Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XV: Pitter Patter Let's Get At'er  (Read 155954 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XV: Pitter Patter Let's Get At'er
« Reply #390 on: 15 January 2020, 15:51:55 »
Pretty sure it was a reference to the STNG episode where Picard was being tortured by a Cardassian to say the wrong number of lights were displayed.  Sort of like getting someone to agree 2+2 = 5.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #391 on: 15 January 2020, 15:56:51 »
Pretty sure it was a reference to the STNG episode where Picard was being tortured by a Cardassian to say the wrong number of lights were displayed.  Sort of like getting someone to agree 2+2 = 5.

Correct. It was a two parter that is often hailed as some of the best of the series.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #393 on: 15 January 2020, 16:32:40 »
Its a iconic episode of STNG . . . torture of a prisoner to achieve brainwashing was not show on TV before afaik- not to that length.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Joewrightgm

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #394 on: 16 January 2020, 08:23:43 »
I wouldn't frame it that way--remember that the bulk of products for the KS are going to hit retail as well, eventually.

IMO, the line desperately needed new miniatures and that would/should have been a priority no matter what. The KS backers are getting them first because they funded their existence. But it's not one or the other, it's one then the other. I think that distinction matters.

Humble suggestion for the Dev team, once the dust settles from KS fulfillment:

Remix the lance/star packs so you can buy “house/clan” lances/stars; IE, a Kurita lance that contains a Panther, Jenner, Dragon, etc

Or a smoke Jaguar Star, with ebon jaguar, Warhawk, dire wolf, mist lynx and arctic cheetah.

Just a down the road thought

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #395 on: 16 January 2020, 09:57:27 »

It's come up recently, it's pie in the sky for the moment, could happen someday.

The biggest factor would be which Mechs are included, more than the factionalization of the pack. Meaning, a pack that's very on-flavor Lyran (for instance) but includes less-demanded Mechs may not be successful--but because of the Mechs, not because it's "single faction stuff doesn't sell." (This is how people conflate the fallacy that "single faction products don't sell" with the truth that there are usually multiple factors why something doesn't sell.)
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #396 on: 16 January 2020, 16:00:59 »
Given how much of the lyran lineup would be heavy metal i'd expect it to sell well. it's the fedsuns one i'd have doubts about.

'lance' pack with three mechs and two tanks? I think that would work next kickstarter, depending on the tanks.

beachhead1985

• Major
  • 1st SOG; SLDF. "McKenna's Marauders"
    • Kilroy's Wall
« Reply #397 on: 19 January 2020, 01:27:08 »
Humble suggestion for the Dev team, once the dust settles from KS fulfillment:

Remix the lance/star packs so you can buy “house/clan” lances/stars; IE, a Kurita lance that contains a Panther, Jenner, Dragon, etc

Or a smoke Jaguar Star, with ebon jaguar, Warhawk, dire wolf, mist lynx and arctic cheetah.

This was something I brought up, after I already missed the boat on the AS lance packs being a one and done-deal.

You could do it simply with a "build-a-lance" or "Build-a-star" option online. At the time; I was fantasizing about what might be in the next wave of AS Plastics and was thinking how cool it would be to buy a lance of Urbanmechs, or Panthers or whatever.
Epitaph on an Army of Mercenaries

These, in the day when heaven was falling,      Their shoulders held the sky suspended;
The hour when earth's foundations fled,         They stood, and earth's foundations stay;
Followed their mercenary calling,               What God abandoned, these defended,
And took their wages, and are dead.             And saved the sum of things for pay.

A.E. Housman

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #398 on: 19 January 2020, 13:18:16 »
Judging by how few companies do that, I wouldn't hold my breath. It's just a procurement nightmare for the distributers that has no benefit over selling each one individually, later which comes with it's own draw backs.

Honestly, just ask IWM why they never did that with their own Mech Packs.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #399 on: 20 January 2020, 12:24:54 »
Available now in digital, Battletech: Gray Markets anthology.

"COMBAT IS THEIR BUSINESS…

And business is good in the 31st century as the Third Succession War rages on battlefields ruled by the almighty BattleMech: ten-meter-tall humanoid machines of pure destruction. Continuous warfare between the five Great Houses of the Inner Sphere has led to a steep technological decline, forcing the nobility of these vast interstellar empires to rely on mercenaries to augment their standing armies and gain crucial advantages against their enemies. However, that House nobleman may be paying your unit’s bills one day, but sending you straight into a trap tomorrow. BattleMechs may be the kings of the battlefield, but money, power, and machinations are just as important in victory as an autocannon barrage.

This anthology of hard-hitting BattleTech action includes six short stories that demonstrate how Machiavellian nobles, greedy pirates, and desperate mercenary units can change the course of Inner Sphere history. Take up the cause and charge your way through war-torn tales by veteran BattleTech authors such as Chris Hussey, Philip A. Lee, and Craig A. Reed, Jr."

https://books2read.com/BattleTechGrayMarkets

Catalyst Demo Agent #221, Huntington, WV

It's times like this I ask myself "What would Jabba the Hutt do?"

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #400 on: 20 January 2020, 12:30:01 »
Reading a bit of the foreword . . . is it safe to assume these are not in any other collection?  I know I have some like the Lennox stories that appeared in the Anthologies but also were released in their own set.
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #401 on: 20 January 2020, 12:38:00 »
i've got none of these in a currently available anthology

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #402 on: 20 January 2020, 12:48:41 »
Reading a bit of the foreword . . . is it safe to assume these are not in any other collection?  I know I have some like the Lennox stories that appeared in the Anthologies but also were released in their own set.

None of these are previously released that I know of.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #403 on: 20 January 2020, 13:22:39 »
Ok, like I said it sounded that way from the foreword but I wanted someone in the know to confirm.
Colt Ward

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #404 on: 20 January 2020, 13:26:17 »
Oh, hey, Grey Markets! (Why, hello there 'Forsaken')

Cool.

These were originally published on BattleCorps in 2016.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

RanFelsnerAFFS

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #405 on: 20 January 2020, 14:35:11 »
Does anybody else gets the "This title is not currently available for purchase" message for Kindle format on Amazon?

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #406 on: 20 January 2020, 15:08:48 »
Works just fine trough Barnes & Noble.
I have spoken.

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #407 on: 20 January 2020, 15:59:47 »
Does anybody else gets the "This title is not currently available for purchase" message for Kindle format on Amazon?

No, I was able to navigate right to the Kindle page

Here's a direct link, https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0841PXBVQ/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_CrHjEb3XGZQ3F
« Last Edit: 20 January 2020, 20:21:33 by Bosefius »

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #408 on: 20 January 2020, 19:53:12 »
The. Book looks good so far! Got through Google books .
The intro has a surprisingly piece news for 2020  in the introduction !

Im really looking forward to it!
New Battletech magazine!
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Joewrightgm

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #409 on: 20 January 2020, 20:49:08 »
Wondering if I should bite down and throw the grasslands map pack onto my pledge; anyone have that? Like it?

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #410 on: 20 January 2020, 20:55:15 »
Any chance of a Print on Demand for the new book?
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #411 on: 20 January 2020, 21:05:21 »
Wondering if I should bite down and throw the grasslands map pack onto my pledge; anyone have that? Like it?
I have them both in paper and neoprene.  I like them and the design and artwork are far superior to anything I had in my collection. 8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #412 on: 21 January 2020, 08:15:04 »

The new paper maps, like those in Grasslands and the new box sets, absolutely destroy the old ones. So pretty, and much easier to visually see the difference in levels. (Though I'll admit that some of the hex labels can be a bit hard to read in places.)

Remember that the reverse of the BattleMats is two of the maps from the Grasslands pack.

Any chance of a Print on Demand for the new book?

Eventually. It's too short on it's own to do as a POD. It needs to be paired with either or both of the other short BattleCorps anthologies, Slack Tide or Honor Code; similar to how The Anvil and Splinter of Hope were paired. There are plans to do that at some point in the not too distant future, but there are a few other fiction releases in the pipeline first.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Frabby

• Major
« Reply #413 on: 21 January 2020, 09:47:04 »
Im really looking forward to it!
New Battletech magazine!
That's old news. The magazine was a stretch goal for the Clan Invasion Kickstarter, the name has been annonced as "Shrapnel" since, and we've been talking about it in various threads here.

