Author Topic: Sore Thumbs III: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?  (Read 11880 times)

Vehrec

• Lieutenant
  • Mr. Flibble is Very Cross
Re: Sore Thumbs III: What Non-BT Video Games Are You Playing?
« Reply #180 on: 07 May 2024, 12:00:40 »
Hades 2 is out in early access.  The bisexuals are eating well today.  Hephestus is my personal choice for 'hottest bod' with his paunch, above-the-knee amputation, beard, muscled arms, and wheelchair.  Aphrodite Aeria is doing pretty well on her own however, wearing stylized arm and leg armor, wielding spear and shield, and letting her hair do any remaining duties to modesty.  And then there's Eris, goddess of discord, with her buzz-cut, big gun, and skirt so short...

Oh, and the gameplay's nice to.
*Insert support for fashionable faction of the week here*

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #181 on: 09 May 2024, 15:55:13 »
In Tiberium-Sun, I usually milk the enemy bases for kills; I disable them, so they can't fire ion-cannons or missiles at me, then, I let them produce and attack me.  However, I got owned that this base took over other bases, and I had to destroy their contruction-yard, messing up my plans for thousands of units killed!  :(

Akamia

• Captain
  • No challenge too great!
« Reply #182 on: 10 May 2024, 00:02:30 »
New warbond in Helldivers II dropped this morning. In an objective sense, it's far from ideal; general consensus seems to be, it's the worst one yet.

I have it, but I don't have any of its content unlocked yet, so I haven't tried any of it myself to determine if it really is as bad as people are reporting, at least for my purposes. I do hope that these weapons get some adjustments to make them better by the time I get to unlocking them, though. Same for some of the stuff we've got already.

Arrowhead's CEO mentioned they were going to be re-evaluating their approach to balance on Twitter; it seems they, or at least he, noticed an undesired pattern as well. I'm not as hardline about these sorts of things as some other people, but I can see kind of where people are coming from.

In other news, the major order is nearly complete. If we can tough it out, we might be able to clear things up before time... I'm kinda tired of fighting Terminids. Never been a fan of fighting them, really. Give me more Automatons to fight, and I'll be happy. lol
« Last Edit: 10 May 2024, 00:47:32 by Akamia »
Let's all go to Cargonia, land of stolen things
Obey the quartermaster unless he is a 'ling
Cargo techs guard the station and find more stuff to take
But the boss is never satisfied until the station breaks...

Sapphirus

• Lieutenant
  • I dunno, here's Cirno shrugging...
« Reply #183 on: 14 May 2024, 21:50:04 »
several hours ago I finished the main story of Touhou: Hero of Ice Fairy but...not 100% complete because I need to do all Challenge mode fights in order to get the true ending, funny enough

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • RIP. Again. And again. And again.
« Reply #184 on: 15 May 2024, 00:05:22 »
I am currently in the middle of Planet Crafter, kind of a hybrid between an FPS base builder with Satisfactory vibes, Surviving Mars the video game or Terraforming Mars the board game, and No Man's Sky if you restricted it to just one planet or area.

The terraforming part is obviously unrealistically compressed (there's not, like, generations of humans), but if you roll with it it's lots of fun to watch the sky turn blue and then water filling up basins. There's a number of biomes and mysterious crashed spaceships to explorer and the tech progression is generally satisfying. I quite like the game as a kind of different take on the terraforming idea.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Luciora

• Major
« Reply #185 on: 15 May 2024, 00:23:36 »
I'd be playing Homeworld 3. But apparently I need a new laptop.  I should probably finish off Super Robot Wars 30 and Front Mission 1 on Switch first. 

Prospernia

• Lieutenant
« Reply #186 on: 15 May 2024, 16:48:20 »
I am currently in the middle of Planet Crafter, . . .The terraforming part is obviously unrealistically compressed (there's not, like, generations of humans), but if you roll with it it's lots of fun to watch the sky turn blue and then water filling up basins. . . .

That's what we call a, "Shake N' Bake", colony.   I also saw pictures of two-large moons, which isn't plausible, given the orbital-dynamics. But it's sci-fi.

Edit: and I'd like to see the characters in the game grow old and be replaced by their next of kin etc.  But, a game can only do so much.
« Last Edit: 15 May 2024, 18:12:09 by Prospernia »

Darth Nichos

• Lieutenant
« Reply #187 on: 15 May 2024, 17:09:41 »
Unicorn Overlord; complete game, not the Demo. Absolutely love this game and the customization for your squads is quite enjoyable. Also very punishing too if you mess up; Thank Heavens permadeath is not a thing unlike the Fire Emblem series
To End is to Begin; therefore there are no Endings, only Beginnings

Peace without Liberty is Oppression with Clothing

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #188 on: 16 May 2024, 01:08:36 »
That's what we call a, "Shake N' Bake", colony.   I also saw pictures of two-large moons, which isn't plausible, given the orbital-dynamics. But it's sci-fi.

Edit: and I'd like to see the characters in the game grow old and be replaced by their next of kin etc.  But, a game can only do so much.

For sure. It's basically an aesthetic for the vibes. I'm really enjoying it.

Unicorn Overlord; complete game, not the Demo. Absolutely love this game and the customization for your squads is quite enjoyable. Also very punishing too if you mess up; Thank Heavens permadeath is not a thing unlike the Fire Emblem series

Have you played Ogre Battle or Ogre Battle 64 before? That's the lineage.
Alas poor Photobucket. I knew him Horatio, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #189 on: Today at 00:01:02 »
Trying Fallout 4 again after having not played since 2017.

Honestly, the game was fairly ugly when it was brand new and the graphics are a whole lot worse now.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Bedwyr

• A Sticky Wicket
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #190 on: Today at 00:11:34 »
Trying Fallout 4 again after having not played since 2017.

Honestly, the game was fairly ugly when it was brand new and the graphics are a whole lot worse now.

I must be easily pleased. Most anything in the XB 360 and later era has seemed fine for me. Maybe just becoming a fogey.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #191 on: Today at 01:18:47 »
Eh, I'm just doing things like looking at how a "rock" is obviously a pile of flat edges with a "rocky" texture applied to the surface and even games that were FO4's contemporaries, like Horizon Zero Dawn, were putting a lot more effort into graphical stuff, much less modern games.  The game was released almost a decade after FO3, on the next generation of game systems, yet there really wasn't that much progress made on the graphics.  That's unimpressive.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman