Author Topic: Atlanta, Georgia- Anything out there?  (Read 1862 times)

StoneRhino

• Captain
Atlanta, Georgia- Anything out there?
« on: 11 January 2018, 13:32:43 »
I was wondering if there was any game shops out there, any BT players perhaps, but I am expecting a "no, year ago though" answer so I am primarily  looking for things to do out there. I'll be out there in the near future for a few days but I have never been and would like to go in with a plan. What is Atlanta known for other then peaches?

Unfortunately, baseball season is months away otherwise I'd load up on games.  :o

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
Re: Atlanta, Georgia- Anything out there?
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2018, 13:33:33 »
There's the Coke Museum....
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

StoneRhino

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2018, 14:16:35 »
 [drool] I'll need all of the caffeine that I can get while I'm out there #P

Meow Liao

• Warrant Officer
  • The PPC Kitty
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2018, 15:07:24 »
Gigabytes gaming cafe in Marietta.  Whenever I've been down there for pathfinder Saturdays, they've had some guys playing Battletech. 

Meow Liao

Have some plum wine with that PPC.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2018, 15:16:59 »
Titan is also in that area. South side of Atl has Discover Games where I tend to shop.
http://www.discover-games.net/
http://www.titangamesandcomics.com/

Don't know if the place mentioned up thread has a website. Never heard of them until now. Must check it out sometime.

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2018, 15:48:52 »
If you care about college football, the Hall of Fame.
I really enjoyed the Fernback Museum of Natural History.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2018, 16:46:36 »
It's got one of the largest public aquariums in the world.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 11 January 2018, 19:26:33 »
We have DragonCon too!

Never really go into Atlanta so don't know whats there... Other than the Heart-attack Varsity. Only time I ever went was on a band trip. Food was good but greasy.

If you are into anime there is a place down near McDonough. Should be places closer on the north side of Atl as well.

As for BT games, there is almost always a BT game on the weekends. TW or AS rules and plenty of players. One of them being on the forums as well.

StoneRhino

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: 11 January 2018, 20:00:25 »
It's got one of the largest public aquariums in the world.

OH....I'm definitely adding that to my list of things to try and see while I'm out there.  :P

StoneRhino

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 11 January 2018, 20:10:35 »
We have DragonCon too!

Never really go into Atlanta so don't know whats there... Other than the Heart-attack Varsity. Only time I ever went was on a band trip. Food was good but greasy.

If you are into anime there is a place down near McDonough. Should be places closer on the north side of Atl as well.

As for BT games, there is almost always a BT game on the weekends. TW or AS rules and plenty of players. One of them being on the forums as well.

I know nothing about Atlanta, but the area that I am heading to is in Dunwoody near the 285 and Chamblee Dunwoody road. Are any of these places within a short drive?

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #10 on: 11 January 2018, 20:12:40 »
They have Otters :P
My daughter loves Otters
She wouldn't leave until she got a stuffed Otter.

There is also Stone Mountain. It is a really really big rock. You can climb the rock. The view from the top is actually pretty good. Just don't forget to buy a funnel cake before you leave. And stay for the laser show, it is worth it. Might want to ride the train and the river boat as well.

StoneRhino

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: 14 February 2018, 03:21:08 »
They have Otters :P
My daughter loves Otters
She wouldn't leave until she got a stuffed Otter.

There is also Stone Mountain. It is a really really big rock. You can climb the rock. The view from the top is actually pretty good. Just don't forget to buy a funnel cake before you leave. And stay for the laser show, it is worth it. Might want to ride the train and the river boat as well.

I made it to the Georgia Aquarium, which was well worth the effort. Getting a chance to see the 3 Whale Sharks alone was worth it. The otters were sleeping when I was there, but I did catch the Dolphin Celebration, which was a  lot of fun.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #12 on: 14 February 2018, 05:11:53 »
There used to be a sizeable gokart track up 85 north. I think it was Malibu Grand Prix. Last I checked (oh so long ago) they had a website.

You can look this place up, shouldn't be too far from where you are. They might have a table up for BT
www.titangamesandcomics.com

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #13 on: 14 February 2018, 12:35:05 »
I made it to the Georgia Aquarium, which was well worth the effort. Getting a chance to see the 3 Whale Sharks alone was worth it. The otters were sleeping when I was there, but I did catch the Dolphin Celebration, which was a  lot of fun.

Nice!
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman