Author Topic: IWM is moving  (Read 7497 times)

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
IWM is moving
« on: 13 February 2014, 22:51:42 »
See the Anouncement for more details

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
Re: IWM is moving
« Reply #1 on: 14 February 2014, 07:17:07 »
Where to?

speck

• IWM Web Support
  • Captain
« Reply #2 on: 14 February 2014, 08:29:59 »
Where to?

I will post the new address Wednesday, but its not far from where they are now. Its a larger building for them. I will try and get some new pictures when I am in Cinci near the end of March.

Dragon41673

• Captain
    • Aries Games & Miniatures
« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2014, 09:03:23 »
Yeah, I spoke to Melissa about this when getting some pricing for my store for parts that weren't listed on the site. Their current building is about 9 miles away, so it's not far at all...but the up side to the move, the new building is so large...their current building can fit inside of the new one & there's still a LOT of room to spare! Sounds like a WIN WIN situation for them. Yeah sure, they will be down for about 3 weeks...but the prospects of a larger building open up a LOT of stuff for us!
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

RebelRunner

• Warrant Officer
  • RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2014, 09:43:56 »
Awesome  :D O0
I guess I'll postpone ordering for a bit.
*God Bless Regulus.
*A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
* "Want someone out of a building for sure? Fire a magnesium parachute flare through the window. He’ll leave."

Azakael

• Warrant Officer
  • Brotherhood of Outreach - Until the Sword Breaks
« Reply #5 on: 14 February 2014, 11:21:21 »
So with a bigger building, are we going to see more of the archived mechs come out of storage and back into normal rotation?  :D

RebelRunner

• Warrant Officer
  • RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
« Reply #6 on: 14 February 2014, 13:49:42 »
So with a bigger building, are we going to see more of the archived mechs come out of storage and back into normal rotation?  :D

One can hope…
*God Bless Regulus.
*A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
* "Want someone out of a building for sure? Fire a magnesium parachute flare through the window. He’ll leave."

ullera1985

• Recruit
« Reply #7 on: 14 February 2014, 13:53:31 »
we can all hope that the christmas orders help pay for the new building

SteelWarrior

• Lieutenant
    • SteelWarrior Battletech
« Reply #8 on: 14 February 2014, 15:21:30 »
Enough room for resin/plastic production?  Haha i can try cant i?  :p
Check out my Battletech Youtube Channel at:

SteelWarrior Battletech
https://www.youtube.com/user/SteelWarriorBT

For Video Battle Reports/Hobby Tutorials/Product Reviews

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #9 on: 16 February 2014, 13:46:06 »
Would this move, maybe speed up release of new materials and maybe open the fan funded stuff again?
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: 16 February 2014, 14:02:29 »
Would this move, maybe speed up release of new materials and maybe open the fan funded stuff again?

It definitely will NOT speed up release of new stuff. That is very dependent that the sculptor(s) are on time. IWM doesn't really have much control as to when someone is finished with their work. Once the new item is turned in to IWM...they get on it as soon as possible.

Psycho

• CamoSpecs
  • Captain
« Reply #11 on: 16 February 2014, 17:08:28 »
It is also dependent on being able to maintain an acceptable profit margin. There are only so many consumers, and so much that they will spend. There's a breaking point where sales of each new mini decline due to the total number of sales being spread out. For example: if you can afford to buy 4 new minis a month, IWM releasing 8 new minis a month doesn't mean that you'll buy twice as much. You'll pick and choose which 4 to buy instead, leaving IWM with the same income but twice the outlay.

I am Belch II

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • It's a gator with a nuke, whats the problem.
« Reply #12 on: 18 February 2014, 03:42:36 »
It definitely will NOT speed up release of new stuff. That is very dependent that the sculptor(s) are on time. IWM doesn't really have much control as to when someone is finished with their work. Once the new item is turned in to IWM...they get on it as soon as possible.

I was just wondering thanks.
Walking the fine line between sarcasm and being a smart-ass

DaveMac

• Lieutenant
  • Running for home...
« Reply #13 on: 18 February 2014, 04:28:34 »
Wonder if they'll find anything interesting that they've forgotten about while packing up

I always have done when moving house
Go to red alert!
Are you sure sir?  It does mean changing the lightbulb.

GRUD

• Captain
  • Quinn's Quads - 'Mechs on the March!
« Reply #14 on: 18 February 2014, 15:48:20 »
Wonder if they'll find anything interesting that they've forgotten about while packing up

*Hey, I found a case of 100 MIB Infocom PH LAMs!*
**Well, they'e Unseen, so we can't sell them.  Start opening blisters and dropping the minis in the melting pot.**

>:D

;D
To me, Repros are 100% Wrong, and there's NO  room for me to give ground on this subject. I'm not just an Immovable Object on this, I'm THE Immovable Object. 3D Prints are just 3D Repros.

Something to bear in Mind. Defending the BT IP is Frowned upon here.

Remember: Humor is NOT Tolerated here. Have a Nice Day!

Hey! Can't a guy get any Privacy around here!

Khell

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: 18 February 2014, 17:20:03 »

DIBS ON ANY UNSEEN WARHAMMERS!

...also any lost Behemoths, Riflemen, or original Jenner IIc's would be nice.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #16 on: 18 February 2014, 18:44:10 »
*Hey, I found a case of 100 MIB Infocom PH LAMs!*
**Well, they'e Unseen, so we can't sell them.  Start opening blisters and dropping the minis in the melting pot.**

I recall talking to a member on a previous incarnation of the forums who happened to be walking past the back of Ral Partha shortly after the Unseen lawsuit. He noticed a skip full of blue resin Unseen minis, basically dumped for disposal. As I recall, he filled his pockets with as much as he could take, and ran home to get a pack. By the time he got back, alas, the tip had been emptied ...

Can't recall the gent's name, but he used to post lots of kitbashes of Marauders with SRM-6 packs.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

SteelWarrior

• Lieutenant
« Reply #17 on: 18 February 2014, 21:24:19 »
I recall talking to a member on a previous incarnation of the forums who happened to be walking past the back of Ral Partha shortly after the Unseen lawsuit. He noticed a skip full of blue resin Unseen minis, basically dumped for disposal. As I recall, he filled his pockets with as much as he could take, and ran home to get a pack. By the time he got back, alas, the tip had been emptied ...

Can't recall the gent's name, but he used to post lots of kitbashes of Marauders with SRM-6 packs.

Ive never garbage picked before but i would of hit up the land fill.....lol

SteelWarrior Battletech

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #18 on: 18 February 2014, 21:52:45 »

They have before... a certain dashingly handsome moderator got his hands on the resin Mech-scale Leopard several years ago through that ;)

Melissa and I were chatting via E-mail anyway, and she happened to mention that while cleaning the shop the last one of them had turned up- some of the parts were missing (it was just the hull, turret, and engines, no wings or guns), but would I be interested?

Why, yes. Yes I would. ;)

Modded with a few sections from my bit box (Warhammer arms in place of the turret guns, LE Catapult missiles aft, etc.), it now guards my Xbox with honor.  ^-^
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #19 on: 18 February 2014, 22:07:01 »
I don't recall seeing any pics of this, JHB. Please send this to me immediately for inspection.
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

RebelRunner

• Warrant Officer
  • RELEASE THE KRAKEN!!!
« Reply #20 on: 18 February 2014, 22:11:36 »

I'd expect reduced order fulfillment times due to expanded inventory capacity, and maybe some improved quality and/or new production...stuff.
*God Bless Regulus.

Rommel_Twee

• Corporal
    • Galactic:Conflict in the Stars
« Reply #21 on: 18 February 2014, 23:09:28 »

I had happened to visit the fine folks at Fortress Miniatures back when this had happened. They were the ones who made the blue resins for Ral Partha. Managed to get about five boxes of all the different blue resin minis. Was quite the haul and if I had been able to be there the day before, I could have loaded up my truck. Still makes me cringe almost 20 years later  :'(
Kirk
North of Mason, South of Dixon and 2nd star to the right.

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
« Reply #22 on: 18 February 2014, 23:13:32 »
And how many boxes do you have left, RT??  ;D

JadeHellbringer

• Easily Bribed Forum Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Colonel
  • Third time this week!
« Reply #23 on: 18 February 2014, 23:39:36 »
I don't recall seeing any pics of this, JHB. Please send this to me immediately for inspection.

The pictures, you mean...?  ;D
"There's a difference between the soldier and his fight,
But the warrior knows the true meaning of his life."
+Larry and his Flask, 'Blood Drunk'+

"You know, basically war is just, like, a bunch of people playing pranks on each other, but at the end they all die."
+Crow T. Robot+

Rommel_Twee

• Corporal
    • Galactic:Conflict in the Stars
« Reply #24 on: 19 February 2014, 23:16:44 »
And how many boxes do you have left, RT??  ;D

Not so much in the way of boxes now. Lots of the clan pieces they made and some Shadow Hawk bodies, a few MAD's and a WHM or two.

Talked with Mike, he said that the new place was twice the size and that means twice the metal ! Will have to vosit
Kirk
North of Mason, South of Dixon and 2nd star to the right.

Josva Valdreki

• Master Sergeant
  • ...With blackjack. And hookers. In fact....
« Reply #25 on: 19 February 2014, 23:43:57 »
Will this impact my ability to purchase a lance - or better yet a star - of Lament minis?
Úlfhéðnar Free Company
Clan Free Ghost Rasalhague Bear Dominion Republic

bytedruid

• Master Sergeant
  • A great starter adventure.
« Reply #26 on: 20 February 2014, 01:39:10 »
Enough room for resin/plastic production?  Haha i can try cant i?  :p
Let's hope you're right.  Someone needs to bring back the Armorcast mechs.  I didn't get back into BT until 2011, by that time they were out of production.
Hat tips to Slightlylyons who fixed aerotech in one post and to Daryk for organized cool stuff.

SteelWarrior

• Lieutenant
« Reply #27 on: 20 February 2014, 13:19:18 »
Hopefully this cuts down on archived.  Some units can change in popularity but after its oacked away no one wants to pay $8.  Def some archived units id love to pick up...

SteelWarrior Battletech

mike19k

• Lieutenant
« Reply #28 on: 21 February 2014, 10:49:14 »
Hopefully this cuts down on archived.  Some units can change in popularity but after its oacked away no one wants to pay $8.  Def some archived units id love to pick up...

I hope so, I keep seeing the same one being suggested time after time for the return. I for one would like to see some of the other ones in the archive returns.

Dragon41673

• Captain
« Reply #29 on: 04 March 2014, 23:32:43 »
Speck, any idea how the move went? Are they fully in to the new space & back to full operations?