Author Topic: NEW RELEASE: Mini-PDFs for Winter 2018/2019  (Read 41091 times)

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
Re: NEW RELEASE: Mini-PDFs for Winter 2018/2019
« Reply #60 on: 04 January 2019, 15:02:36 »
Cubby...any idea when Spotlight On: Nakayama’s Blood is going to be released?

It'll be out on Friday, Jan. 25.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #61 on: 04 January 2019, 15:58:55 »
Now Available - Touring the Stars: Sherwood!

"Founded with ecological sustainability in mind, the colonization of Sherwood seemed like a failure as soon as it began. But thanks to the strict control of a strong central government and a well-educated population, Sherwood pushed through the privations of the Star League era and became the 'Green Gem' of the Outback."

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/touring-the-stars-sherwood

(NOTE: Spotlight On: Nakayama's Blood will be published on Friday, January 25. We apologize for the delay.)

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #62 on: 04 January 2019, 21:47:14 »
An apology with a release I like it

Happy New Year Cubby and all Catalyst Staff great stuff last year looking forwards to more this year
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #63 on: 05 January 2019, 01:11:32 »
Does this push back any of the rest of the schedule or just that one?
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #64 on: 05 January 2019, 03:32:10 »
Nice job on Sherwood.  I like the way you integrated the SL era through to the post-Jihad.
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #65 on: 05 January 2019, 08:47:34 »
Sherwood has really interesting fluff to it, i like how creative it was stringing notable things from the past to current timeline.  This certainly be interesting ATOW / Mercenary campaign missions to undertake. Juggling very odd government while fighting pirates and such.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #66 on: 05 January 2019, 11:11:11 »

Thanks Cubby
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #67 on: 07 January 2019, 19:20:27 »
Sherwood has really interesting fluff to it, i like how creative it was stringing notable things from the past to current timeline.  This certainly be interesting ATOW / Mercenary campaign missions to undertake. Juggling very odd government while fighting pirates and such.

Yeah I agree cool little story gives me a couple of ideas how to use it
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

The Wayfarer

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: 09 January 2019, 13:03:13 »
All,

For anyone who previously or recently purchased Spotlight On:  Unending Faith, has it been updated with the Alpha Strike cards?  I’m withholding purchasing it until it is complete.  Thanks in advance.

Mike
Revelations 6:8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #69 on: 19 January 2019, 14:09:46 »
Now Available Spotlight On: Crimson Seeker Star!!

"In the right place, a few small rocks can change the course of a river. The Seekers of Clan Goliath Scorpion and the Escorpion Imperio have long sought out relics of the past which they believe will steer their course. But relics are not the only rocks: one small unit and its warriors changed the path of the Clan and the Imperio. The saKhan of fifty years who formed them. The Star Colonel who returned to guide them in their darkest hour. The survivors who escaped the Reavings to claim a new home. Those who continue to use the relics of the past to guide the future. Come discover the small rocks of the Crimson Seeker Star, who changed the course of the Seekers, the Goliath Scorpions, the Escorpion Imperio and many more. Spotlight On: Crimson Seeker Star includes a Unit History, Personalities, Personnel Rosters, Mission Tracks, and data for use with all scales of BattleTech play."

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-spotlight-on-crimson-seeker-star
« Last Edit: 19 January 2019, 14:16:02 by Bosefius »
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #70 on: 20 January 2019, 12:58:33 »
Interesting book!

Nice get little more info on Scorpions, and how their rocking the Deep Periphery.

I love how Nerro get included in the book!  Yay Unique Record Sheets book unit living on.
I'm surpised the original Crimson Seeker Star didn't show back up after the Reaving, says "Hey, were back. We got alot goodies!"
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants

pat_hdx

• Sergeant
« Reply #71 on: 20 January 2019, 20:38:52 »
Crimson Seeker Star was a product I was looking forward to, and it delivers.

Many thanks to Joshua C. Perian, Ray Arrastia, Elliotte C. Want III, and Philip A. Lee for the heavy lifting, and of course line developer Brent Evans. Also, to Ben Rome for creating a lot of the nuggets to build up from in WoR.

