Author Topic: 'Mech Engineer Quest  (Read 44600 times)

Sharpnel

• Colonel
Re: 'Mech Engineer Quest
« Reply #180 on: 13 December 2015, 04:35:42 »
I must have misread it, then sorry.
Consigliere Trygg Bender, CRD-3BL Crusader, The Blazer Mafia
Takehiro 'Taco' Uchimiya, SHD-2H Shadow Hawk 'Taco', Crimson Oasis Trading Company

"Of what use is a dream, if not a blueprint for courageous action" -Adam West
As I get older, I realize that I'm not as good as I once was.
"Life is too short to be living someone else's dream" - Hugh Hefner

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #181 on: 13 December 2015, 06:29:26 »
No worries!  The 200 engine is in the same phase of development as the 180 (and by the same company, no less).  That's one of the reasons I said AdS looks to be the most dangerous competitor.  If our study is accurate, they're going to try to undercut our bid by 3,000 C-Bills and up the LRM launcher to a 20-rack, albeit with fewer shots, and fewer heat sinks.  In fact, that might be a reason to drop our two RL-10s for a third ton of LRM ammo (i.e., so we can advertise "twice the ammo").

And as far as being an interested reader, that's exactly how I started here too, so don't feel compelled to limit your participation because you're joining the party late.

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
  • Mr. Flibble is Very Cross
« Reply #182 on: 13 December 2015, 10:58:30 »
AdS is short for Acadamy of Science, (Academia das Ciências is modern portugese, but hey, a few centuries of Star League 'spelling bees' do wonders for 'rationalizing' spelling towards English.) so they're not really a competitor company.  They're doing design work on speculation, rationalizing that it will be needed at some point by someone.

And yes, feel free to join in-Quest format encourages people to drop in whenever (and if they drop out, hopefully it won't damage things too much.)
*Insert support for fashionable faction of the week here*

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #183 on: 13 December 2015, 12:20:47 »
  They're doing design work on speculation, rationalizing that it will be needed at some point by someone.

So, what you are saying is that they intend to put forth mech design proposals...maybe contract a prototype or two...but aren't specifically going after any particular contract?  And if they do manage to come out on top, either sub-contract the construction or outright license/Sell the design to a manufacturing concern?

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
« Reply #184 on: 13 December 2015, 14:41:58 »
So, what you are saying is that they intend to put forth mech design proposals...maybe contract a prototype or two...but aren't specifically going after any particular contract?  And if they do manage to come out on top, either sub-contract the construction or outright license/Sell the design to a manufacturing concern?
No, the AdS is developing components only right now, and don't even build them.  They licence their designs out for a nominal fee to be built by other companies.  Since they're a government-owned think-tank, this makes sense-NAIS doesn't manufacture Mechs.  They're responsible for the Pistolero because that was a prototype and a proof that the capability existed, and that's all they've done.  The actual manufacture was spread out among several companies.  Shi-Sem is the primary rival armsmaker, but they are keeping a tight lid on what they've developed in house for fusion engines and will only sell sub-sub-components.  Mextica is another sub-component manufacturer, but their ambitions to break out and design something of their own and break into the big leagues is foundering since you decided that Minako wasn't going their way.

AdS is more a source for advanced technology to enter the market than a compettitor.  Like the in-house R&D department, they will work quietly through the game to develop new technology and give it to you.  The trade off is that you have no control at all over the Academy's next project, but they are better at developing cutting edge stuff like DHS and XL engines.  R&D will generally give you longer-term advance warning of their projects though, while the Academy may spring fully-ready stuff on you without much warning.  Nothing like getting a assembly line set up for your new export flashbulb and then getting the word that DHS are ready for mass production a week after production begins.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #185 on: 13 December 2015, 14:57:14 »
That sounds like we should be designing for DHS from the beginning...

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
« Reply #186 on: 13 December 2015, 19:52:39 »
Do you enjoy saying 'Hit Me' when you've got a 19 in blackjack?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #187 on: 13 December 2015, 20:17:29 »
Depends on the card count...  ^-^

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
« Reply #188 on: 14 December 2015, 17:29:44 »
KISS is the watchword here.  Nothing fancy, nothing overly complex, a few object lessons in how things are arranged perhaps.  You're not sure if the 40 ton think you've sketched out  in your notes or this 50 tonner are better suited for that, but you come up with some personal notes about the designs and think it all over.  Energy, balistic and missile weapons all have their unique requirements, so getting all three onto one design might be a good idea-both to train you engineers and to train the Mechwarriors and technicians.  On the other hand, maybe it's a good idea to just work with what makes Mechs different-that will help keep things simple.

While the fact of the matter is that every part of the design influences every other part, there is also a need to fix certain parts of the design earlier than others.  This means that, for all intents and purposes, you can design the Mech design process into eight phases, each one with it's own special questions to answer and direct the shape of the next phase.
  • Internal Structure
  • Weapons and heat-sink pre-fitting
  • Engines and myomers.
  • Gyro and Articulation
  • Controls and sensors
  • Weapons integration and coolant systems
  • Armor
  • Final check out and simulation.

The Mech first needs to stand.  Then the weapons must intrude deep into it's structre and it's major arteries and veins for coolant laid out.  It's heart must beat and it's strength build, before it finally begins to walk and turn.  It must be able to see and be controlled, and then the weapons must talk to those controls, while ammo feeds and coolant loops reach a final configuration.  Then and only then can a final shell take form and the whole thing be checked for flaws that may have arisen through emergent complexity.  Emergence is a huge problem for Battlemech designers-you remember horror stories about tripple-strength myomer that snapped structural elements like wishbones, or about ammo feeds that fired normally at elevations below 15 degrees but when you raised the arms the myomers twisted just so and wound up snarled in the feed mechanisms.  And that's ignoring the computer systems, often one of the more fiendishly complex parts of the whole system.  The Man-Machine interface is also notorious for causing problems that must also be debugged.  But if those eight steps are complete, you'll have something worth prototyping.

Code: [Select]
[ ] Confirm 50-ton trooper from post 158?
[ ] Go with something else...

Before you go to bed, you check you email one last time and get an update from Niklos-nothing definite just yet, but he indicates that the testing has moved on to the 'test to destruction' phase and they're just gonna fire that poor test laser until it explodes from thousands of cycles without any maintenance.  No obvious flaws then-that's a positive.

The drive in to work is fairly uneventful-right up until a car accelerates out of a gas station towards your own, aiming to T-bone your car, and is only stopped by being knocked asside by the security team's car accelerating faster and slamming it away mere inches from your car.

Then the car bomb goes off, a high explosive WHUMP that scatters the inferno gel covering the road, the cars, the gas station, and the screaming pedestrians.  You have your new pistol, the one you haven't got any range time on, the one with 18 rounds.  Your attackers just used a car bomb, and there may be others-but some of your security detail is burning right now.

[ ]GET OUT OF THE CAR!  PEOPLE NEED HELP! 
[ ]DUCK AND COVER! SNIPERS MIGHT BE OUT THERE!
[ ]DRIVE ME OUT OF HERE!  ESCAPE THE AMBUSH ASAP!

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #189 on: 14 December 2015, 17:42:10 »
#1:  Confirm 50 ton design from post #158 as an initial design proposal.

#2:  Get the hell out of dodge!  Getting out and helping is a temptation, but with only a pistol that she hasn't practiced with, (Against an unknown potential attacker), it seems best to remove herself from the target zone ASAP.  Hunkering down might sound like a good idea, but all it does in reality is give any attackers an immobile target.  Best way to break an ambush, if you can't counter-attack, is to get out of the ambush zone.

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
  • Gotta do what a urbie gotta do!
« Reply #190 on: 14 December 2015, 18:06:54 »
#1:  Confirm 50 ton design from post #158 as an initial design proposal.

#2:  Get the hell out of dodge!  Getting out and helping is a temptation, but with only a pistol that she hasn't practiced with, (Against an unknown potential attacker), it seems best to remove herself from the target zone ASAP.  Hunkering down might sound like a good idea, but all it does in reality is give any attackers an immobile target.  Best way to break an ambush, if you can't counter-attack, is to get out of the ambush zone.

I agree funny since thats standard practice for counter ambush tactics,.
"History is written by the victors, the defeated live it"

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #191 on: 14 December 2015, 18:36:11 »
I agree funny since thats standard practice for counter ambush tactics,.

It was when I was in service.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #192 on: 14 December 2015, 18:45:07 »
Concur on the 50 ton design from post 158, and getting out of dodge.  Aside from being good tactics, it's very clear she's the target.  While getting away, cinch the seatbelt, draw the weapon, and make sure it's loaded.  This may become a running gun battle, and her handler is a little busy driving.  She can feel sorry for the security detail later.  They did their jobs, and successfully to boot.  Later, it's also time to revisit those housing options, and start packing the rifle to work.  If the spooks have any self defense training, it's time to take them up on it too.

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
« Reply #193 on: 14 December 2015, 22:43:18 »
It was when I was in service.

Same when i was in too

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
« Reply #194 on: 14 December 2015, 23:16:41 »
Is everyone here ex or current military except for me?  Anyways, I'll get something up in the morning my-time.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #195 on: 15 December 2015, 04:51:43 »
At least three of us are.  It's something I've noticed on the board in general.

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
« Reply #196 on: 15 December 2015, 12:04:46 »
The minder wants to put the pedal to the metal-and you're screaming at her to do so-but the street is awash with fire-there's even a glob of Inferno gel on the hood burning through the cosmetic outer hood and dripping into the armored box around the engine.  The people-and there are a lot of people on the street-are running, honking, screaming.  The drivers on the road are stunned from the bomb or already working on a nine-car pileup at the next intersection, so nobody can simply hit the gas and floor it out of the ambush zone.

And then you hear bullets hitting the windows.  You risk a glance and see the pair of gunmen leaning out of yet another car, but the added chaos of their riles hitting battle-glass is enough to finally clear the streets enough for your driver to scoot between two parked cars, duck down an alley, and then out into another street, honking furiously.  You spend five minutes waiting for the two gunmen to catch up to you in their own car, only realizing that you've lost them when your driver pulls into an underground garage and ushers you into a underground safe-house.

That was an hour ago-you've been assured that your work has been informed of the attack and resultant delay, but you've been sitting in this 'living room' for over an hour, and the industrial grey concrete walls and floors and ceiling of the bunker are starting to drive you stir crazy.  There's a week's supply of protein shakes in cans, but you hope it won't come to that.  Especially since they're all Durian flavored.  It seems that now you're out of immediate danger, the government goons are going to sit on you until the non-immediate all-clear is sounded.

You're shaking still.  You thought this was going to be an job that while challenging and demanding all of your skill, would not demand those skills.  You were hoping to maybe hunt jaguar, crocodiles and other wild animals, not have a shoot-out in a crowded street.  You certainly were not expecting the car-bomb.  That was at least one person who was willing to kill themselves, and do so in a horrible way, in order to see you dead.  The other two had almost certain death unless some mercenaries with a battalion of battlemechs are drooping into the city right now.  And if your snoop-provided car had been less of a secret tank on wheels you'd probably be dead-you saw how much of the paint and plastic had burned off when you got out of the thing-one of the doors wouldn't even open properly.  Someone just tried to kill you-you personally, and that's the frightening thing.  Was that a rival company?  Domestic terrorists?  Some periphery intelligence agency?

[ ] Knock on the door out of here-it's locked, but you can ask for a phone call, right?
[ ] Play solitaire on your noteputer. 
Or bubble-blaster, or candy crush, or whatever 31st century busy game you have.
[ ] Sulk/cry it out until you get debriefed.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #197 on: 15 December 2015, 19:35:11 »
What I'd really like to do is ask for a threat briefing now, so I suppose knocking it is.

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
« Reply #198 on: 16 December 2015, 01:33:41 »
What I'd really like to do is ask for a threat briefing now, so I suppose knocking it is.

I concur even though I have doubts that any substantial information well be given. Since the purpose of using a safe house for a VIP angainst attacks. Is to limit out going and incoming transmissions or any other indications of occupancy by said VIP. But since she is the priority of the minders i hope that assumes mental and  physical. So some hopefully good roll of persuasive arguing may get the security in suits to spill something.

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #199 on: 16 December 2015, 18:07:24 »
I'm thinking field-strip, clean, and reassemble her new pistol.  Then find a nice unobtrusive place to watch the door with the pistol close to hand and a good book if one can be found.

And, since the threat has now been proven real, it's probably time to consider some discrete body armor for daily wear, at least for the near future, as well as possible upgrades to her personal armament.

My own personal thoughts are running towards a number of items such as:

1: Skorpion machine pistol
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0korpion_vz._61

2: a nice set of hair-stick daggers
http://www.licataknives.com/steam1.jpg
http://data.whicdn.com/images/178398424/large.jpg

3: Bear-mace
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_spray

and others

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
« Reply #200 on: 17 December 2015, 13:15:05 »
It takes longer than you would like for the security goons to open the door to your repeated knocking but they finally do so.  Their uniforms aren't regulars or milita, but you don't know the local regimental patches well enough to decipher what Guards regiment you've got bodyguards detached from today.  All you're sure of is that they're not the Presidential Guards or the local special forces operatives.  And the amount of information you get from them is annoyingly small.  No, you can't go out yet.  No, they don't know what's going on, and they wouldn't tell you anyways.  No, they can't brief you, that's the responsibility of someone else.  Yes, alright, you can have one phone call, two if the first one doesn't pick up, but with one of them watching and don't mention where you are.

The land-line is very old fashioned, but they assure you it's secure all the way to the telephone exchange-any wiretaps are gonna be on whoever you call, not their fault.  At least it's push-button, and not a rotary.  You manage to remember the office phone number (you have to look up the extension) and dial in to your boss' office.  The phone rings for nearly twenty seconds before someone picks up-not Mr. Sanjiv.  "I am sorry, but the Chief Designer is out of his office.  Due to the current difficulties in the city, we are cancelling all apointments and apologize for any inconvenience."

You cut in.  "My name is Minako Raiuto, and I'm an employee.  I'm trying to reach someone responsible to let them know I'm all right, but I don't think I'll be able to get in today-what do you mean current difficulties?  Where's the Chief designer?"

The line goes dead for several seconds, as a low rumble rises and falls.  "He's driving around in a tank because of the attacks.  He was very upset, talking about his dead wife.  Then he pulled a tank off the production line and fired it up.  Look, I can't talk right now, and I can't take your employee number over the phone, so goodbye, things are crazy enough here as it is."  The line goes dead and you blink before hanging up the receiver and getting hustled back into the safe house's bunker.  You try to kill some time by cleaning the pistol-but it's already clean, and you don't have a field-kit with you so all you can do is disassmble it and uselessly wipe it down with toilet paper from the bathroom before putting it back together.

Another hour ticks by.

And another.

[ ] Play the waiting game.  Someone will come eventually.
[ ] Ask the guards if you can get lunch that isn't durian flavored.
[ ] Demand that they call someone-you can't remain down here forever.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #201 on: 17 December 2015, 19:26:42 »
There's clearly more going on than just an assassination attempt against Minako, but she did merit special attention.  At this point, I'm for lunch that's not durian flavored, but if that can't be had, Minako can just hold her nose.

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
« Reply #202 on: 18 December 2015, 22:05:13 »
How about option 2 while you wait for option 3 to pan out. Does not hurt to demand something like let me out and food also.

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
« Reply #203 on: 21 December 2015, 22:49:09 »
It's been long enough to make another appeal to the soldiers-and since they aren't getting a lunch break officially, they've had to make their own unofficial arrangements. One arranges for you to get some of what they're having as well-it seems the safehouse is in the basement of some place that offers hot meals and soft beds to the unfortunate, so it only takes calling someone in the know upstairs to have three bowls of pork stew over rice delivered.  All three get a once over from what you're guessing is some sort of poison detector, a tiny palm sized computer that is stuck repeatedly into each bowl and flashes a green light after several seconds.  One of them even joins you while you eat, to make sure that you don't choke and get them both fired.  You're grateful that it's the woman though-being alone with a guy who probably casually overpower you might mean you would need to eat with one hand on the gun.

And then it's back to waiting.  This time however, the door unlocks without any preamble after an hour and an icy looking blonde woman comes in with two new guards.  She has a noteputer of her own, a stylus and a very formal looking uniform with no badges or rank that looks freshly pressed.  "Good afternoon.  You can call me Agent Sasha-I am from the Interior Ministry, and I'm here to debrief you about the incident this morning."  Incident. She's cold this one, but beautiful, like a winter's day with sunlight glistening off snow.  On the other hand, probably a honeypot or the kind who doesn't take kindly to flirting.

Best to be professional and go about this in a straightforward way.

Recount the story in your own words and then...
[ ] Ask how long you're going to have to stay here and when you can return to normal.
[ ] Ask about how they're going to improve security around you.
[ ] Ask about the agents in the car that intercepted the suicide bomber.
[ ] Ask about something else or say nothing (Write in option)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #204 on: 22 December 2015, 08:38:47 »
Option 1 is right out... there is no "normal" after this.  Option 3 is only a salve for her conscience, and not likely to get an answer from the ice queen.  That leaves option 2, but I wouldn't phrase it that way.  Something more like:

"So, Agent Sasha, what now?  Aside from attending the funerals for those who died protecting me, I need to get back to work.  Obviously my current living arrangements, as temporary as they were, will not be sufficient, and I can't imagine the Interior Ministry will let me choose my own."

Koren-Gagin

• Sergeant
« Reply #205 on: 22 December 2015, 09:10:46 »
Are we allowed to ask all options in a certain order.

Option 3 first than option 1 than 2 phrased the way Daryk did it.

To me option 3 is more than a "Salve" for minakos' conscience also it human to worry about those that put their lives on the line for you. We haven't got t ok know our minders well so far but an interest here could be a good thing.

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #206 on: 22 December 2015, 22:43:00 »
Are we allowed to ask all options in a certain order.

Option 3 first than option 1 than 2 phrased the way Daryk did it.

To me option 3 is more than a "Salve" for minakos' conscience also it human to worry about those that put their lives on the line for you. We haven't got to know our minders well so far but an interest here could be a good thing.

Agreed,, with the caveat that Minako should also ask to be notified, if a collection is taken up for the families of the deceased security team.

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
« Reply #207 on: 01 January 2016, 11:50:07 »
Let's get this rolling again now that the holidays are over for the most part. :D
---
You nod and recount what you saw-the attempted attack, the crash, the explosion, the gunmen, the chase... it takes a lot longer to recount, but even with all the details laid out, you don't remember much that you think will be useful.  Sasha is annoyingly vague about questions  you offer in exchange, invoking 'need to know' almost constantly.  You don't need to know what happened to the guys who were shooting at you.  You don't need to know what's going on at your workplace.  What you do need to know apparently could fit on an index card in 24 point font.  She's even cagey about the dead-though she does offer to give you a number to call to order flowers.

Her response to your last question leaves you flummoxed though.  "So...When can I leave?"
She looks up at you and then nods to the door.  "Well, now.  Or as soon as this debriefing is over."
The sheer rediculousness of that leaves you stunned for several seconds.  "W-wait, i just almost got killed this morning and..."

Sasha smiles at you like you're a child.  "Da.  There will be others.  If we put you in a bunker in a hidden worker town, they will find it and stomp the roof in with Mechs.  If we surround you with guards, a sniper will wait for you to walk out for some fresh air.  Our neighbors believe in the Crab Bucket principle-any crabs that try to escape should be merceilessly dragged back down into the bucket.  And our big neighbors, the great Houses of the old Star League?  They have no use for Periphery upstarts.  Indeed, a successful state outside their control is dangerous to their order.  So we could send you away with the best security, leaving absolutely no holes uncovered...and wait for our enemies to find new holes or simply use terrific overkill.  We do not have nuclear weapons because attempting to get them is an invitation for everyone to come running and kick your head in for attempting to reach for the atomic cookie-jar.  Putting additional security on you would be like ringing the dinner bell for mercenaries and assassins."  She laughs a bit.  "These ones were a bit more than we were expecting, but you were just their...hmm, well you were a target of opportunity.  Their true efforts were far more widespread."
----
You are El Presidente of the Cabanagem Presidium, and you're an old woman.  Your back hurts constantly despite the attention of the best doctors.  But at least you still have your looks-you look twenty years younger than most of your contemporaries, beautiful even if you've aged.  Beauty and charisma allowed you access to the seats of power-and treachery and a skill for lying that transcend expertise solidified your grip on that seat and helped you to topple your rivals. You listen to your assistants natter on while you look out the armor-crystal windows of your palace and out across the city, watching the last curls of smoke and steam from the bombings and attacks fade away.  The briefings are more for their benefits than for yours-but you feel it best to summarize when you swivel your chair back around.

"So.  More than twenty attackers, directed at five different locations.  All of them with false teeth so we cannot trace their world of origin with isotope mapping.  Our adversary is well funded to have such lavish budgets to obscure the origins of their suicide troopers.  And equally foolish to tip their hands in such a way as to their true size and resources."  You nod to your spymistress.  "Director.  Could we have done such a thing?"

The director, even colder than her daughter, nods.  "Yes, artificial teeth are relatively easy.  But what would be the point?  We have terrorist cells and counter-revolutionaries within our borders.  Any attacks I order can be pinned on such groups with a little misdirection.  Others may suspect, but nothing may be proved.  And while it is within our capabilities, I may remind everyone that we are...exceptional in our acquisition of such technologies.  Our local rivals would be hard pressed to assemble such a team, and I do not see why they would bother with such misdirection.  It is only effective if, for instance, these were all foreigners from many points of origin as our immigration records show."

General Federov leans forward, cross.  "Do you mean to tell me that these men were admitted legally?  What kind of failure is this that you admit to it so casually?" 

You compose yourself and interject.  "The kind that is unavoidable, so long as we allow people to enter our nation with thoughts of their own.  And since Alpha Cache is invasive and ultimately destructive, we cannot police the thoughts and motives of our foreign guests.  These were all model guests before they struck.  The weapons were apparently smuggled in months ago and hidden in caches by another group who already left.  Their paperwork was only the finest in forgeries, and every one died in their attacks or took fast-acting poison.  So they were probably from the Inner Sphere-more than that it is impossible to say with certainty.  So thank God for small mercies-it will be at least three months before anyone who sent them receives a report on their status.  We have, if nothing else, time to prepare to intercept this report or any new orders."

Federov is not put at ease-and he won't be until he's had a chance to rant. He thumps the table.  "ComStar!  It must have been ComStar!  They can make forgeries as good as the real thing because they make the real things!  I have told you all again and again that they are the true secret masters." 

Sasha the elder interjects.  "We are considering that-but of course, the LIC would have reason to hate us as well.  Or SAFE.  Our very existence and success makes us an attractive target.  It is the interest of 'civilization' not to allow the barbarians to grow too strong.  And we cannot retaliate openly, lest they crush us with open force."  She steeples her fingers.  "Do not fret General.  These men drank water and ate food at some point in the past five years.  The isotopes of each world are like a fingerprint.  We can trace them back to their point of origin-it will simply take time."  That you're less certain about...but it seems like the obvious course of action.

Now you just need to figure out how to spin this to the public at tonight's press conference.
---
You're apparently free to go-you'll be staying in a different hotel for the next week, since apparently the aversion to overt security doesn't rule out installing more passive and hidden measures around and in your new apartment.  The shift will take a while though, so you've been told not to head there until 10 PM.  Work is nearly over, but you get the feeling that something's going down that's bigger than you.  At least they've sent a new car around, one with a curiously heavy door and thick glass.

[ ] Find some news about what's happened-consult public sources, TVs, newspapers, things like that.
[ ] Work's gossip channels are more reliable than mass media-maybe you can get there if you leave now.
[ ] Panic time-are you being strung out as bait?  Maybe look into illegal weapons and personal protection?
[ ] Other/Write in?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #208 on: 01 January 2016, 12:03:28 »
I like option two at this point... if the boss was involved some how, it's better to know as soon as possible what that means for the project.

Warclaw

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #209 on: 02 January 2016, 09:40:47 »
Option 2 for right now.  In a day or so, start looking into upgrading her personal protection.

Step one: Personal body armor

Step two: Investigate just what the limits of legal personal protective weaponry are on this planet.
  2A: Shotgun?  Maybe something like the VEPR 12 if it is legal, possibly a standard pump-action if it is not. http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/01/foghorn/gun-review-vepr-12-shotgun/
  2B: Machine pistol? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C5%A0korpion_vz._61