Author Topic: victor vandergriff banshee question  (Read 3968 times)

Daishi411

• Captain
victor vandergriff banshee question
« on: 29 January 2011, 12:12:16 »
Does anyone know what the layout of his banshee was when he fought searcy?

edit: just realized how brutal my grammar was, sorry
« Last Edit: 29 January 2011, 16:43:07 by Daishi411 »
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Grantwhy

• Sergeant
Re: victor vandergriff banshee question
« Reply #1 on: 30 January 2011, 04:01:22 »
searching via google i found a webcache of a Character of the Week Victor Vandergriff

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dKjtgflKSHYJ:www.classicbattletech.com/forumarchive/index.php%3Ftopic%3D538.0%3Bprev_next%3Dnext+victor+vandergriff+banshee&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=au&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com.au

and in that article there is this on Vandergriff's Banshee

The modifications made are an interesting choice. As far as I can tell the small lasers are removed, SRMs downgraded and the Gauss Rifle traded in for an LBX autocannon to fit in jump jets. The rear facing medium lasers may have also been traded in for extra power, however there is no proof one way or the other and no relevance either.

The loss of the main cannon is something that worries Vandergriff’s mind, especially in the last moments when he loses the plot and starts railing against Searcy for using the Pillager’s twin mounts against him. However the replacement is rather smart, having already sacrifices much of his short range power he increases it and adds to the crit seeking capabilities, something that actually hurts his opponent in their final match

I hope that helps  :)
As a CareBearAnarchist I believe in the destruction and overthrow of the perils of society through random and senseless acts of consideration and kindness.

Don't fight rabbits if you taste like lettuce.

DarkMessiah

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • NGS-6T Nightsky - Mini-Berserker!
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2011, 04:34:50 »
Grey's article (that Grantwhy quoted) pretty much had the right of it.

We know he had at least two medium lasers, two ER PPCs (one mounted in the left arm, after the first fight with Searcy), an LB-10X autocannon, an SRM-4, and it's specifically noted he traded away his Gauss rifle for "Luxor" jump jets, which were custom installed by the "great Lazlo Falcher."

We don't have any more details about exactly what else his Banshee had or didn't, and there isn't a Record Sheet to date, but it should be fairly easy to approximate.
Battletech fan, Battlecorp member (LYA-0BF3), Catalyst Demo Agent (#402), unapologetic Lyran Loyalist, and obsessed with canon custom designs.

Malvina Hazen for ilKhan!
3rd Lyran Royal Guards: The Pride of Tamar

Daishi411

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 30 January 2011, 12:28:37 »
beautiful, that's exactly what i was looking for, thanks very much  :)
"Warriors, not war machines, are the backbone of the Hell's Horses. While others worship the BattleMech as the ultimate weapon, the men and women of this Clan see even this awesome piece of technology as the tool it is. We have held to this philosophy since the days of our first Khan, who knew that the value of the common soldier far outstripped the brute force of the BattleMech. It is one reason our Clan possesses fewer mechs than most, and has led many to underestimate our fierceness and courage. Our survival against all challengers when others have fallen proves the folly of such arrogance, and testifies to the wisdom of our founders."
- saKhan Tanya Delaurel
Star Captain Logan Cobb-666th Assault War Cluster, Star Commander Octavian-The Thunder Heart Cluster

Iron Mongoose

• Lieutenant
  • Don't you know, you're all my very best friends
« Reply #4 on: 30 January 2011, 13:00:04 »
I've always liked that mech.  When I've run my take on it, it fights quite well.

It should be noted that part of the reason to pull the GR is arena safty.  Vandergriff berates Searcy for using GRs, calling them "man killers" because as head cappers, they can end a fight with no warning.  With a PPC or AC10, you can often expect to survive a cockpit hit, and then the pilot has the chance to throw in the towel rather than fight on with no cockpit armor (or not, if they're that way, but its their call).  So pulling his GR is something of a "gentelmanly" thing to do, while using two of them is a bit brutish.  At least in Victor's mind.  Searcy may not agree.
"For my military knowledge, though I'm plucky and adventury,
Has only been brought down to the beginning of the century..."

misterpants

• Warrant Officer
  • Bringing you the beats and grooves of Xin Sheng
« Reply #5 on: 31 January 2011, 02:25:06 »
It should be noted that part of the reason to pull the GR is arena safty.  Vandergriff berates Searcy for using GRs, calling them "man killers" because as head cappers, they can end a fight with no warning.  With a PPC or AC10, you can often expect to survive a cockpit hit, and then the pilot has the chance to throw in the towel rather than fight on with no cockpit armor (or not, if they're that way, but its their call).  So pulling his GR is something of a "gentelmanly" thing to do, while using two of them is a bit brutish.  At least in Victor's mind.  Searcy may not agree.

On that point, before upgrading to the Pillager, Searcy's ride was a modified Dragon Fire, with the GR downgraded to a light gauss, but upgrading the LBX-10 to some model of AC20 (don't recall if it was an Ultra, LBX, or plain vanilla AC20)

DarkMessiah

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Sergeant
  • NGS-6T Nightsky - Mini-Berserker!
« Reply #6 on: 31 January 2011, 05:07:47 »
On that point, before upgrading to the Pillager, Searcy's ride was a modified Dragon Fire, with the GR downgraded to a light gauss, but upgrading the LBX-10 to some model of AC20 (don't recall if it was an Ultra, LBX, or plain vanilla AC20)
It was a Defiance Disintegrator LB-20X, and he ripped out his ECM, too. That was for his fight with Jarman, he later refined it by yanking out his large laser and one medium pulse laser, and replaced them with a large pulse laser.
Battletech fan, Battlecorp member (LYA-0BF3), Catalyst Demo Agent (#402), unapologetic Lyran Loyalist, and obsessed with canon custom designs.

Malvina Hazen for ilKhan!
3rd Lyran Royal Guards: The Pride of Tamar