Was nice to see the build off from Philip A. Lee's previous short story, which is a really nice bit of BT exoticism and I feel is rich in ideas for people to build their own adventures from. 

Some real nice role playing hooks sprinkled through out the book.

At the same time I picked up Spotlight on Unending Faith. Really liked it to. There happened to be a paragraph on the activities of Comstar veterans after the Jihad that gelled really well with a short story idea I had...let's just say it felt to me like the way the unit's rebirth is handled makes a lot of sense.

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #72 on: 22 January 2019, 16:23:50 »
Now Available - Touring the Stars: Sherwood!

"Founded with ecological sustainability in mind, the colonization of Sherwood seemed like a failure as soon as it began. But thanks to the strict control of a strong central government and a well-educated population, Sherwood pushed through the privations of the Star League era and became the 'Green Gem' of the Outback."

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/touring-the-stars-sherwood

(NOTE: Spotlight On: Nakayama's Blood will be published on Friday, January 25. We apologize for the delay.)

Touring the Stars: Sherwood and Spotlight On: Crimson Seeker Star do not show up when I browse the BattleTech section of the CGL store. (Click "Shop BattleTech" on the CGL store main page.) In order to find them, you have to know what you're looking for and either click your above links or do a search.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2019, 16:26:06 by Cache »

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #73 on: 22 January 2019, 21:25:05 »
Touring the Stars: Sherwood and Spotlight On: Crimson Seeker Star do not show up when I browse the BattleTech section of the CGL store. (Click "Shop BattleTech" on the CGL store main page.) In order to find them, you have to know what you're looking for and either click your above links or do a search.
They do pop up sometimes.  There seems to be an odd error on the store that if you say choose Battletech as your universe, instead of getting a screen that looks like the one you posted, with the toolbar on the left that allows you to refine searches, you get a screen with just the products showing.  And even odder, it runs in order of most recent to oldest.  I don't know why that happens, but I've seen in it multiple times now.  That's the only time I see the newest stuff pop up.  Otherwise you are absolutely correct and you have to search for the specific title.  Confused the heck out of me when I went looking for the newest copy of Total Warfare when it came out. :-\
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Kid in the puddle eating mud of CGL contributors
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #74 on: 22 January 2019, 21:58:58 »
they're showing up now when you choose shop battletech. i'm guessing the BT tags didn't get applied. the product organization has been kind of a mess since the migration.

on a slightly infuriating note, the boxes have been added to the new products feed on the front page, but when you go to the page and click on the store link, you get an Oops, not here error. why must you torment us so?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #75 on: 22 January 2019, 22:19:33 »
why must you torment us so?

Because there are a LOT of moving parts with this, and that's one we could put into place now and not be wrangling tomorrow.

(But I get it. So close, yet so far.)

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #76 on: 22 January 2019, 23:57:55 »
You can browse BattleTech by clicking the Thunderbolt, or clicking, or by clicking "Universe" at the top right, then choosing BattleTech. Or you can click BattleTech under the "Shop your Universe" bar.

Those should get you the same results. However, the first path comes up with a totally different result that excludes a bunch of BT items. No idea what's going on with that, or what criteria it uses. But all the Touring the Stars are built with the same template and tags, so I've no idea why some aren't showing up with the first method.
« Last Edit: 22 January 2019, 23:59:59 by Adrian Gideon »
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #77 on: 23 January 2019, 09:42:04 »
Man, that's odd. As much as I've visited the CGL store, I've never seen that issue until now. Clicking the "Shop BattleTech" button brings up those two I couldn't see before. I guess I don't normally click on the Thunderbolt.  xp

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #78 on: 23 January 2019, 10:09:32 »
Update: using my phone, *all* methods lead to the “bad” results. No idea what’s up with that. I’ll kick it upstairs.
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Eisenwolf

• Sergeant
  • Martius Lupus
« Reply #79 on: 26 January 2019, 09:11:19 »
So, Jan. 25th passed by and no Spotlight On: Nakayama’s Blood.

Any info when it will be available?

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #80 on: 28 January 2019, 16:23:56 »

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #81 on: 29 January 2019, 07:55:48 »
I guess it wasn't ready to be released by editors or something.  I'm just going wait hope for the best.  I got my physical copy of Shattered Fortress.  So i got something to re-read again.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #82 on: 29 January 2019, 08:07:43 »

No ETA currently, this seemed to be a human error, not technical error. As soon as we have more information will let you know.
Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #83 on: 01 February 2019, 15:02:08 »
Now Available - Spotlight On: Nakayama's Blood and Touring the Stars: Herotitus!

Spotlight On: Nakayama's Blood

"When Federated Suns forces stormed into the Draconis Combine during the FedCom Civil War, proud samurai Chu-sa Harold Nakayama and the Forty-Sixth Dieron Regulars deployed to Ashio to repel the invaders. Disaster struck when an all-but-unknown mercenary command slaughtered Nakayama’s troops, humiliating him. Nakayama swore an oath to exterminate mercenaries wherever they tainted Combine soil, and gathered around him an independent company whose BattleMechs were anointed by the blood of their MechWarriors in an oath to seek out and destroy mercenary scum. The Jihad provided Nakayama’s Blood with rich hunting grounds and the opportunity to strike fear into the hearts of mercenaries operating anywhere near Combine territory."

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-spotlight-on-nakayamas-blood

Touring the Stars: Herotitus

"From oppressive occupation by pirates to religious domination by various sects, Herotitus knows what it means to suffer. New hope for the future is growing, thanks to the stability and protection from the resource-rich world’s deadly, unique native wildlife offered by the narrowed eye of the Fronc Reaches and their Colonial Marshals. But criminal elements remain in hiding, desperate to return to power, threatening the precarious peace."

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-touring-the-stars-herotitus

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #84 on: 02 February 2019, 16:50:23 »
Someone please remind me which Battlecorps story detailed the battle between Goliath Scorpion Seekers as mentioned in Crimson Seeker Star.

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: 02 February 2019, 17:32:02 »
Fragments of History by Philip A. Lee

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #86 on: 02 February 2019, 18:01:20 »
Thank you. :thumbsup:
I remember reading it, but I can't find it on my computer. :ticked:

DarkLloyd

• Corporal
  • "Never Say Die!"
« Reply #87 on: 08 March 2019, 14:09:14 »
Any news on that Arugain Reach PDF? It was announced for March. Just wondering if it was still on the horizon or not.
Col. Adrian Rattliff C.O.  The Ratt Frags - Allied Mercenary Command

The Ratt Fragg's motto for the Jihad: "Nemo Me Impune Lacessita” - No One Attacks Me With Impunity
"I don't know who you people are. But I bet I know how much that Mechs' gonna be worth in salvage."
"A lot of people hate the Clans, me, I don't mind them. I just think of them as a "Renewable" resource...... "

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #88 on: 08 March 2019, 14:14:11 »
We had a update moving it into April, but not the 1st.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

trboturtle

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Erraturi te salutant!
« Reply #89 on: 08 March 2019, 17:16:00 »
We had a update moving it into April, but not the 1st.

https://bg.battletech.com/news/new-turning-points-release-dates-house-arano-update/ -- according to that, the House House Arano: The Aurigan Coalition will be out April 26.

Craig
Author of 32 Battletech short stories including "The Lance Killer," "Hikagemono," "Negotiation," "The Clawing," "Salvage," "The Promise," "Reap What You Sow," "Family Ties," "The Blood of Man," "End of Message," "Heroes' Bridge," "Kurodenkou," "Thirteen," "My Father's Sword," "Evacuation," "Operation Red Lion," "A Matter of Honor," "State of Grace," "Operation Blue Tiger," "A Warrior's Fear," "Shadow Angels," "Murphy's Method," "End of the Road," (IAMTW 2019 Scribe Award nominee!), "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Blind Arrogance," "Laws Are Silent," "No Tears," "Tales of the Cracked Canopy: Shadows of the Past," and "Three White Roses."
Novels -- Icons of War, Elements of Treason series, "Vengence Games." Upcoming: "In the Shadow of Dragons" and "Poisoned Honor" (WoR #1)

My Blogs!
Battletech:  http://thebattletechstate.blogspot.com/
Other writings: http://trboturtleswritings.blogspot.com/

Register