Author Topic: (Answered) Aerospace Rules Clarifications  (Read 1540 times)

brycesahagun

• Recruit
(Answered) Aerospace Rules Clarifications
« on: 23 September 2017, 17:34:48 »
I am using Total Warfare rules on hex mapsheets, and a separate low altitude map for conventional aerospace units. I'm not interested in high altitude or space.
Playing with fighters over the mech action is an absolute thrill, but some rule confusion is hampering the experience. I have six questions!
1) Can you change altitude at any point during movement?
2)When must you nominate the fighter's attack path?
NOTE: From what I gathered, a bad situation can occur: Ground units targeting the aerospace unit during the attack declaration phase may have no idea what the range is, because the player controlling the aerospace unit nominates the attack path when the aerospace unit's attacks are declared. If the player controlling the aerospace unit waits until all of the enemy units have declared attacks first, then he/she may simply nominate a path completely out of harm's way, leaving the enemies who targeted the aerospace unit with a useless declaration. This problem only really applies when using a separate low altitude map, since any time an aerospace unit ends a turn on a hex representing a ground mapsheet, it may target any ground units on that mapsheet, and conversely all ground units on that mapsheet have line of sight to that aerospace unit.
3) Does bombing count as a "weapon attack" for the purposes of an FCS critical hit?
4) Do evasive maneuvers add to-hit modifiers for GROUND units attacking evading aerospace units?
5) Can a special maneuver and velocity change both be done at the beginning of a turn? If so, can the velocity change be completed first?
6) Must you notate which wing an external weapon is located on for purposes of critical hits on the "wing/bomb" slot?
Thanks a lot, happy battling all! :D
« Last Edit: 02 November 2017, 12:43:41 by Xotl »

brycesahagun

• Recruit
Re: Aerospace Rules Clarifications, I humbly request!
« Reply #1 on: 23 September 2017, 18:01:27 »
So I'm a huge rookie and did not read the post guidelines. Sorry about that.

Even one of the questions being answered would be a huge help to me.

Here are Page No. References for each question.

1) p. 84
2) p. 243
3) p. 240
4) p. 77
5) pgs. 76, 84
6) pg. 239

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Aerospace Rules Clarifications, I humbly request!
« Reply #2 on: 02 November 2017, 12:43:32 »
1: Yes.

2: At the time of the fighter's movement, as soon as it is revealed that the fighter is ending over a ground map.

3: Yes.

4: Yes.

5: Sure

6: No.

Thanks for your patience.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0