, 10:36:12 »
There's a degree of handwavium at play, as with any sci-fi concept, but given that full-size power packs can be added, it's not beyond the imagination that a very small power supply may be installed to supplement the usual biological power supply. It could also be that implanted TSM is optimized for efficiency in an overall low-power environment.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #2 on: 01 November 2022, 17:40:49 »
Myomer is magic... that's really all there is to it.  8)

ShroudedSciuridae

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 02 November 2022, 09:34:13 »
Myomer takes fusion plant level energy to lift multi-ton limbs, but a lightbulb's worth of power can chuck a half empty water heater through a door and a chubby Precentor (Lost Destiny Ch 11).  That same scene also gives us a little more detail on medical myomer, "[t]he myomer [used] in surgery is manufactured differently and has to be layered in with real muscle tissue to be useful. In surgery the stuff is used more like rubber bands." I would imagine a power source is implanted at this time, with the battery lasting for years at a time similar to a contemporary pacemaker battery, and replaced just as easily.  Easier, in the case of removable limbs I'd imagine.
"Assassinating" the Clan commander's goldfish is hardly the stuff of legend.