Author Topic: GW stole Battletech designs, too? I laughed so hard....  (Read 10008 times)

Dread Moores

• Captain
Re: GW stole Battletech designs, too? I laughed so hard....
« Reply #30 on: 14 August 2011, 11:48:58 »
could be a vindy, it screamed Jav to me when i saw it first.

( modded) upon further review i still see it as a javelin. the head still says javelin and the center torso on the sam looks like it's covering missile racks.

More importantly, it has the radar dish on the right side of the head, and not the laser on the left side of the head.

Dr Lucky

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: 14 August 2011, 12:56:43 »
This may help ya brother  :)

http://camospecs.com/Miniature.asp?ID=5649

That is far and away the best looking Javelin I have ever seen.  The reposing is subtle but turns the slightly awkward lean of the normal model into a natural looking stance.  The painting job is superb as well.

I was so proud of the Javelin I painted last week until I saw this...

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #32 on: 14 August 2011, 13:19:40 »
If you do your best you should always be proud of your paint jobs. There will always be better painters out there.Heck, my wife paints minis better than me.
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #33 on: 14 August 2011, 13:37:51 »
If you do your best you should always be proud of your paint jobs. There will always be better painters out there.Heck, my wife paints minis better than me.

The <12 children of one of the guys in my playgroup sometimes turn out some surprisingly good material as well... that said, I'm never afraid to put my painted minis out... even if the only award they'd ever win is 'You painted that without a blindfold  :o?'

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?