Author Topic: Solaris Melee Challenge questions and suggestions  (Read 9663 times)

Wraithcannon

• Master Sergeant
  • Oh boy, here I go killing again!
Re: Solaris Melee Challenge questions and suggestions
« Reply #30 on: 03 March 2023, 14:44:24 »
Power up counters for the storage tank prizes.
Whomever said violence isn't a solution obviously wasn't using enough.

Planning an operation against the Capellans? Hey, who wouldn't? - Sulla

Wraithcannon

• Master Sergeant
  • Oh boy, here I go killing again!
« Reply #31 on: 19 July 2023, 14:12:15 »
Just wanted to point out some things in 3.9 that are still off in case 4.0 hasn't been released yet.

Page 2. The faction abbreviations don't match the stable abbreviations. Example, it's called "CC" there and "L" in the stable list.
Page 19. Under Clan mechs, the "House affiliation Rewards" optional rule? Am I missing that somewhere?

Suggestions

Page 22. Secondary Targets reward. You get that even if both targets are immobile? Like a pair of turrets, or a turret and a Storage tank? I was thinking at least one of the targets needs to be mobile, like an opponent or one of the "Battlefield surprises" targets. Also, no prize money for melee or DFA attacks against a turret, opponents only.
Page 23. "Can't hit what you can't see" is really long and sometimes hard to write in the ledger of the record sheet. Could the name of that skill be changed to "Obscured"? Same with "Can't keep me down", how about "Steady Hand" instead?
Page 25. How about changing "I know what you are doing", to "Tactical Computer" since it's a mech modification and not a pilot thing?

Thanks!

P.S. This page is also a bit old:

https://bg.battletech.com/information/tournament-rules/solaris-melee-challenge/

And this one won't let you access the rules.

https://sites.google.com/view/catalystdemoteam/battletech/solaris-melee-challenge

« Last Edit: 19 July 2023, 14:35:17 by Wraithcannon »
Whomever said violence isn't a solution obviously wasn't using enough.

Planning an operation against the Capellans? Hey, who wouldn't? - Sulla

CranstonSnord

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
« Reply #32 on: 19 July 2023, 18:29:26 »
Fixed the abbreviations, thanks.

The House Affiliation Rewards was a thing back in 3.0, where new pilots got to pick a perk for declaring for a faction. Removed the reference from the Clan section.

The secondary target award is for all secondary targets, intentionally. If players start abusing that to harvest money, the GM should stop using static objects. I haven't received any reports of that happening, so it hasn't been addressed.

Locally, I abbreviate 'Can't Hit What You Can't See' as CHWYCS.

The positive quirk 'I Know What You Are Doing' was removed in 3.7.1, when its effect was folded into a stable perk.

The site links will be resolved hopefully shortly, when the new demo team site is up. In the meantime, here's my folder with current info https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1HXyVWRHqzRi4TQSK9womXcCP7RJzAAub?usp=drive_link

Thanks for the feedback!

Register