Poll

What Happened To Clan Wolverine?

They made contact with ComStar, colonized the Hidden Worlds and fought in the Jihad.
118 (32.5%)
They invaded Nueva Castille and became the Umayyads.
40 (11%)
They colonized McEverdy's Folly and forgot their history.
40 (11%)
They settled somewhere beyond the Magistracy of Canopus.
82 (22.6%)
Other?
83 (22.9%)

Total Members Voted: 240

Author Topic: What Happened To Clan Wolverine?  (Read 63449 times)

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
  • Highest MUP Quotient on the forums.
What Happened To Clan Wolverine?
« on: 08 October 2011, 11:08:17 »
I'm curious as to what the general consensus is regarding the fate of the Wolverines. I tried to include all the possibilities that have been suggested at in canon. If I missed any, let me know. You can vote for multiple options if you wish, as none of these scenarios are mutually exclusive. And if you vote "Other", please let us know what your theory is!

SteveRestless

• Major
Re: What Happened To Clan Wolverine?
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2011, 11:14:44 »
Canon is so frustratingly vague on this matter... is it just another baseless rumor, or is it the truth? I buy my sourcebooks for truth, I can speculate well enough on my own. But enough of my frustration with Speculationbooks over Sourcebooks.

My take, is that PART of the Wolverine survivors wound up as this dark force within comstar. and another part of them is out there, somewhere else, gone for good. Possibly, if you believe the old stock answer, holding back the aliens that shouldnt be in battletech.
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Hawkeye Jim

• Captain
  • I'm small but sneaky
« Reply #2 on: 08 October 2011, 11:32:01 »
My thinking is that if there are other hidden Star League colonies out there, they may have been founded by some of Kerensky's followers who misjumped and never rejoined the fleet, perhaps on purpose.

Dragon Cat

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Not Dead Until I Say So
« Reply #3 on: 08 October 2011, 11:53:15 »
Other - all of above
My three main Alternate Timeline with Thanks fan-fiction threads are in the links below. I'm always open to suggestions or additions to be incorporated so if you feel you wish to add something feel free. There's non-canon units, equipment, people, events, erm... Solar Systems spread throughout so please enjoy

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,20515.0.html - Part 1

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,52013.0.html - Part 2

https://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php/topic,79196.0.html - Part 3

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #4 on: 08 October 2011, 12:05:20 »
You know, you can vote for multiple options.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #5 on: 08 October 2011, 12:08:12 »
I believe a small group joined with ComStar and that the rest became the Umayyads.  'Course, I'd have no problem with being proven wrong.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #6 on: 08 October 2011, 12:08:56 »
moved to Canada and invested in yellow spandex
We are Clan Snow Raven. Masters of the void, and reapers of your souls

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Neufeld

• Captain
  • Raven, Lyran, Horse, Capellan, Canopian, Bear
« Reply #7 on: 08 October 2011, 12:19:15 »
In my opinion they were the Minnesota tribe, but they did not join Comstar/WoB. The whole WoB connection sounds more and more like a fabrication to get the Bears involved.

Maybe the Wolverines are hiding on Savonburg?

"Real men and women do not need Terra"
-- Grendel Roberts
"
We will be used to subdue the Capellan Confederation. We will be used to bring the Free Worlds League to heel. We will be used to
hunt bandits and support corrupt rulers and to reinforce the evils of the Inner Sphere that drove our ancestors from it so long ago."
-- Elias Crichell

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #8 on: 08 October 2011, 12:23:15 »
moved to Canada and invested in yellow spandex

No one in Canada wears yellow spandex.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Dread Moores

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 08 October 2011, 12:46:00 »
No one in Canada wears yellow spandex.

The Kids in the Hall would like to disagree with you.  ;D

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 08 October 2011, 12:51:24 »
The Kids in the Hall would like to disagree with you.  ;D

Ah, but do any of them still live in Canada?  ;)

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #11 on: 08 October 2011, 12:54:11 »
So would this guy

befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.
— From a post on rpg.net

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #12 on: 08 October 2011, 12:55:01 »
Fine, I concede the point.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #13 on: 08 October 2011, 13:06:02 »
good. Then I can try and be serious. Briefly.

1> Minesota Tribe. Too much like to be otherwise, Comstar didn't know who they where (at the time)
2> parts of met up and perhaps joined with Comstar. Not really sure on that though some of the in universe theories seem to support it

— From a post on rpg.net

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #14 on: 08 October 2011, 13:32:37 »
Parts went with Comstar, some others just went into the Periph and decided to make a life for themselves away from everyone else.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

verybad

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: 08 October 2011, 17:25:17 »
You know, you can vote for multiple options.
Good, I voted for all of them.
Let Miley lick the hammers!

Deadborder

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Technical Victory!
    • Elmer Studios Blog
« Reply #16 on: 08 October 2011, 17:58:24 »
Defintely a huge-arse supporter of the Wolverine-WoB connectipon here. It's so cracky it's awesome
Author of BattleCorps stories Grand Theft Agro and Zero Signal

How to Draw MegaMek Icons the Deadborder Way. Over 9000 so far. Determination or madness?

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #17 on: 08 October 2011, 19:05:59 »
I voted other, I believe the wolverines split up and went in several directions. Some joined WoB, mostly civvies, a small number went off in a survey mission and became the Umayyads, and the rest went and settled in the periphery had a failed colony and went further out and are now fighting aliens and will not be seen again as aliens are not what battletech is about.   ;)
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

Cerberus_02

• Master Sergeant
  • I draw stuff for a miniatures company
« Reply #18 on: 08 October 2011, 19:28:35 »
I voted other, I believe the wolverines split up and went in several directions. Some joined WoB, mostly civvies, a small number went off in a survey mission and became the Umayyads, and the rest went and settled in the periphery had a failed colony and went further out and are now fighting aliens and will not be seen again as aliens are not what battletech is about.   ;)
I'm okay with Clan Wolverine on a relief mission to "Far Country," to bring Locust-worshipping xenos to the Inner Sphere...
1st Battalion, 91st Royal Battlemech Regiment, 26th Light Brigade Combat Team, 61st Infantry Division, XXVII Corps, Eleventh Army, SLDF

Peacemaker

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: 08 October 2011, 21:30:41 »

If you believe different canon theories are true, you can vote for multiple options instead of voting "Other".

Atlas3060

• ugh this guy again
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Just some rando
« Reply #20 on: 09 October 2011, 11:22:47 »
I'm okay with Clan Wolverine on a relief mission to "Far Country," to bring Locust-worshipping xenos to the Inner Sphere...
They brought them over only to start up a tasty chicken franchise like the Popplers in Futurama.
It's not about winning or losing, no it's all about how many chapters have you added to the rule books after your crazy antics.

ShadowRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 09 October 2011, 14:36:04 »
mmmm. Minnesota Fried Bird-thing  {>{>

— From a post on rpg.net

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #22 on: 09 October 2011, 14:37:13 »
Seasoned with the Khan's 331 special herbs and spices no doubt ;)

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #23 on: 09 October 2011, 14:43:42 »

I'm not sure there ARE 331 herbs and spices in existence.  Then again, you can really use pretty much any leaf you want as an herb.  The question is, do you REALLY want to?
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Stormlion1

• Colonel
  • Apparently Im a rare survivor of the 1st!
« Reply #24 on: 09 October 2011, 15:10:02 »
I'm not sure there ARE 331 herbs and spices in existence.  Then again, you can really use pretty much any leaf you want as an herb.  The question is, do you REALLY want to?

The Inner Sphere and the Clan Homeworlds are a big place, by 3075 there probably are 331 usable spices on every cooks spice rack. pass the ground up Tetetae pleaste.
I don't set an example for others. I make examples of them.

jklantern

• LAM of Shame
  • Major
  • Designated Snack Officer of the Diamond Khanate
« Reply #25 on: 09 October 2011, 15:20:56 »
The Inner Sphere and the Clan Homeworlds are a big place, by 3075 there probably are 331 usable spices on every cooks spice rack. pass the ground up Tetetae pleaste.

I wonder if tetetae has a more mild flavor like chicken, or a richer, more savory flavor like duck?
I'm not sure how long you've been around on the forums, though you have a thousand posts. Never take anything JKlantern says seriously unless it's about food.

Hotpoint

• Master Sergeant
  • Rumours of annihilation are grossly exaggerated
« Reply #26 on: 09 October 2011, 15:41:14 »
mmmm. Minnesota Fried Bird-thing  {>{>

Unfortunately Sanders is a Wolf Bloodname not a Wolverine one and the latter probably doesn't use the rank of Star Colonel any more.  :P
"A dread fear rests deep in the heart of Clan Coyote that one day a lawyer will arrive on Tamaron talking about intellectual property rights, the Mercury II and the Coyotl omnimech and this will herald the end of the Clan as the Not-Named sue their asses into bankruptcy for patent infringement" - The True History of the Clans (Dark Caste Press: 3050)

Hunted Tribes - Hotpoint's Battlestar/Battletech Crossover Series

ColBosch

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Legends Never Die
« Reply #27 on: 09 October 2011, 15:50:50 »
Can we get back on topic?

I voted for McEvedy's Folly, though "continued on" is more probable. I don't buy the Wolverine-WoB connection; I think it was the "Zimmerman Telegram" of the Jihad.
BattleTech is a huge house, it's not any one fan's or "type" of fans.  If you need to relieve yourself, use the bathroom not another BattleTech fan. - nckestrel
1st and 2nd Succession Wars are not happy times. - klarg1
Check my Ogre Flickr page! https://flic.kr/s/aHsmcLnb7v and https://flic.kr/s/aHsksV83ZP

Cerberus_02

• Master Sergeant
  • I draw stuff for a miniatures company
« Reply #28 on: 09 October 2011, 15:51:55 »
...you can really use pretty much any leaf you want as an herb.  The question is, do you REALLY want to?
Well, so long as someone didn't use the leaves for another purpose prior to me using them for cooking...
1st Battalion, 91st Royal Battlemech Regiment, 26th Light Brigade Combat Team, 61st Infantry Division, XXVII Corps, Eleventh Army, SLDF

VF1LAM

• Major
  • Fifth Crucis Lancers
« Reply #29 on: 09 October 2011, 16:08:18 »
They're somewhere in the Deep Periphery; maybe they are holding back the aliens.
Federated Commonwealth -- One more MechAssault if you want to be free!

Register