But man am I stoked about it!
Looks like the best of both worlds from BattleTechnology and BattleCorps are going to be fused together for this.
Sarna.net BattleTechWiki Admin
Author of the BattleCorps stories Feather vs. Mountain, Rise and Shine, Proprietary, Trial of Faith & scenario Twins

Adrian Gideon

• BattleTech Developer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • BattleTech Line Developer
« Reply #414 on: 21 January 2020, 10:05:18 »
Looks like the best of both worlds from BattleTechnology and BattleCorps are going to be fused together for this.
uh, what do you mean? What’s the expectation there?
If you appreciate how I’m doing, send me a tip: ko-fi.com/rayarrastia
fb.com/battletechgame
@CGL_BattleTech

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #415 on: 21 January 2020, 19:38:54 »
I don't know what going be in magazine, i haven't seen anything mentioned. I would love to see a Battletechnology style magazine.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #416 on: 23 January 2020, 02:04:33 »
If Frabby means a little bit of fiction along with game useable rules ideas, the occasional new 'mech or vehicle, and other surprises, I agree!  That's something to be stoked about.

But, I'm nobody, just a user, one of many.   ;D
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #417 on: 23 January 2020, 06:49:30 »
Nothing's really been specified about what will be coming from Shrapnel, aside from at least four issues of it courtesy of the Kickstarter.

Given the title, I'd expect short stories set in the universe, similar to the anthology of the same name from the 1980s.

BattleTechnology (as well as Mech Magazine, MechForce Quarterly, and Commando Quarterly) also had fiction, to which they added scenarios, rules variants, designs, in-universe news reports, product reviews, sourcebook-style material (planetary write-ups, character profiles, equipment guides), painting guides, and both in-universe and gaming-perspective strategy and tactics tips.

I wouldn't think we'd need new 'Mech designs, equipment guides, or other sourcebook supplements in Shrapnel, since Catalyst does a fine job of delivering such materials (Touring the Stars, XTROs, etc.)  CamoSpecs and other sources can deliver the hobby-specific painting tips, and magazine-based product reviews seem quaint in the age of the Internet.  Thus, I'd expect (though I'm very open to being surprised) it to be fiction, scenarios, tactics & strategy guides, and in-universe news reports, primarily.
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #418 on: 23 January 2020, 10:21:24 »
I know as a backer I got two issues free, but to support the project I want to say I went ahead to pony up for the other 2 issues since I want to see it be successful.
Colt Ward

Bosefius

• Will Moderate for Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #419 on: 28 January 2020, 21:29:21 »
You asked and we've been listening.

We're ecstatic, to say the least, to announce that Forever Faithful is now available as an audio book, narrated by the great Tren Sparks!

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0845PCDFS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_oXomEbF543B9Q

SEMPER FIDELIS

In the year 3060, the reborn Star League has destroyed Clan Smoke Jaguar, conquered their home world Huntress, and scattered the few remaining Jaguar warriors to the winds. Now the League seeks to end the Clan invasion for good by using former Smoke Jaguars against their own people.
Meanwhile, two bitter enemies seek to salvage a future for the last Jaguars in existence: Trent, who betrayed his wayward Clan to help them regain their honor, and Paul Moon, a disgraced warrior torn between his pledged loyalty to the Star League and a duty to the Smoke Jaguar civilization he was born to protect.
But power-hungry predators lurk in Clan space, waiting for the right time to strike the vulnerable Star League forces. And to the victor will go the spoils: the priceless artifacts of a destroyed Clan and the sacred genetics of the final generation of Smoke Jaguar warriors.
Trent and Paul Moon must fight tooth and nail against would-be conquerors to save the soul of the surviving Jaguar people before they are consigned to the annals of history. But will their divergent plans tear the survivors apart, or lead them toward freedom?

Register