Author Topic: Online Exclusive Era Report 3062 Mech Pack on sale now....  (Read 6989 times)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
Title say it all, here is the new post

Enjoy...

Fallen_Raven

• Major
Re: Online Exclusive Era Report 3062 Mech Pack on sale now....
« Reply #1 on: 28 January 2012, 01:11:10 »
Sweet!!! I love that none of them seem to contain anything I already have (my collection is tiny). Seems like a great way for newer players to expand their collections near the modern eras.
Subtlety is for those who lack a bigger gun.

The Battletech Forums: The best friends you'll ever fire high-powered weaponry at.-JadeHellbringer

JoeJones

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #2 on: 28 January 2012, 07:22:54 »
I had a nerdgasm when I looked at the Liao Heavy/Assault pack....  [drool]

That is practically perfect in so many ways.

Siberian-troll

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 28 January 2012, 07:43:16 »
Weird selection in almost every pack

Capellan Confederation Heavy / Assault Lance

AR20-646 Jinggau
AR20-629 Ti Ts'ang
AR20-630 Yu Huang
20-616 Grand Titan

Why bring here FWL's Titan? Why not a Emperor or Pillager?

Draconis Combine Light / Medium Lance

Light and Medium Lance Pack

20-679 Raptor
AR20-648 Venom
20-893 Wolf Trap "Tora"
AR20-766 Lynx

And again, why Lynx? Why not an Daimyo, or Panther (soo desired by many unjumping variant from archives), or even Strider/Owens

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #4 on: 28 January 2012, 08:19:04 »
Weird selection in almost every pack

Capellan Confederation Heavy / Assault Lance

AR20-646 Jinggau
AR20-629 Ti Ts'ang
AR20-630 Yu Huang
20-616 Grand Titan

Why bring here FWL's Titan? Why not a Emperor or Pillager?

Draconis Combine Light / Medium Lance

Light and Medium Lance Pack

20-679 Raptor
AR20-648 Venom
20-893 Wolf Trap "Tora"
AR20-766 Lynx

And again, why Lynx? Why not an Daimyo, or Panther (soo desired by many unjumping variant from archives), or even Strider/Owens

The mech packs are based on the era report 3062 random assignment tables. I want to try not to repeat mech from the 3052 packs.

JoeJones

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #5 on: 28 January 2012, 09:16:26 »
The mech packs are based on the era report 3062 random assignment tables. I want to try not to repeat mech from the 3052 packs.

I've been trying to fill out models from some of the RATs, and the Capellan & St. Ives packs have quite a few of the models I need, plus many other models I've needed duplicates of...

Needless to say, when I get my tax return in, I'll most likely be ordering one of each of the Cappellan/St. Ives packs. Very happy Capellan fanboy here.  O0

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2012, 15:15:15 »
Nice.  I'm just disappointed that the FWL Heavy/Assault pack included an Emperor instead of a Sirocco, because then I could get a pack that contained only mechs I didn't have.  Think I might have to pick up one of those FRR Light/Medium packs, though, since I've been looking for a Beowulf and wouldn't mind getting a second Venom.

Also, just for clarification, the Nightsky included in the Lyran Medium/Light pack is the standard version, not the Fansculpts one, right?
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

TheDean

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #7 on: 28 January 2012, 18:14:18 »
And with the typical IWM style of things, they are accompanied by zero product photos! Sweet!  [soapbox]

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #8 on: 28 January 2012, 18:16:55 »
You can look up pictures of each of the mechs from each pack by using the individual product numbers.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #9 on: 28 January 2012, 20:14:31 »
And with the typical IWM style of things, they are accompanied by zero product photos! Sweet!  [soapbox]

First off these are online only product, not sold as a lance pack in distribution. All  of the figures have been out for some time and like it has been mentioned can be look up on the site . That is why I provide the model numbers in the description . I will have different generic images soon.

As for lack of pictures , that is being worked on . I just received the last few releases that lack pictures and will have them up here soon.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: 28 January 2012, 20:19:47 »
Nice.  I'm just disappointed that the FWL Heavy/Assault pack included an Emperor instead of a Sirocco, because then I could get a pack that contained only mechs I didn't have.  Think I might have to pick up one of those FRR Light/Medium packs, though, since I've been looking for a Beowulf and wouldn't mind getting a second Venom.

Also, just for clarification, the Nightsky included in the Lyran Medium/Light pack is the standard version, not the Fansculpts one, right?

It is the non fantech nightsky .

Let me look at that mech pack tomorrow.

I try to not repeat mech in the next mech pack so that you can build on a force for a faction that you buy. I have more planned out. I am leaning towards the next set based of field manual updates to have a mech pack for 3067 before the jihad.

TheDean

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #11 on: 28 January 2012, 20:34:20 »
Yeah, my mini rant was more of a wish that future releases (such as the stuff slated for release in 2 days) would have pictures by now. I just feel really uncomfortable with pre-ordering items without at least knowing what they look like.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #12 on: 28 January 2012, 20:52:50 »
Yeah, my mini rant was more of a wish that future releases (such as the stuff slated for release in 2 days) would have pictures by now. I just feel really uncomfortable with pre-ordering items without at least knowing what they look like.

That will change. Part of the reason that I have noting up in the coming soon. I just received the last few that don't have images on Friday. Will have pictures in the next week or so.

TheOldGuy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #13 on: 29 January 2012, 00:59:50 »
ITS THAT AN INITIATE I SEE!!!   :D

Thanks speck. 

Actually, no. You're trying to kill me right?

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #14 on: 29 January 2012, 03:02:27 »
On the Picture Issue, or Lack Of, to be more Specific, couldn't you post pictures of the Masters for the minis that you don't have finished pictures for? I know you've occasionally posted pictures of the "Master" of a mini, before it goes into production. Why couldn't you do that, in the cases where you don't have a photo of the finished mini, and add a note that the final product may look slightly different than the picture shown? Sure, it won't be a Painted mini, but at least people will have an idea as to what it will look like. Just a thought anyway.  O0
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

TheOldGuy

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 29 January 2012, 03:12:11 »
On the Picture Issue, or Lack Of, to be more Specific, couldn't you post pictures of the Masters for the minis that you don't have finished pictures for? I know you've occasionally posted pictures of the "Master" of a mini, before it goes into production. Why couldn't you do that, in the cases where you don't have a photo of the finished mini, and add a note that the final product may look slightly different than the picture shown? Sure, it won't be a Painted mini, but at least people will have an idea as to what it will look like. Just a thought anyway.  O0

I would just imagine that all this takes way more time than we receive benefit.  I'm very happy to have these mech packs and I'd imagine it creates a large hassle for speck/IWM to have all these pictures up when you can find them individually on the site.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #16 on: 29 January 2012, 03:19:59 »
I would just imagine that all this takes way more time than we receive benefit.  I'm very happy to have these mech packs and I'd imagine it creates a large hassle for speck/IWM to have all these pictures up when you can find them individually on the site.

You're correct, and I guess I should've been more specific. I wasn't referring to the 3062 Mech Packs so much as I was the "Regular" New Releases that get posted. All too often they'll post a new release, but they won't have a picture of it for a while after it's been available. That's when they should post a picture of the Master.

Better?  ???

;D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Siberian-troll

• Captain
« Reply #17 on: 29 January 2012, 06:08:08 »
Much simpler will be ask fans from fan-art forum for photoshopped 4-in-corners pics of already painted minis from Camospecs or private collections for most lance pack.
And them add there pics in store.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #18 on: 29 January 2012, 10:11:11 »

Once I get caught up with what I received from mike and get posted on the site. New releases will have images before they go up in the coming soon folder. I just need to catch up on the recent releases that are missing images . Issue will be solved soon.

TS_Hawk

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Major
« Reply #19 on: 29 January 2012, 13:58:22 »
When I am working I am going to have to get some of these.  Don't have the money right now :(

Thank you Hikage
Agent 694 N. Idaho

Redeye

• Recruit
« Reply #20 on: 29 January 2012, 16:53:27 »
Once I get caught up with what I received from mike and get posted on the site. New releases will have images before they go up in the coming soon folder. I just need to catch up on the recent releases that are missing images . Issue will be solved soon.
Does this mean we'll soon be getting a look at the Onager and Shadow Cat II?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #21 on: 29 January 2012, 20:38:04 »
Does this mean we'll soon be getting a look at the Onager and Shadow Cat II?

Yes, once mike sends them to me within in the next week or so

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Konrad ' Hengist " Littman Highlander 732b
« Reply #22 on: 01 February 2012, 13:47:15 »
This is very cool. Just wondering if you guys are going to do ones for other eras like Op:Klondike or War of Reaving and what about vehicle packs?
Lyran Commonwealth,6th Donegal Guards-Nightstar
Marian Hegemony, II Legio-Cataphract
Clan Hell's Horses, Gamma Galaxy-Summoner
Clan Grinch goat- gamma goat.

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #23 on: 01 February 2012, 14:39:40 »
This is very cool. Just wondering if you guys are going to do ones for other eras like Op:Klondike or War of Reaving and what about vehicle packs?

Yes, not sure about vehicle packs yet

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 01 February 2012, 16:22:19 »
Yes, not sure about vehicle packs yet

Cool, thanks. Keep it in the back of your mind. I think there would be a lot of desire for it.

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #25 on: 03 February 2012, 21:54:41 »
As a player coming back after 10 plus years (who's minis are MIA) these packs are awesome.  I have one partially assembled one in my shopping cart going on the next order and there are a couple other 3062 packs that have my attention.

Continually releasing new packs will keep me spending my money.

To the patient go the spoils

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #26 on: 03 February 2012, 22:07:00 »
What do you mean, partially assembled?

cold1

• Major
  • Goon
« Reply #27 on: 07 February 2012, 22:00:47 »
What do you mean, partially assembled?

5 mechs in the pack... 3 have all their little parts glued together and 2 are still in the little baggies thus the mech pack is partially assembled.  I shall remedy this on Saturday.

To the patient go the spoils

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #28 on: 08 February 2012, 01:17:31 »
Ah.  I put my minis together pretty quickly.  I've never really understood people who have unopened blisters months (or sometimes years) after they've bought them.

Col.Hengist

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #29 on: 08 February 2012, 08:49:49 »
Radiation shielding?  ;D

Seriously tho, i have a bunch of unopened blisters. It's more that i'm busy and i can get to them later or possibly i'm dreading putting another Mad IIc together or incert PP mech.

Register