Author Topic: Upcoming Releases Volume XV: Pitter Patter Let's Get At'er  (Read 155981 times)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
Re: Upcoming Releases Volume XV: Pitter Patter Let's Get At'er
« Reply #1140 on: 14 May 2020, 09:33:52 »
I could see the Dragoons, and/or the Warden Wolves, becoming mainline Clan Wolf or IlClan galaxies. It would kept the legacy while getting a bit of faction consolidation, which wouldn't be a terrible thing.

I will go ahead and pop the bubble here . . .

. . . after losing Arc Royal, the Warden Wolves voted not to return to the Crusaders per Shattered Fortress IIRC- they left with Calamity.  Some individuals did, but some that the Crusaders ended up with were like Anastasia or Alexa Wolf (Stormhammers officer) and just folks who left the Warden Wolves b/c they felt stagnate.  Steel Wolves were Crusader descendants anyway . . . or wannabes/abathka . . . and what Anastasia did not keep for the Wolf Hunters fragmented 3x though only one group is still kicking as mercs per one of the 3145 books.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #1141 on: 14 May 2020, 11:48:04 »
I would like to have the Dragoons get annihilated by the Wolves.
To begin a new era, the symbols of the old must die.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

klarg1

• Captain
« Reply #1142 on: 14 May 2020, 18:41:49 »
Daoshen: We secretly replaced Alaric Steiner-Davion-Ward-Wolf with a clone of Max Liao.  WE are ilClan now!

That... would definitely be something.

I'd read it.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #1143 on: 14 May 2020, 18:58:05 »

I wouldn't mind that either to be honest I hope ilClan will change the map dramatically with the Clans completing their birthright in conquering the Inner Sphere just the question who will lead the Falcon, Wolf or Bear?
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Wolf72

• Captain
« Reply #1144 on: 14 May 2020, 19:12:14 »

You speak like a Lannister!
"We're caught in the moon's gravitational pull, what do we do?!"

CI KS #1357; Merc KS #9798

"We're sending a squad up."

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #1145 on: 14 May 2020, 20:41:00 »
As long as it is handled better than Dying Time.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Ruger

• BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
« Reply #1146 on: 14 May 2020, 20:57:46 »

You know, now that I think about it, that is how much of the final season of Game of Thrones (and Lost come to think of it) felt to me. Just like Dying Time.

Ruger
"If someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

"Who I am is where I stand. Where I stand is where I fall...Stand with me." - The Doctor, The Doctor Falls, Doctor Who

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #1147 on: 14 May 2020, 21:20:52 »
You know, now that I think about it, that is how much of the final season of Game of Thrones (and Lost come to think of it) felt to me. Just like Dying Time.

Ruger

It was a little worse for me, I lost a family member just before the book hit the shelves. It... was not a good time for me.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #1148 on: 15 May 2020, 06:10:39 »
Ooof. This is the one that almost had me quit BT. Mood whiplash from Op Excalibur to this plus it felt like someone's revenge fantasy on a unit they didn't like much. Only reason I finished was hope that everything would turn out in the end... :'(

When Herb and Company's "Oops, accidentally killed the Black Thorns" or "Alex Carlyle was on Tharkad when the reactor went up" makes more sense than The Dying Time...

*BACK ON TOPIC!*

Looks like the new novella will hit Kindles on Monday if you Buy It Now on Amazon, so there is that. Also, the summary doesn't feel like an Annihilation is in the cards. Good, though even if they did, there's still enough Great House materials to have the carryover effect to not feel so jarring.

See Old Man Steiner-Davion in the first MWDA novel.

BTW, Cubby, any ETA on getting MWDA novels digitized and made available for sale?
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1149 on: 15 May 2020, 06:44:37 »
I finally got Shell Games book to work on my Chrome browser which is annoying. Awesome book! I'm so surprised how a book size of novella felt like full on novel.  Jason did a bang up job with this book.  An interesting one, though i have say if i were disappointed it was for one reason. They had Duat-Class DropShip, Yet NOT Superheavy BattleMechs?? That's what ship FOR! What a let down.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #1150 on: 15 May 2020, 07:21:11 »
They had Duat-Class DropShip, Yet NOT Superheavy BattleMechs?? That's what ship FOR! What a let down.

Don't worry. I'm sure you'll see them in action sooner or later.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1151 on: 15 May 2020, 09:09:16 »
BTW, Cubby, any ETA on getting MWDA novels digitized and made available for sale?

I support this, some went digital and some did not . . . and some quit being digital before I could pick them up.  I think the forums can pick out at least 4 that do not need to be released . . . Del Rio's drek (and that is as nice as I can be) along with Ruins of Paper . . . but it would be nice to get a lot of the later (and better) ones out in epub, it would help lead to the Dark Age era.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
« Reply #1152 on: 15 May 2020, 09:14:26 »

Nothing I can share publicly at this time; however, it's an active effort. They're not being ignored, nor is the value of their availability.
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1153 on: 15 May 2020, 09:26:23 »
Excellent answer and not one I think I had heard before . . . I know I missed some of the novels when they were printed, like one of the later ones covering Katana Tormark's rise to Warlord Dieron, so filling in the gaps would be great.  The ones I have digitally are 10, 12, 18, 25-30 though I think I have 1 through 14 or 15 in paper and then sprinkled novels after.

I have duplicated most of my paperbacks with epub just b/c I can take the whole collection on my kindle while I travel or have to wait places.  So 40+ novels, have not counted, TW, TM, TacOps, StratOps, IO, CampOps . . . handful of Tourings, FMs & ERs, I think something like 30+ rules or sourcebooks or materials.
Colt Ward

LightGuard

• Master Sergeant
  • They called him Camouflage
« Reply #1154 on: 15 May 2020, 10:09:49 »
Nothing I can share publicly at this time; however, it's an active effort. They're not being ignored, nor is the value of their availability.

Glad to know they're being worked on, I missed out on anything after Blood Avatar, which I still haven't finished...
The Things I Do for Love...

Do not try to apply real-world logic to Battletech.  Naught lies there but madness and ruin. - moneylovingogre4hire

That's fine, then.  I've been waiting since 2014 or so, what's another year?  Time laughs at all things, but BattleTech laughs at time.  Then launches a trial of possession for it. - rebs

Gaiiten

• Captain
  • Can not get enough of BattleTech!
« Reply #1155 on: 15 May 2020, 10:23:42 »
I finally got Shell Games book to work on my Chrome browser which is annoying. Awesome book! I'm so surprised how a book size of novella felt like full on novel.  Jason did a bang up job with this book.  An interesting one, though i have say if i were disappointed it was for one reason. They had Duat-Class DropShip, Yet NOT Superheavy BattleMechs?? That's what ship FOR! What a let down.
It is great that Jason Schmetzer (seemingly) returned to write for BattleTech again.  :thumbsup:

Ben Rome is somewhat snarky about.
Crush yah enumhees, see dem drivun befor you, and hear de lamuntatuns of de veemon!

Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1156 on: 15 May 2020, 10:31:47 »
Glad to know they're being worked on, I missed out on anything after Blood Avatar, which I still haven't finished...

You know #10, Flight of the Falcon by Victor Milan is still available on Amazon?  Its the only one any longer, but its a good read and introduces you to Mad Malvina.
Colt Ward

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #1157 on: 15 May 2020, 12:17:35 »
And remember that we re-released A Bonfire of Worlds as a POD product not too long ago.

Knightmare

• BattleTech Developer
  • System Admin
  • Warrant Officer
  • Wrench'in it
    • BattleTech.com
« Reply #1158 on: 15 May 2020, 12:42:32 »
Oh, don't mind me. I'm just looking at some gorgeous ’Mech art from David White for TRO: Golden Century.

IF you're all good little MechWarriors you might get to see a sneak preview.  ;)
BeemerCon Summarized. Knightmare, end of turn: "How come none of my weapons fired?"
Look, dude, when you are a real mechwarrior you don't need to get all dressed up in cooling suits and cool helmets to work on your mech. You just strip down to your 1980s panties and crop top vest and start wrenchin' it.
Yen Lo Wang = David Lo Pan

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1159 on: 15 May 2020, 13:02:42 »
I would rather see the table of contents . . .
Colt Ward

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #1160 on: 15 May 2020, 13:04:50 »
IF you're all good little MechWarriors you might get to see a sneak preview.  ;)
Yay!  :D :rockon:
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #1161 on: 15 May 2020, 13:06:28 »
Oh, don't mind me. I'm just looking at some gorgeous ’Mech art from David White for TRO: Golden Century.

What about good little Aerospace pilots?  ^-^
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Cubby

• BattleTech Developer
  • Major
« Reply #1162 on: 15 May 2020, 13:06:55 »
Now Available: Spotlight On: The Crazy Eights in PDF; First Succession War, Second Succession War in Print-on-Demand

A new PDF release is available, and two out-of-print books are back in Print-on-Demand!

And coming in two weeks, on May 29 - Touring the Stars: Jardine.

