Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XIII: Unlucky Release Edition  (Read 205675 times)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XIII: Unlucky Release Edition
« Reply #1410 on: 28 January 2019, 14:55:20 »
All new.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1411 on: 28 January 2019, 15:34:14 »
Its new, its one they teased when they announced the restart of the fiction.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

bpardoe870

• Warrant Officer
    • Website of Blaine Pardoe
« Reply #1412 on: 28 January 2019, 18:59:56 »
New book.  Very new. 

Blaine "Buck" Pardoe
Author

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #1413 on: 28 January 2019, 19:44:39 »
New book.  Very new. 

Blaine "Buck" Pardoe
Very clear, will buy.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

bpardoe870

• Warrant Officer
    • Website of Blaine Pardoe
« Reply #1414 on: 28 January 2019, 20:31:21 »
The best way to get more BattleTech fiction is the buy BattleTech fiction. 

35 years.  Damn - I feel old. 

Blaine "Buck" Pardoe
Author

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #1415 on: 28 January 2019, 21:20:18 »
So glad for PoD options. It's just good to have paperbacks on a shelf with the clean new logo. Give me more books, I buy. I put on shelf. Good boy Bedwyr.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1416 on: 28 January 2019, 22:20:39 »
i've never really adjusted to e-readers for fiction - sourcebooks, yes because of the invaluable search feature. but for novels i'm glad we're moving toward PoD now

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #1417 on: 29 January 2019, 00:34:38 »
So glad for PoD options. It's just good to have paperbacks on a shelf with the clean new logo. Give me more books, I buy. I put on shelf. Good boy Bedwyr.

This!

I enjoy the portability of having thousands of books at my fingertips for long trips away from my library.

But nothing beats that new book smell, the look on my shelf, or the complete collection just sitting there from across generations of authors, settings, and characters.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1418 on: 29 January 2019, 07:45:21 »
I'm getting that book as soon it's PoD-able.  I hope its keeps going.  I just hope it's softback, i prefer the fast-media, but i've not seen anything that small in print for Battletech in a while.   Forever Faithful sounds like after reading Mr. Pardoe posted, to be awesome book. I think they should have tweeked everyone's nose by putting "Twilight of the Clans" Book 9 on the thing.  ;D   Series last entry was March 1999, 20 years ago!
« Last Edit: 29 January 2019, 16:50:08 by Wrangler »
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1419 on: 29 January 2019, 10:21:52 »
Wasn't Falcon Rising released in 1999?

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1420 on: 29 January 2019, 16:49:44 »
Wasn't Falcon Rising released in 1999?
It was, had serious typo.  xp
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #1421 on: 30 January 2019, 19:30:50 »
Passing along this message, which I just posted on the CGL and BT social media platforms:

To Our Customers,

Catalyst Game Labs management is aware that copies of the BattleTech Beginner Box are running critically low both among our retail partners and on the company’s web store. Expecting this unprecedented demand, we have already taken aggressive action to restock this product.

A full reprint of the Beginner Box, of the same size as the initial order, has been completed overseas and is awaiting shipment during the first week of February.

In addition, the popularity of the BattleTech and Shadowrun anniversary apparel has caused many sizes of both the t-shirt and hoodie for both lines to sell out. A robust re-order has been placed, and all sizes of these items should be back in stock in the next few weeks.

We will follow-up with more details as they become available. Thank you for your patience.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1422 on: 30 January 2019, 19:40:29 »
But the people who already placed orders will get their product eventually, yes?

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1423 on: 30 January 2019, 19:47:12 »
But the people who already placed orders will get their product eventually, yes?
I'd assume orders will be filled in the order they came in.

If it is selling fast and well, that means i'll be making a trip to the LGS on Saturday and probably buy the boxes, never know if there's demand here as well (assuming their presumed date holds true)

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #1424 on: 30 January 2019, 20:19:36 »

Orders through the web store, yes. Neither box is out of stock *yet*.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1425 on: 30 January 2019, 21:12:28 »
Orders through the web store, yes. Neither box is out of stock *yet*.

That’s where I ordered from. I assume the traffic is a *bit* higher than normal so the delay is not unexpected, but neither is my anxiety

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1426 on: 30 January 2019, 21:34:44 »
Passing along this message, which I just posted on the CGL and BT social media platforms:

Good problems
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1427 on: 30 January 2019, 23:35:48 »

Cubby,
I took CGL at their word that robust sales would result in continued production, but even so, I am genuinely impressed with the speed of this response.  :thumbsup:

MrKiasu

• Sergeant
« Reply #1428 on: 31 January 2019, 00:41:08 »
I got a notification of new updates on Total War and the Tech Manual. I'm guessing these are errata related? File sizes don't match the originals at any rate. I also noticed that Tactical Operations (in the same order) appeared to be updated as well (new file size) but no notification yet.

Additionally, on Total War, there were two downloads, which appear to be the same book, but one is 263MB and the other is 44MB (with no PDF table of contents). Is the intended difference just image quality or something else. Large one is named "E-CAT35001V_Total_Warfare_2019.pdf" and small one is "E-CAT35001V_Total_Warfare.pdf"

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1429 on: 31 January 2019, 00:47:51 »
looks like the store had an update and we no longer have access to our digital files?

edit: you can back-door it if you use the content link from the original email but that's not really cool.
« Last Edit: 31 January 2019, 00:51:56 by Sartris »

Geont

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1430 on: 31 January 2019, 06:13:12 »

Hopefully this means we can get our preordered boxes here (Czech Republic, Central Europe) soon. Our distributor (ADC Blackfire) still list them as preorders.  :(
Born in Czechoslovakia and living in Czechia (or Czech Republic).

Fan of FWL

Moonsword

• Acutus Gladius
  • Global Moderator
  • Colonel
  • You interrupted me reading TROs for this?
« Reply #1431 on: 31 January 2019, 08:32:15 »
looks like the store had an update and we no longer have access to our digital files?

edit: you can back-door it if you use the content link from the original email but that's not really cool.

I'd suggest starting by emailing here:
store@catalystgamelabs.com

They should have some sort of contact point to the people who do the IT side of the store, so they can escalate after they take a look at the situation.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1432 on: 31 January 2019, 09:35:42 »
i filled out the form at https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/pages/contact

i assume that goes to the store@ account

Joewrightgm

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1433 on: 01 February 2019, 13:09:30 »
So... when we getting City Tech with plastic marauder, warhammer, et al?

:)

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #1434 on: 01 February 2019, 15:02:31 »
Now Available - Spotlight On: Nakayama's Blood and Touring the Stars: Herotitus!

Spotlight On: Nakayama's Blood

"When Federated Suns forces stormed into the Draconis Combine during the FedCom Civil War, proud samurai Chu-sa Harold Nakayama and the Forty-Sixth Dieron Regulars deployed to Ashio to repel the invaders. Disaster struck when an all-but-unknown mercenary command slaughtered Nakayama’s troops, humiliating him. Nakayama swore an oath to exterminate mercenaries wherever they tainted Combine soil, and gathered around him an independent company whose BattleMechs were anointed by the blood of their MechWarriors in an oath to seek out and destroy mercenary scum. The Jihad provided Nakayama’s Blood with rich hunting grounds and the opportunity to strike fear into the hearts of mercenaries operating anywhere near Combine territory."

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-spotlight-on-nakayamas-blood

Touring the Stars: Herotitus

"From oppressive occupation by pirates to religious domination by various sects, Herotitus knows what it means to suffer. New hope for the future is growing, thanks to the stability and protection from the resource-rich world’s deadly, unique native wildlife offered by the narrowed eye of the Fronc Reaches and their Colonial Marshals. But criminal elements remain in hiding, desperate to return to power, threatening the precarious peace."

https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-touring-the-stars-herotitus

Discuss these new releases here!

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1435 on: 01 February 2019, 15:17:23 »
Herotitus!  Nice, a new hiring hall world TTS!
Colt Ward

Easy

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1436 on: 01 February 2019, 15:25:05 »
Crimson Seeker Star!!

Good work. I don't have the BattleCorps story they are supposed to be in, but I could see the Crimson Seeker Star making a feature appearance in a fan fic.

The unit composition of the later group is particularly interesting. I can see where the particular nature of their calling would make that optimal. Would be interesting to test it against a group of 'defenders'. :D
« Last Edit: 01 February 2019, 15:32:05 by Easy »

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1437 on: 01 February 2019, 15:38:06 »
so reading the AToW fauna section of Herotitus, i gather it's the australia of the inner sphere?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1438 on: 01 February 2019, 20:50:23 »
I'm getting sooo far behind on my TTS collection...

Empyrus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1439 on: 05 February 2019, 11:21:31 »
Is there a "map set" coming with product code 35150CAT ? Fantasywelt.de lists such thing.

Probably ordering the new box sets from there because my local store's system claims they have the boxes but i didn't see them anywhere in the actual store (and staff was occupied so i didn't ask), plus it is actually cheaper (about 12-13 euros) for me to order from Germany than buy directly here...