Author Topic: Moloch Heavy Tank  (Read 7185 times)

Psyckosama

• Warrant Officer
Moloch Heavy Tank
« on: 10 February 2011, 05:16:08 »

Tank I posted here for the Art Boys...

Now I just have to fluff it out... any ideas for creative background?

http://www.classicbattletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,1474.0.html
« Last Edit: 10 February 2011, 05:20:36 by Psyckosama »

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
Re: Moloch Heavy Tank
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2011, 07:39:09 »
The main gun seems to be 'inspired' by the 75-mm-KwK 42 L/70 of the Panzerkampfwagen V Panther.  ;D

Psyckosama

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2011, 15:16:44 »
The main gun seems to be 'inspired' by the 75-mm-KwK 42 L/70 of the Panzerkampfwagen V Panther.  ;D

Really?

Heh. First I get told the hull looks like a T-34, now this...  ;D

Personally, I can't see it...

boilerman

• Lieutenant
  • Spinning wrenches since 1968.
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2011, 16:05:05 »
Nice piece of work.  I wouldn't call it a heavy tank though.  I'd fluff it as a cheap, medium tank for a militia.
Avatar by Wombat. Thanks Wombat!

ABADDON

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 10 February 2011, 16:24:22 »
Really?

Heh. First I get told the hull looks like a T-34, now this...  ;D

Personally, I can't see it...

Now that you mention it... not so much the positioning of the turret, but considering the tracks and their cover... jup, definitely a 31st century adaptation of a Panther/T-34 hybrid.  ;)
« Last Edit: 10 February 2011, 16:26:34 by ABADDON »

Psyckosama

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 10 February 2011, 18:21:14 »
Nice piece of work.  I wouldn't call it a heavy tank though.  I'd fluff it as a cheap, medium tank for a militia.

It's a 60 tonner so technically it's a heavy, if only just.

Now that you mention it... not so much the positioning of the turret, but considering the tracks and their cover... jup, definitely a 31st century adaptation of a Panther/T-34 hybrid.  ;)

Completely unintentional... but still awesome.

Demon55

• Captain
  • Planning wisely.
« Reply #6 on: 10 February 2011, 20:09:41 »
Looks good.

FedSunsBorn

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2011, 17:46:01 »

Yeah....it does look like that but I was going to go with the 75mm cannon on the M18 Hellcat tank destroyer.

Anyway, back to BT.  :)

Well, since its a Militia tank, maybe say it started out as a rebuilt tank salvaged from other half destroyed tanks. Techs on some planet get to tinkering with some old cast off tank chassis and left over weapons. Seeing the need for a cheap and multi-role design, the techs combined the best assets of the tanks that they knew of.

The Vedette's main gun, the Bulldog's SRM's and mg's and the LRM ranks from a couple of Rommel/Pattons that were past their prime. This tank then had to fight during yet another surprise pirate raid and proved itself quite useful. Of course, this got the brass involved and after sending the basic design specs out, this more standerdized design came into being with the Original version now sitting in a museum for the masses to look at.

Made by HikageMaru