Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XV: Pitter Patter Let's Get At'er  (Read 155960 times)

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XV: Pitter Patter Let's Get At'er
« Reply #240 on: 18 December 2019, 15:34:00 »
Are the XTROs, Touring the Stars, Spotlight and Turning Points all finished now?

They are collectively second to Wars of Reaving on my list of recent favourites
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #241 on: 18 December 2019, 16:10:05 »
I doubt that such a concept can ever be "finished", as they never had a set scope or quota to begin with. As long as the product format remains viable, new entries may follow. Case in point: House Arano, another Housebook reviving BattleTech's oldest sourcebook series with a new entry after some three decades.

Personally, I have ideas for several Turning Points and (X)TROs.
The only series that will run out of creative canvas eventually is Touring The Stars: There are only so many settled worlds in BT, and I don't think it is even desirable to have complete writeups on more than a handful, to give GMs and future writers some free space to work with.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #242 on: 18 December 2019, 16:23:50 »
May have been asked: When is the second Rogue Academy novel going to get released? :)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #243 on: 18 December 2019, 17:01:02 »
Are the XTROs, Touring the Stars, Spotlight and Turning Points all finished now?

They are collectively second to Wars of Reaving on my list of recent favourites

TtS: Gulf Breeze and Rigil Kentares are still on the coming releases page.

The XTROs were in the majority a Jihad-era project (with the second most coming from pre-exodus periods) and have slowed considerably - the most recent by my count was Primitives vol 5 in 2016.

Turning points is getting some new entries as part of the kickstarter.

I have no recollection of anything recent on Spotlight On

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #244 on: 18 December 2019, 17:04:00 »
Considering we are now 4 months overdue on the first Founding book and have a bit less than 2 weeks for the time table on the second Founding book, any word on them?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

RoundTop

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • In Takashi We Trust
« Reply #245 on: 18 December 2019, 17:05:56 »
May have been asked: When is the second Rogue Academy novel going to get released? :)

As I'm facebook stalking the author...  The first draft has been handed over to editing as of last week if I read the updates properly. So assuming it goes through at least one round of edits, and the fact checks, etc....

My guess is February to PoD, but it is a guess, and that would be if TPTB want to release it immediately upon completion.
No-Dachi has a counter-argument. Nothing further? Ok.
Demo team agent #772

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #246 on: 18 December 2019, 17:31:49 »
As I'm facebook stalking the author...  The first draft has been handed over to editing as of last week if I read the updates properly. So assuming it goes through at least one round of edits, and the fact checks, etc....

My guess is February to PoD, but it is a guess, and that would be if TPTB want to release it immediately upon completion.

Thank you :)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

Doom

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #247 on: 18 December 2019, 18:51:02 »

It is? There's the Chaos Campaign: Tukayyid, but I don't remember new TPs. Did they say which ones?

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #248 on: 18 December 2019, 20:29:11 »
they’re based on the same structure, system, and rules so the duck taxonomy principle applies here

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #249 on: 18 December 2019, 20:31:33 »

Not exactly. No new ones are in production, as far as I'm aware, but that doesn't mean none ever could be. I'd had some ideas of how to try to better unify them and produce them more consistently, but didn't get much traction with it before the KS happened. I'll add "figure out mini-PDFs" to my 2020 planning notes.

TtS: Gulf Breeze and Rigil Kentares are still on the coming releases page.

Good. Point. I need to see what the heck happened there.

The XTROs were in the majority a Jihad-era project (with the second most coming from pre-exodus periods) and have slowed considerably - the most recent by my count was Primitives vol 5 in 2016.

Those mostly pre-date my involvement in the line, but my sense is that they were fairly demanding products to create--in terms of art, if nothing else. Of all the PDF-onlys, they might be the trickiest to re-establish.

I don't show any TP products on my tracking sheet - maybe someone misspoke on one of the AMAs, and meant the Chaos Campaign: Tukayyid product?
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #250 on: 18 December 2019, 20:40:54 »
Yeah I tend to conflate CC and TP products because they’re strains of the same plant

wantec

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
« Reply #251 on: 19 December 2019, 08:50:06 »
FWIW, Golden Century is not dead, but all art assets and then some are tied up in the KS for now.
Boooooooo

As for XTROs and SpotlightOn, I've got ideas and partially written ones and I'm sure other folks do too.
BEN ROME YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD, I READ YOUR BOOK!

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #252 on: 19 December 2019, 09:31:55 »
Makes me little depressed that production of new stuff deplayed or confused by KS. Previous year it was different reasons. Seems yearly now this happening.  :(
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #253 on: 19 December 2019, 10:04:15 »
You realize we are still getting new stuff?  Its just different new stuff b/c the stretch goals got reached . . . considering most of the KS stuff has wider appeal (and will be published) than niche PDF, I think its a pretty solid trade.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #254 on: 19 December 2019, 10:25:50 »
Not exactly. No new ones are in production, as far as I'm aware, but that doesn't mean none ever could be. I'd had some ideas of how to try to better unify them and produce them more consistently, but didn't get much traction with it before the KS happened. I'll add "figure out mini-PDFs" to my 2020 planning notes.

Good. Point. I need to see what the heck happened there.

Those mostly pre-date my involvement in the line, but my sense is that they were fairly demanding products to create--in terms of art, if nothing else. Of all the PDF-onlys, they might be the trickiest to re-establish.

I don't show any TP products on my tracking sheet - maybe someone misspoke on one of the AMAs, and meant the Chaos Campaign: Tukayyid product?

Thanks for the updates they are great products but I could see they'd be plenty work to do with the art and the individual fiction pieces

I hope to see more, I for one really enjoy them and they give new angles on things
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #255 on: 19 December 2019, 10:31:29 »
You realize we are still getting new stuff?  Its just different new stuff b/c the stretch goals got reached . . . considering most of the KS stuff has wider appeal (and will be published) than niche PDF, I think its a pretty solid trade.

right. if it comes down to mega successful project backed by thousands of people vs cool niche product that may or may not recoup its production costs, go with the former

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #256 on: 19 December 2019, 10:33:37 »

So the KS got it's goals met. Does that mean there'll be enough of those products for everyone, or just those who participated in the KS?  Forgive my not knowing but previous KS I've seen only do enough to cover those who participated. Maybe. If they're going to be for sale to anyone, when can I order a plush Urbie?  :D

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #257 on: 19 December 2019, 10:40:07 »
most items have been tentatively slated to be made available via retail except the items explicitly marked as exclusives like the dice bags

when and at what markup is yet to be seen

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #258 on: 19 December 2019, 10:40:20 »
So the KS got it's goals met. Does that mean there'll be enough of those products for everyone, or just those who participated in the KS?  Forgive my not knowing but previous KS I've seen only do enough to cover those who participated. Maybe. If they're going to be for sale to anyone, when can I order a plush Urbie?  :D

Anything that wasn't labeled a Kickstarter Exclusive will likely be available for sale. Especially all those miniatures.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #259 on: 19 December 2019, 12:05:15 »

Mentally, I have broken it down into 3 tiers . . .

KS Exclusive- clearly stated on the KS website, covering things like the dice bags, daggerstar keychain and the leatherbound Legends book

KS produced niche products-  Clan Burrock, Wolverine, etc dice/coin, plush UrbanMech, and a few other things.  I expect they will make a order for these items to meet KS demand that will have some left overs that go for sale on the website or at Cons until supply runs out.  IMO its questionable if they will ever have enough demand to make another production run

KS broad appeal-  Things like the minis, maps, 5 Houses dice, and major Clan dice will probably have recurring production runs

Its why most of my dice and the few coins I ordered went to things I expect will only be available this once.
Colt Ward

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #260 on: 20 December 2019, 03:24:37 »
Thanks.

I hope the plush UrbieMech will be made available for sale.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #261 on: 20 December 2019, 07:36:34 »
Did Mercenary’s Star and The Price of Glory PoD release on amazon without fanfare or did I just miss the announcement?

Edit: DRT is PoD now too, apparently

« Last Edit: 20 December 2019, 07:55:57 by Sartris »

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #262 on: 20 December 2019, 09:02:15 »
Did Mercenary’s Star and The Price of Glory PoD release on amazon without fanfare or did I just miss the announcement?

Edit: DRT is PoD now too, apparently

Well, it was on social media, but I dropped the ball on sharing it here. So busy in life, so much KS stuff to do, too. But! The forms must be obeyed.

Now Available - "Mercenary's Star," "The Price of Glory," and "D.R.T." in Print-on-Demand!

"Mercenary's Star" - The Gray Death Legion Saga, Vol. 2

"BACKS AGAINST THE WALL…

Galatea. The Mercenary's Star. Even the most down on their luck units can find work here. Leading the newly-formed Gray Death Legion has been challenging for Grayson Death Carlyle, so when a job comes their way, he’s only too happy to take it. The mission: train the local resistance on the planet Verthandi to resist their Draconis Combine masters.

But things do not go well almost from the moment the Legion arrives. Trapped on Verthandi and facing a superior force and a fractured populace, the men and women of the Legion find themselves in a situation that makes the campaign on Trellwan look like a walk in the park. And Grayson quickly learns that repeating his past successes may not be so easy this time…"

"The Price of Glory" - The Gray Death Legion Saga, Vol. 3

"NOWHERE TO RUN

The Gray Death Legion is in the employ of the Free Worlds League, and has even been given a landhold on the planet Helm. But dark forces conspire against them, and the Legion soon finds themselves declared renegade war criminals, fair game for anyone to attack.

Now they are on the run on their home planet, trying desperately to reach safety before the might of House Marik falls upon them. They are about to discover the true motives of those who engineered their downfall.

And what they discover will change the Inner Sphere forever…"

"D.R.T."

"DEAD RIGHT THERE

Jeremiah Rose and the Black Thorns, flush with their success against the Jade Falcons on Borghese, head to Harlech to draw a new assignment. Their only requirement: Their new job must let them face off against the Clans.

They find more than they bargained for—a lot more. Their assignment: Garrison duty on Wolcott—a Kurita planet deep in the heart of the Clan Smoke Jaguar occupation zone. Wolcott is besieged, but protected from further Clan aggression by the Clan code of honor. Wolcott makes a useful staging area for Kurita raids on Smoke Jaguar-occupied territory. But too much aggression could bring the Clans down hard on the mercenary unit.
The pay is good. The advance is unbelievable. They just have to live long enough to spend it..."

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #263 on: 20 December 2019, 09:25:42 »
That DRT cover needs more banana hammock.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #264 on: 20 December 2019, 09:31:34 »
Did the first book for the First Black Thorns book come out too on POD?  Main Event?
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #265 on: 20 December 2019, 09:32:04 »

Repaint the Masakari? :)
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #266 on: 20 December 2019, 09:32:27 »

I agree!
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #267 on: 20 December 2019, 09:47:51 »
Well, it was on social media

ah, there's my problem. my only remaining social media presence is my cat's instagram

Did the first book for the First Black Thorns book come out too on POD?  Main Event?

not yet. the "classics" (aka oldschool reprints) include

The Warrior Trilogy
The Gray Death Trilogy
DRT

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #268 on: 20 December 2019, 09:59:18 »
Cubby, does Catalyst have any standing to get more of the MWDA novels into e-pub form?  I have some holes in my dtf set that are not filled with the few I have as e-pubs.  It would be nice to get some of the more 'spine' (Fortress Republic vs Patriot's Stand frex) MWDA novels released.
Colt Ward

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #269 on: 20 December 2019, 10:59:58 »
ah, there's my problem. my only remaining social media presence is my cat's instagram

IRL, a co-worker's pair of sheepadoodles have an IG account with 18k followers. We use it as the metric when evaluating potential social media influencers for our campaigns. If you don't have more followers than Bean and Jones, you're behind the 8-ball.

Not yet, and I don't have any information on when it might be available. "The future."

Cubby, does Catalyst have any standing to get more of the MWDA novels into e-pub form?  I have some holes in my dtf set that are not filled with the few I have as e-pubs.  It would be nice to get some of the more 'spine' (Fortress Republic vs Patriot's Stand frex) MWDA novels released.

The ability is there, afaik. The planning and strategy for what novels are released when, I don't have insight into. Personally, I'd also like to see more DA fiction become widely (legally) available, because that's where we are in the timeline. Tough to get people to buy into an era when they can't read the books.