Spotlight On: The Crazy Eights (PDF Only - $3.99)

There is no company more fitting as heralds of the Davion sword and sunburst than the Crazy Eights, and even fewer regiments in the AFFS with as storied and lengthy history as the Eighth Company of the Twentieth Avalon Hussars. Disbanded and lost during the Word of Blake’s Jihad, the Crazy Eights were reformed when the call to war once again compelled the Federated Suns to raise new regiments for the protection of the realm. Now, as House Davion’s ancient enemy bears down on New Avalon in this new Dark Age, the Crazy Eights are one of the few to stand in the Dragon’s path.

Spotlight On: The Crazy Eights includes a Unit History, Personalities, Personnel Rosters, Mission Tracks, and data for use with all scales of BattleTech play.

Catalyst Game Labs Store
DriveThruRPG

First Succession War (Print-on-Demand - $34.99 // PDF - $14.99)

THE DREAM IS OVER

In 2784, the departure of General Alexsandr Kerensky and the remnants of the SLDF from known space leaves the Inner Sphere balanced on a knife-edge. With no Star League to keep the House Lords in check, greed, ambition and old grudges come to the fore once more, propelling the five remaining Great Houses into a war that threatens human civilization itself: The First Succession War.

The First Succession War describes the most devastating conflict ever fought by mankind as the five Great Houses battle for supremacy in the ruins of the Star League. Covering the collapse of the Star League, the militarization of the Inner Sphere and the horrors that ensued, this volume provides a detailed look at the major actions of the war, the motivations of its participants, and the deadly consequences of their decisions.

DriveThruRPG Print-on-Demand: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/182099/BattleTech-First-Succession-War
Catalyst Game Labs web store PDF: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-first-succession-war-pdf

Second Succession War (Print-on-Demand - $34.99 // PDF - $14.99)

WAR TO END ALL WARS

By 2821, the “Great Succession War” has ground to a halt, the participants seeking desperate respite and to forge a new peace and hope for mankind. Yet not everyone shares this ideal and soon secret machinations undermine the peace efforts and propel the Inner Sphere into a new round of violence. Soon brother will be set against brother and madness will reign once more: The Second Succession War.

The Second Succession War covers the aftermath of the titanic First Succession War and the Great Houses efforts to survive before the machinations of Conrad Toyama propel them into a new round of blood-letting. Detailing the efforts to build a peace while preparing for a new war, this volume showcases the causes and consequences of the Second Succession War, as well as the politics and stresses between and within the Great Houses.

DriveThruRPG Print-on-Demand: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/216757/BattleTech-Second-Succession-War
Catalyst Game Labs web store PDF: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/products/battletech-second-succession-war-pdf

PsylockeSmythe

• Corporal
« Reply #1163 on: 15 May 2020, 13:26:03 »
Just ordered the PoD version of First Succession Wars, will order the 2nd in a few weeks.  Already spent enough of Battletech stuff this month.

Psy

Weirdo

• Painter of Borth the Magic Puma
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major General
  • We can do it. We have to.
    • Christina Dickinson Writes
« Reply #1164 on: 15 May 2020, 13:54:05 »
Waitwaitwait.

JARDINE?!??! :o
My wife writes books
"Thanks to Megamek, I can finally play BattleTech the way it was meant to be played--pantsless!"   -Neko Bijin
"...finally, giant space panties don't seem so strange." - Whistler
"Damn you, Weirdo... Damn you for being right!" - Paul
"...I was this many years old when I found out that licking a touchscreen in excitement is a bad idea." - JadeHellbringer
"We are the tribal elders. Weirdo is the mushroom specialist." - Worktroll

mrbooth

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1165 on: 15 May 2020, 13:56:14 »

Some of us have been waiting patiently for years for this book, preview please.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1166 on: 15 May 2020, 14:06:39 »
Waitwaitwait.

SECRETS WILL BE REVEALED

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #1167 on: 15 May 2020, 14:14:45 »

Well, you should know by now that nobody good comes here.

How about a bribe instead? I can offer an unopened 4 pack of toilet paper.
I have spoken.

Fat Guy

• Major
  • I make beer disappear. What's your superpower?
« Reply #1168 on: 15 May 2020, 14:28:18 »
Just used my coupon code on Crazy Eights.  :thumbsup:
I have spoken.

Kit deSummersville

• Precentor of Lies
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • The epicness continues!
    • Insights and Complaints on Twitter
« Reply #1169 on: 15 May 2020, 14:34:59 »
Waitwaitwait.

A typo, it should be Sjardijn. Its a tour of Paul's house.
Looking for an official answer? Check the Catalyst Interaction Forums.

Freelancer for hire, not an official CGL or IMR representative.

Everyone else's job is easy, so tell them how to do it, everyone loves that!

Millard Fillmore's favorite BattleTech writer.

Register