Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XV: Pitter Patter Let's Get At'er  (Read 155972 times)

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XV: Pitter Patter Let's Get At'er
« Reply #630 on: 18 March 2020, 10:33:30 »
Be kinda neat this came out on April Fools Day.  :D Still paying for it and canon but maybe that could be the day?

I loved the April Fools Jokes. I wish they would make a come back.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Istal_Devalis

• Major
  • Baka! I didnt change my avatar because I like you!
« Reply #631 on: 18 March 2020, 11:21:20 »
I just hope the mazes aren't like these:
The Church of Nanoha has a solution.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #632 on: 18 March 2020, 13:30:44 »
Here's something to add a little 'color' to your day! 56 pages of fun and activities, coming soon to PDF and POD!

Nothing's coming out of China anytime soon, so here's what we can give you.   ;)

Seriously, a lighthearted product like this is exactly what we need right now.
I have spoken.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #633 on: 18 March 2020, 16:02:15 »
Nothing's coming out of China anytime soon, so here's what we can give you.   ;)

Seriously, a lighthearted product like this is exactly what we need right now.

Not all BT printing is done in China, and there's an example currently at the printers.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #634 on: 18 March 2020, 17:17:00 »
That second maze posted by NeonKnight is totally solvable... the squares outside the maze are exactly as legal as the ones inside it...  ^-^

RifleMech

• Major
« Reply #635 on: 19 March 2020, 02:16:56 »
Here's something to add a little 'color' to your day! 56 pages of fun and activities, coming soon to PDF and POD!

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #636 on: 22 March 2020, 07:54:32 »
Repeating a message I just posted as a separate (locked) topic and on the website and all social media:

Greetings,

The entire world is struggling with the ramifications of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic. Family and friends who may be sick. Struggling businesses. Self-isolation.  On behalf of everyone at Catalyst Game Labs, our thoughts and prayers go out to everyone affected by the outbreak.

As a virtual company Catalyst continues to operate fairly normally. We have game lines requiring our ongoing attention, and at some point (we assume) life will return to something approaching normal. Still, we encourage our employees and our fans out there to practice extreme safety measures. Follow the ongoing advice of health care professionals. Try to socially distance yourselves as much as is practical.

We understand that gamers are social creatures, so this will be hard for us; dealing with the closing of our favorite conventions and our local game stores who may also be self-isolating. Everyone at Catalyst is saddened that we may miss seeing so many friends this year.

At this time, we are anticipating and preparing for a delay of several weeks to the production, shipment, and distribution of our products, for regular release and for the BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter. We are exploring alternative options to mitigate delays, including domestic U.S. printing. We will keep you updated as we learn more from our production and shipping vendors.

While there may not be much we can do from a health care perspective, Catalyst will be offering a 20% discount store-wide on our online store, with an additional 20% discount on non-BattleTech, non-Shadowrun products, for the next month to encourage our fans to stay home. Catch up on the latest BattleTech novel. Complete your Shadowrun RPG collection. If your family is healthy, maybe try a new boardgame.

(Note: the 20% discount for non-BattleTech, non-Shadowrun products is shown in the store listings; the blanket 20% discount will be applied to all items once they’re in your cart.)

If our FLGS friends have any ideas on how we can help them in this trying time, reach out to us and let us know.

It doesn’t feel like much, but they say every little bit helps.

Be safe, and we look forward to seeing everyone on the other side of this world tragedy.

Loren & Heather Coleman

Please note: the digital versions of Total Warfare, TechManual, BattleMech Manual, Technical Readout: Succession Wars, Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, and Alpha Strike: Commander's Edition were recently updated with new versions. These versions contain no major changes, only errata fixes. Customers who purchased earlier versions of these products either on the Catalyst Web Store or DriveThruRPG should have received an e-mail informing them that the updated versions are available for download.

However, due to a technical glitch, multiple files may appear. Customers can download each, and check the dates on the back cover page and the Table of Contents page to determine the most recent, updated version. We hope to have this issue resolved soon.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #637 on: 22 March 2020, 09:47:39 »
Thanks guys! :)
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #638 on: 22 March 2020, 11:50:10 »
Thanks guys good health to you and all other gamers
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #639 on: 22 March 2020, 11:53:08 »
Nice, glad CGL did this.  It's very thoughtful thing to do.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #640 on: 22 March 2020, 12:39:38 »
At this time, we are anticipating and preparing for a delay of several weeks to the production, shipment, and distribution of our products, for regular release and for the BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter.

We are taken utterly by surprise, and think this is cause to gripe endlessly, right guys? [/unfunny]

More seriously, things are hard all over. I have some savings, but expect to lose at least a couple months of work over covid.

Orwell84

• Lieutenant
« Reply #641 on: 23 March 2020, 05:40:26 »
Thanks for doing this guys. Already bought just about everything I'm interested in over the past decade but I found room in my wallet for a couple more PDFs. Hope this pittance helps even a little.

Best of fortune to you at CGL and hope you and your kin all make it through this OK :thumbsup:
All Clan totems are equal but some are more equal than others.

"The Succession Wars solved no problem. Their effects, both immediate and indirect, were either negative or disastrous. Morally subversive, economically destructive, socially degrading, confused in their causes, devious in their course, futile in their results, they are the outstanding example in Spheroid history of meaningless conflict."
The Third Star League's view of the Succession Wars, plagiarised from an ancient Terran historian's judgement of the Thirty Years War.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #642 on: 23 March 2020, 13:27:52 »
The big issue was that the price of cardboard went up, so it becomes hard to justify the prices required to actually make a profit.
I remember after the last Single Box Set came out (the one with all the minis used for the AS Lance packs), Randall told us at the "What's Up With CGL?" Seminar at GC that year, the cost of the cardboard for the BOXES alone was enough to make them LOSE money on the entire run.    :(
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #643 on: 23 March 2020, 14:35:38 »
I remember after the last Single Box Set came out (the one with all the minis used for the AS Lance packs), Randall told us at the "What's Up With CGL?" Seminar at GC that year, the cost of the cardboard for the BOXES alone was enough to make them LOSE money on the entire run.    :(
YIKES.
Now that's a thing I hadn't heard, but that's pretty rough.

Definitely a loss leader there.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #644 on: 23 March 2020, 18:22:24 »
Where is that printing company buying cardboard??? From virgin forest wood to make into cardboard???  That utter insane.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #645 on: 23 March 2020, 18:26:35 »
Where is that printing company buying cardboard??? From virgin forest wood to make into cardboard???  That utter insane.
The dark side of supply and demand, and there was so much demand.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #646 on: 25 March 2020, 12:15:57 »
Now Available - The BattleTech Activity Book in PDF; Coming Soon - TRO: Jihad

Hotly anticipated by MechWarriors of all stripes and beleaguered parents everywhere, we're proud to release the BattleTech Activity Book as a free PDF (and pay-what-you-wish on DriveThruRPG)! (CGL Webstore // DTRPG) The book will be available in print-on-demand hard copy in the near future; it's winding its way through the POD process now.

This 56-page coloring and activity book will provide hours of fun, showcasing line art of 'Mechs from the BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat boxed set and the upcoming BattleTech: Clan Invasion boxed set. 

Join the Clans and all their friends on their fun-filled adventures against the Great Houses of the Inner Sphere! MechWarriors of all ages can take command--each page features 'Mechs to color, puzzles, mazes, games, cutting activities and things to make and do. Your favorite 'Mechs and characters are featured in other great BattleTech products. Look for them at your local game store! 

Also, coming very soon to hard copy print release and PDF: Technical Readout: Jihad. Following up on Technical Readout: Succession Wars and Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, this volume presents 'Mechs compiled from long out-of-print volumes. Check out the cover art and back cover copy below:

November 3067 saw the culmination of work two centuries in the making, work begun by Primus Conrad Toyama of ComStar, successor to Jerome Blake and the man responsible for single-handedly turning ComStar into a pseudo-religious organization with a vision: to lead mankind to the light.

But then the Second Star League collapsed.

Denied their dream, the Blakists fought to preserve the Star League against the follies of the Great Houses, its fanaticism manifested as the Jihad: a horrific war that pitted every nation against each other. This era saw bleeding edge machines march off to war, while venerable ’Mechs continued to receive upgrades and facelifts. Even primitive ’Mechs not seen in over half a millennia once again appear on the battlefield.

Technical Readout: Jihad expands on Technical Readout: Succession Wars and Technical Readout: Clan Invasion by combining ’Mechs previously found in Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, Technical Readout: 3060, Technical Readout: 3067, Technical Readout: 3075, Technical Readout: 3085, and Technical Readout: Project Phoenix. This volume features some of the most common ’Mechs from the Jihad, and each machine is accompanied by an illustration, a description of its history, capabilities, and game stats.

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #647 on: 25 March 2020, 12:23:58 »
Now Available - The BattleTech Activity Book in PDF; Coming Soon - TRO: Jihad

Hotly anticipated by MechWarriors of all stripes and beleaguered parents everywhere, we're proud to release the BattleTech Activity Book as a free PDF (and pay-what-you-wish on DriveThruRPG)! (CGL Webstore // DTRPG) The book will be available in print-on-demand hard copy in the near future; it's winding its way through the POD process now.

This 56-page coloring and activity book will provide hours of fun, showcasing line art of 'Mechs from the BattleTech: A Game of Armored Combat boxed set and the upcoming BattleTech: Clan Invasion boxed set. 

Join the Clans and all their friends on their fun-filled adventures against the Great Houses of the Inner Sphere! MechWarriors of all ages can take command--each page features 'Mechs to color, puzzles, mazes, games, cutting activities and things to make and do. Your favorite 'Mechs and characters are featured in other great BattleTech products. Look for them at your local game store! 

Also, coming very soon to hard copy print release and PDF: Technical Readout: Jihad. Following up on Technical Readout: Succession Wars and Technical Readout: Clan Invasion, this volume presents 'Mechs compiled from long out-of-print volumes. Check out the cover art and back cover copy below:

*Goes and puts his money where his mouth isn't*

Also, looking forward to the Jihad release. I'm getting these for my kid to go with his beginner's box set. I get my record sheets from MML, though.
« Last Edit: 25 March 2020, 12:27:42 by LightGuard »
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #648 on: 25 March 2020, 12:27:40 »
WOO HOO . . . my wife laughed when I told her this, but the toddler is coloring a mech tonight!

About TRO Jihad . . . is it TRO3067/3075/3085?
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #649 on: 25 March 2020, 12:28:38 »

About TRO Jihad . . . is it TRO3067/3075/3085?

The BCC is in the description. Yes.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #650 on: 25 March 2020, 12:35:44 »
Thanx Cubby - Got my Activity Book.
AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #651 on: 25 March 2020, 12:36:45 »
The click link only gives me the cover unless I am doing something wrong.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

DarkISI

• Praedonum Dominus
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • https://amzn.to/3Dm3bvj
    • My Author Website
« Reply #652 on: 25 March 2020, 12:38:25 »
The activity book is actually for free. But there was still work involved. So I put $ 5 down, because that is very well invested money.
Thank you. The kids will love it. And their me, too ;)
German novelist and part time Battletech writer.

HPG Station - German Battletech News

"if they didn't want to be stomped to death by a psychotic gang of battlemechs, they shouldn't have fallen down" - Liam's Ghost

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #653 on: 25 March 2020, 12:40:49 »
Wow, that's a nice TRO compilation.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #654 on: 25 March 2020, 12:41:25 »

To the activity book? Both links seem to be working for me.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #655 on: 25 March 2020, 12:47:52 »

Wait, I see.

The link is in the text of the announcement, not the cover.

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #656 on: 25 March 2020, 12:54:31 »
The activity book is actually for free. But there was still work involved. So I put $ 5 down, because that is very well invested money.
Thank you. The kids will love it. And their me, too ;)

Totally worth it for me. My wife loves to color, but my kid'll enjoy the activity parts. I'll just enjoy it for the fact I got my entire family to do a BattleTech activity and not just my kid and I playing tabletop.  ;D
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #657 on: 25 March 2020, 13:07:22 »

:yikes:

was expecting one of these around con season.

ditto on the toddler getting coloring pages today

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #658 on: 25 March 2020, 13:09:56 »
Wait, I see.

The link is in the text of the announcement, not the cover.

Ok, I feel silly that it was right there . . . its a lot of books though half were already picked over for Clan Invasion, guess it does make some sense to skip over a TRO for the FCCW.  Thanks for the effort on the activity book, I am going to share a picture of the 3 y/o's efforts on a mech- lol, he sees lines a suggestions rather than rules.
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #659 on: 25 March 2020, 13:15:33 »
it appears the pay what you want is getting the 20% store discount - which, ironically, is not paying what i want :D

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Register