Author Topic: Society Ranks  (Read 867 times)

ravensword

• Sergeant
Society Ranks
« on: 12 July 2020, 21:15:09 »
Does anyone have any ideas about what ranks the Society forces (Un/Trey/Sept) use?  Standard clan ranks?  Something else?

I can't find a reference in Wars of Reaving or the Supplemental.  WoR has a general blurb about the civilian structure, but nothing specific about their military.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
Re: Society Ranks
« Reply #1 on: 12 July 2020, 21:44:17 »

Society leadership used terms like Scientist-General and Control Commander.  But I don’t think any clear, canon set of military ranks has been provided.  If their military units truly operated as secret cells, then the ranks were probably pretty flat and informal.

"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

Register