Author Topic: Generic Team Yellow  (Read 1752 times)

Daemion

• Major
  • The Future of BattleTech
    • Never Tales and Other Daydreams
Generic Team Yellow
« on: 27 January 2018, 12:54:42 »
Well, not so generic. Team Red, as you all can guess, was representative of the Draconis Combine via it's iconic Sword of Light regiments.

Team Yellow is supposed to do the same for House Davion's Federated Suns/Commonwealth, but wouldn't you know it, the Feddies don't have anything remotely orange, yellow, or gold.

They ape their opponents or allies very well, with the Davion Brigade of Guards using blue, and a great many other brigades using some sort of green.

I wanted to steer away from either of those and decided to go with a psuedo-'White Hat' scheme: The Avalon Hussars. Originally, I wanted to use the 11th's white highlights, which some of you have seen.  It turns out that the 39th use gold and blue highlights on their light gray scheme. This will also compliment my choice for Team Green, as well.

So, the only thing yellow about Team Yellow (just like the Yellow trucks you see on the highway are actually orange) are the gold highlights and the color on the side of the transparent base.

These plastics are from two different sources, which you should recognize, and the first lance for Team Yellow is every iconic Davion Mech: Valkyrie, Enforcer, Rifleman, and JagerMech.
« Last Edit: 28 January 2018, 09:54:14 by Daemion »
It's your world. You can do anything you want in it. - Bob Ross

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

I helped make a game! ^_^  - Forge Of War: Tactics

Daemion

• Major
Re: Generic Team Yellow
« Reply #1 on: 27 January 2018, 13:03:26 »
The Valkyrie -

Since my goal with my colored teams is all plastic, with only a few exceptions (See Team Orange - forthcoming), I wasn't about to try to saw my metal Valkyrie off its base just to pin it to transparent plastic. This is obviously from the Robotech RPG Tactics, and I decided I wanted to have a little fun with the mod. Instead of imbedding the LRM launcher in the chest, like had been done with the TRo Valk, I liked the idea of copying the Griffin and Vintage Shadow Hawk with an over-the-shoulder missile pod. Plenty of MLOPs from the RPG Tactics kits to work from. And, having bought a second starter box, this is what I did with the 6th Valkyrie Battloid.

Every thought and device conceived by Satan and man must be explored and found wanting. - Donald Grey Barnhouse on the purpose of history and time.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #2 on: 27 January 2018, 13:07:52 »
The Rifleman -

Only comment I have on this one, other than the source of mini being RPG Tactics: I've also fallen prey to the idea that one of the barrels houses the laser and the other the cannon. But, I remember someone looking at my old Team Tan Rifleman and noting an alternate location for the laser, which I took advantage of, here.

What's to say that both barrels on the Rifleman aren't part of a Pom-Pom style dual-barreled Autocannon, which is what the Robotech/Macross weapons are supposed to be? The lasers aren't that big, so there's a good place for them along the side of the arm.

Just a thought.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 27 January 2018, 13:14:01 »
Enforcer and Jagermech -

Two In-house Davion designs.

Note: I was originally going to leave the Rifleman unmodded, but since every other Mech was in an action pose, I had to put the guns up in firing position.

I already had that going for Team Brown, but since I've picked up some rare-earth magnets, I decided I'd be playing around with variants for Team Brown Mechs, and I have an idea for the JagLoRaM. So, static firing pose for Team Yellow.

Another note: These are two of the seven unreprinted Mechs from the Boxed set - they didn't get a copy made in the ongoing Lance Pack series. Kind of an odd choice since you can find them in almost every Davion Company or Battalion.

But, then again, it's kinda understandable, since they're very Davion and once you have a set, you really don't need too many more, because they're going in a Davion unit for most people.

Daemion

• Major
« Reply #4 on: 27 January 2018, 13:17:40 »
DavionsYellow versus Red Dragons.

Knights were always the ones they sent to slay evil dragons.

Someone please play out a game with these two lances and let me know how evenly it might be matched.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2018, 07:46:36 »
 O0

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2018, 09:01:34 »
Well done!  Really like the Valkyrie mod.   8) 8)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

Register