Author Topic: Playing with clix  (Read 1640 times)

DarkSpade

• Major
Playing with clix
« on: 14 December 2019, 13:46:26 »
Anyone play Alpha Strike using the old clix figures?   How do you handle firing arcs with round and oval bases? 

I've got a friend that I haven't been able to get to try anything battletech in large part because he hates most of the battletech minis, but he's had favorable reactions to the clix minis.  Figured if I get a cool looking table together, I'd have a good chance of convincing him to give it a go, but I don't feel like rebasing all my clix figs to hexes.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Greywind

• Lieutenant
Re: Playing with clix
« Reply #1 on: 14 December 2019, 16:07:53 »
Just put a mark on the base where the vertex lies from the hex base. Six small marks from a paint pen. No reason at all to rebase.

gunner

• Sergeant
  • Todays a good day to die, YOU FIRST
« Reply #2 on: 14 December 2019, 22:31:00 »
litko makes a large base that fits quite well.  I had 200+ rebased ones before THE Group  forced the rule  no agent event can  use non Iron wind minis
Long life through fire superiority
IN range  and ON target  M 60 MG

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 16 December 2019, 19:05:34 »
I've considered that, but I'd rather not spend the time and money rebasing everything unless the game becomes a regular on my table.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Simon Landmine

• Lieutenant
  • Enthusiastic mapmaker
« Reply #4 on: 16 December 2019, 21:10:48 »
Just put a mark on the base where the vertex lies from the hex base. Six small marks from a paint pen. No reason at all to rebase.

Yep, that's what I'd suggest too! Should work a treat.
"That's Lieutenant Faceplant to you, Corporal!"

Things that I have learnt through clicking too fast on 'Move Done' on MegaMek: Double-check the CF of the building before jumping onto it, check artillery arrival times before standing in the neighbouring hex, and don't run across your own minefield.

"Hmm, I wonder if I can turn this into a MM map."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #5 on: 21 December 2019, 16:17:58 »
Proxie Models sells 40mm and 50mm hex bases as well

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #6 on: 22 December 2019, 11:21:42 »
I do have some hexes I could use as a template to mark the mech bases.  How would that work for tank bases though?

As for where I can get hexes to rebase, I still have no interest in rebasing several hundred minis.

Andrew_Cluetain

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Corporal
  • Sniper Mech?
« Reply #7 on: 29 December 2019, 19:30:28 »
Ok, have some ideas this, and I'm assuming you are using the original bases still.  First off for the odd shaped Vee bases, the solution is to measure EVERYthing from center dot to center dot. Then for the only arc that matters in Alpha, you need to determine the back "flat" for the divide between front and rear arc. Also, depending on area you've got to play with, maybe multiply ranges, including Melee reach, by 1.5 to 2.
Remember us Ravens seek the ultmate highground, space.

CSR Beta Galaxy

Register