Author Topic: Ghostbusters: Afterlife Trailer  (Read 5886 times)

guardiandashi

• Major
Re: Ghostbusters: Afterlife Trailer
« Reply #30 on: 12 December 2019, 13:20:08 »
The whole grandpa left us the farm implied to me that they were ray's grandkids or at least the main character of the trailer  ie they had to move to the farm because nothing left, and ray was the one that took out the 3rd  mortgage on the farm to finance the startup.
It does sound like he also got enough money from their business to pay off all the loans

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #31 on: 12 December 2019, 13:50:08 »
All the clues point to it being Egon, including the grand daughter's appearance. ("Who are you?" Followed by the reveal of Spengler's coveralls. ) Ramis is also the only original (hero) actor who has passed away and this would be a great way to handle that. I'm also guessing that their grandmother is not Janine... probably not even a character we've seen before.

glitterboy2098

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • The Temple Grounds - My Roleplaying and History website
« Reply #32 on: 12 December 2019, 16:39:31 »
So these are Egon Spengler's grand children?  Who did Egon gotten together with? i only think it was Egon since he was the one who collected the fungus and mold?  I keep picturing the kids more resemble him.

in the GB2 scene where Egon and Ray meet up with peter, you get this line:
Peter Venkman: Hi, Egon. How's school? I bet those science chicks really dig that large cranium of yours, huh?
Egon: I think they're more interested in my epididymis.

suggesting that maybe Egon wound up with one of his grad students?

That's what I was thinking. But it's weird that there hasn't been any ghost in 30 years though.
Containment Union must have been somehow transported on a special thing I mean how else can you explain how they move something that needs a lot of power physically to a new location.
eh, this isn't a unknown thing for the setting. in Extreme Ghostbusters, there hadn't been a ghost sighting for over a decade, and the team had moved on to other things, with Egon teaching an advanced class in parapsychology and physics using the stuff he'd learned as a ghostbuster. when a new source of ghosts crops up, his students end up as the new team.

honestly this has some of the same feel, only for the live action continuity.

perhaps ghosts require a certain level of background energy to manifest, which in GB1 was being provided by Ivo Shandor's high rise temple, and in GB2 by the possessed painting of Vigo the Carpathian. (the videogame actually links these two, by having the mood slime tunnels being the result of a mechanism Shandor built into the geography of Manhattan to concentrate spiritual energy.. which created the slime. and Vigo just tapped into this to get the energy needed for the events of the 2nd film)

in the trailer, it looks like the kids visit a "shandor ranch", so perhaps the thing in the old mine is a nexus of power, and with it starting to act up, ghosts can again manifest ectoplasmically.
« Last Edit: 12 December 2019, 16:52:36 by glitterboy2098 »

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #33 on: 14 December 2019, 02:07:29 »
in the GB2 scene where Egon and Ray meet up with peter, you get this line:
Peter Venkman: Hi, Egon. How's school? I bet those science chicks really dig that large cranium of yours, huh?
Egon: I think they're more interested in my epididymis.

suggesting that maybe Egon wound up with one of his grad students?

I doubt that they'd do in a movie today.  I think we all know the Rule 4 reason that that would be frowned on and don't need to discuss it here.

I'm also leaning toward Ray being the grandfather, in part because of the farm and in part because they're pointing it so hard at Egon in that trailer that it feels like it's possibly an intentional red herring.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Orin J.

• Captain
  • I am to feared! Aw, come on guys...
« Reply #34 on: 14 December 2019, 03:46:18 »
I doubt that they'd do in a movie today.  I think we all know the Rule 4 reason that that would be frowned on and don't need to discuss it here.

I'm also leaning toward Ray being the grandfather, in part because of the farm and in part because they're pointing it so hard at Egon in that trailer that it feels like it's possibly an intentional red herring.

after the last film, i doubt hollywood's willing to risk any surprises in this honestly. i'm expecting a smooth, by-the-numbers nostalgabait flick that underwhelms fans but performs solidly as a summer popcorn flick and nothing more.

i mean i ain't happy with that but at least it's something better than scuttling the idea.  ^-^
The Grey Death Legion? Dead? Gotcha, wake me when it's back.....
--------------------------
Every once in a while things make sense.

Don't let these moments alarm you. They pass.

battlelukas1

• Recruit
« Reply #35 on: 30 July 2020, 08:42:59 »
Haha, I actually was not aware of the trailer - thank you for sharing.

It won´t be the same as the previous movies, however it is better than having nothing. ^-^ :D

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: 07 April 2021, 10:30:48 »
We have signs of life... err... afterlife?

https://youtu.be/X9eh37VDAG0

guardiandashi

• Major
« Reply #37 on: 07 April 2021, 11:50:56 »
We have signs of life... err... afterlife?

https://youtu.be/X9eh37VDAG0
is it just me or is that trailer just a little seriously creepy?

I mean I totally get that certain aspects of ghostbusters has always been creepy just because of the subject matter.  but some of the things the minipufts do is ... shudders.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #38 on: 07 April 2021, 12:30:46 »
Was that an advertisement for Ghostbusters or Baskin Robins?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #39 on: 07 April 2021, 13:24:42 »
or marshmellows
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
« Reply #40 on: 07 April 2021, 14:04:25 »

I mean I totally get that certain aspects of ghostbusters has always been creepy just because of the subject matter.  but some of the things the minipufts do is ... shudders.

Maybe I'm twisted... okay, no maybe about it... but I really liked the minipufts. I giggled. A lot. My wife even came out to check on me. She rolled her eyes.

Yes.
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: 07 April 2021, 14:48:42 »
Reminds me of Gremlins, but cute.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #42 on: 07 April 2021, 14:54:07 »
Hopefully, they'll be able release this soonish.
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

Cache

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: 07 April 2021, 14:55:57 »
They wouldn't have released the clip if they weren't building the hype for release.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #44 on: 07 April 2021, 18:05:37 »
Maybe creepy, but DEFINITELY hilarious! :toofunny:

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #45 on: 07 April 2021, 22:55:15 »
Filmed in my back yard.   :thumbsup:
I've seen the original trailer from last year.  Do you use a combine or bush-hog on that yard?   :o
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #46 on: 07 April 2021, 22:57:06 »
Reminds me of Gremlins, but cute.

I loved seeing that one holding the rod while roasting two others, then one lying down to make a s'more.
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #47 on: 08 April 2021, 06:04:09 »
Egon gotta come back from the dead and save these kids when blank hits the fan.  ;)
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki