Author Topic: Units that may be involved in IlKhan's Eyes Only  (Read 1647 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
Re: Units that may be involved in IlKhan's Eyes Only
« Reply #30 on: 10 May 2024, 15:41:24 »
I wouldn't necessarily get my hopes up on that one. The Wolves as a Clan can't afford dissent at this particular juncture in their existence, and I'm sure they're all keenly aware of that fact. Plus it makes sense that they would be all in with Alaric now, given what he just accomplished (conquering Terra) and what he's working to accomplish (recreating the Star League). Not only do they have a seat at that table, they're a part of the ilClan and have helped/are helping to bring all of that about. I don't necessarily see them serving as the voice of dissent anytime soon... I think those voices left with the Dragoons and the Horses.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

BrianDavion

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: 10 May 2024, 17:41:01 »
I wouldn't necessarily get my hopes up on that one. The Wolves as a Clan can't afford dissent at this particular juncture in their existence, and I'm sure they're all keenly aware of that fact. Plus it makes sense that they would be all in with Alaric now, given what he just accomplished (conquering Terra) and what he's working to accomplish (recreating the Star League). Not only do they have a seat at that table, they're a part of the ilClan and have helped/are helping to bring all of that about. I don't necessarily see them serving as the voice of dissent anytime soon... I think those voices left with the Dragoons and the Horses.

one can have disagreement without dissent tassa. the clan has a clan council and discussions and debate on "well what now" could be intreasting if done well.

Battletech doesn't need another capellan confederation, a monolithic block where everyone buys into the exact same views as the leader. One is too many as is.
The Suns will shine again

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #32 on: 10 May 2024, 17:55:29 »
one can have disagreement without dissent tassa. the clan has a clan council and discussions and debate on "well what now" could be intreasting if done well.

I'm aware of that, Brian, and I stand by what I said. There's no reason to expect any disagreement in the Wolves right now, not while they're basking in the ultimate win. Maybe in the future, if things start going badly, but there's nothing to indicate that this is the case yet.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: 10 May 2024, 19:45:55 »
Let's just say that there's a reason we've consistently rated art below text when discussing issues of canon, and recent examples *gives Legends a side-eye* have not helped.

I'm torn. On one hand, Legends is such a cool concept. But the execution of the first sourcebook was so full of glaring errors that it made me wish they had waited another year or two to get the mechs and art right.

I'm hopeful that the longer wait for IKEO means we'll have less errors

Rob Bendig

• Private
« Reply #34 on: 10 May 2024, 23:17:30 »
I'm curious. Is there a list anywhere of the glaring errors in Legends?

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #35 on: 11 May 2024, 00:33:19 »
which is what I hope IS DONE WITH THE WOLVES IN EXILE.

turning the wolves into a 100% cult of personality around Alaric is a bad idea. the biggest problem the wolves have had since the refusal war is being turned into two clans with shallow personality cults.

Pattern says you're not going to get your wish, Brian.  'Cult of personality' seems to be the central part of victory in Battletech, along with the losers taking stupid pills and drink'n dat Jonestown Style Kool-Aid.

Katherine, Victor, The Master, Hanse Davion, Phelan-whatever-his-name-is-this-week, Vlad Ward, Sunny-boy Liao, etc etc. etc.  the trend is NOT toward effective factions that still contain dissent, disagreement, or opposition views, but toward single-point-of-view monoliths.  (Devlin Stone anyone?)

It strikes me, therefore, that now that theyr'e all one big happy Clan, all those differences will evaporate under the phantasmic Kharizma of Alaric.

I could be wrong, but it's the tendency in the property and one of those 'benchmarkers' along with making most effective leaders a relative of Hans.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

thedancingjoker

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: Today at 04:27:07 »
There's no reason to expect any disagreement in the Wolves right now, not while they're basking in the ultimate win. Maybe in the future, if things start going badly, but there's nothing to indicate that this is the case yet.

I agree with this, I just don't want to since Wolf-in-Exile was one of my favorite factions.  It became my favorite faction following the death of Comstar, so I'm feeling a bit cursed here.

Church14

• Lieutenant
« Reply #37 on: Today at 09:31:25 »
I agree with this, I just don't want to since Wolf-in-Exile was one of my favorite factions.  It became my favorite faction following the death of Comstar, so I'm feeling a bit cursed here.

I don’t care in any way about WiE, I still want something of them to survive. Even if it’s just “Alaric stops being wolf khan on paper, Chance becomes Khan, Miriam Shaw becomes saKhan and has some say in clan politics.”

There have been a lot of discussions around the death of RotS (and death of WiE applies here). With what little we’ve heard from Ray and them, my impression is the story group is conscious about fans of factions feeling like they got hung out to dry. There’s a desire that fans have some sort of ‘spiritual successor’ to enjoy.

Register