Author Topic: Star Wars - The Bad Batch  (Read 4002 times)

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
Re: Star Wars - The Bad Batch
« Reply #30 on: 06 April 2021, 09:34:31 »
That is Fennec. Ming-Na Wen is providing the voice.

Nice,  I was trying to figure out why that looked/sounded familiar.

I was thinking maybe it was Asajj or Sabine's older Merc friend from Rebels.
3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #31 on: 06 April 2021, 12:13:13 »
I kind of look at it as a view of the Kaminoans perception and morality regarding their industry, and various issues.

for some reason the Kaminoans do not have a very high opinion of clones.  and In a way I totally get it, to them they are a product, mass produced and interchangeable.
2 they have a contract, and the impression I always got was that to the Kaminoans a contract is pretty much sacred.
the vast majority of the clones were produced to more or less identical specifications (genetic clones of Jango, with tweaking to make them have less individuality, and less questioning of orders)
with that said there is either some issues with the cloning process they use, leading to a certain percentage of "losses" (read mutations) or they are occasionally introducing batches of clones that have slightly different specs, (read genetic engineering to see if they can get some "better" results that lead to a higher quality product)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #32 on: 06 April 2021, 12:23:48 »
It goes a little more than that. I'm currently chewing through the CLONE WARS series to get up to speed before BAD BATCH, and the episode I just finished watching yesterday was:

SEASON 3, EPISODE 1: CLONE CADETS

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1707609/?ref_=ttep_ep1

In the episode, the Kaminoan was expressing to Shaak Ti how Domino Squad was a 'bad batch' and that the Jedi's needed to procure a new source of genetic material as the current material of Jango was getting 'thin'.

So, it greatly expounds on how to Kaminoas, the clones are just that, an end product, and the raw materials are running out. Not sure if it's a case of can only be stored for so long before decay gets in, or they've tweaked them to extent that they can.

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Hellraiser

• Colonel
  • Cry Havoc and Unleash the Gods of Fiat.
« Reply #33 on: 07 April 2021, 22:29:37 »
In the episode, the Kaminoan was expressing to Shaak Ti how Domino Squad was a 'bad batch' and that the Jedi's needed to procure a new source of genetic material as the current material of Jango was getting 'thin'.

So, it greatly expounds on how to Kaminoas, the clones are just that, an end product, and the raw materials are running out. Not sure if it's a case of can only be stored for so long before decay gets in, or they've tweaked them to extent that they can.

I'm thinking its probably more an issue of not everyone is "IDENTICAL",  think of the clans,  they mix DNA from 2 great warriors,  make 100 kids,  and then 2-3 become warriors.

Children aren't the same as their parents in every aspect,  NFL stars don't always spawn NFL star children,  etc etc.

My guess w/ the cadets is they were testing poorly not that they were flawed, per se.

But it might also be that since Jango was gone they were running out of "fresh" doses of genes as you mentioned.

Or Could be an issue of being a Photocopy of a photocopy of a photocopy.... you get the picture......

3041: General Lance Hawkins: The Equalizers
3053: Star Colonel Rexor Kerensky: The Silver Wolves

"I don't shoot Urbanmechs, I walk up, stomp on their foot, wait for the head to pop open & drop in a hand grenade (or Elemental)" - Joel47
Against mechs, infantry have two options: Run screaming from Godzilla, or giggle under your breath as the arrogant fools blunder into your trap. - Weirdo

Register