Author Topic: Star Dagger introduction date?  (Read 1628 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Star Dagger introduction date?
« on: 09 March 2022, 17:13:46 »
The fluff for the S-2 Star Dagger in XTRO Retrotech makes it clear that it was an early Terran design, possibly even one of the first Aerofighters in regular service. It also doesn't outright say but suggests that this specific version is a copy of the original, as it was "put back into production".

The Star Dagger mentioned in Field Report Kurita 2765 also seems to support that the version in retrotech is the original model, with the introtech version listed there being designated the S-2B rather than the S-2.

However, the version we get in retrotech is listed on the MUL as being introduced in 3077.

Just to be clear, is the S-2 Star Dagger the original Terran version? And if so, should its intro date in the MUL be changed to reflect it's original date of introduction?
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

GreekFire

• Aeternus Ignis
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
Re: Star Dagger introduction date?
« Reply #1 on: 19 March 2023, 14:01:04 »
Tu habites au Québec? Tu veux jouer au BattleTech? Envoie-moi un message!

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Re: Star Dagger introduction date?
« Reply #2 on: 19 March 2023, 18:24:42 »
sweet!
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!