Author Topic: (New) Clan Smoke Jaguar: Once More With Feeling  (Read 13285 times)

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
(New) Clan Smoke Jaguar: Once More With Feeling
« on: 11 August 2023, 11:08:34 »
I think it's high-time we have a dedicated Jaguar thread in here now that they're back, so here it is!
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
Re: (New) Clan Smoke Jaguar: Once More With Feeling
« Reply #1 on: 11 August 2023, 11:58:21 »
I'm excited to see new schemes.  I've got a metric ton of Jags minis painted up and I'm really hoping they're usable as is.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 11 August 2023, 11:58:57 »
I'm excited to see new schemes.  I've got a metric ton of Jags minis painted up and I'm really hoping they're usable as is.

Picts please!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: 11 August 2023, 12:00:15 »
As a fan of the cartoonishly evil classic jags and the revamped nu jags I am excited!

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #4 on: 11 August 2023, 12:00:42 »

Did you see the GenCon diorama already? I figure you have, but if not, the Jaguar units are gorgeous.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

Shin_Fenris

• Master Sergeant
  • Honor never dies
    • 357th Infernal Division
« Reply #5 on: 11 August 2023, 12:22:43 »

I got a Cluster-ish of Delta-ish Galaxy painted & made a point about them mostly being there for Invasion-era games but then had to add an after-thought thanks to a few books. Glad that they're back into rotation, even if it means I should probably finish painting the last Trinary.
If this battlefield is Hell, then it is our home and wherever we go, Hell and chaos shall follow.

Lead 'Mech Wrangler: 357th Infernal Division, NE USA
Tai-sa Shiro "Fenris" Takeda, Mercenary: Kuroi Kaze (MAD-6KK Marauder II)
Galaxy Commander Zane Schmitt, Clan Blood Spirit: Iota Galaxy (Blood Kite 2)
Captain Brutus "Bloodsport" Carver, Mercenary: Song's Sentinels (SQS-TH-002 Sasquatch)
CI Backer #138 Merc Backer #32
Just here for KS info - y'all are too argumentative for real discussions.

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #6 on: 11 August 2023, 13:47:54 »
Hells yeah! Long years passed with me thinking my favorite Clan was gone forever, but in 2023 here we are. What a world! What a time to be alive.

Having now seen the diorama, it looks like Alpha's scheme is a lock, hopefully Beta and Delta make the transition over as well, though there are a few 2nd line schemes that look like fire too. I will never not love Nu thanks to MechCommander, and the CSO artists have recently given us some updated looks at both command keshiks, Jaguar's Den and Shroud, that look absolutely gorgeous as well.
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #7 on: 11 August 2023, 14:10:04 »
I really hope this means that we get Warhawks back on the MUL inside the Inner Sphere.

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #8 on: 11 August 2023, 14:18:37 »
Pfft, forget the Warhawk... let's see some Iron Cheetahs in Jaguar colors!

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: 11 August 2023, 14:26:15 »

I am trying to paint some up for my shroud keshik and maybe for the Jaguars heart unit I have been laboring to build for the fall of huntress campaign

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #10 on: 11 August 2023, 14:28:50 »

Iron Cheetahs are Warhawks that are better in literally every way so I am fully behind this.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Natasha Kerensky

• Major
  • Queen of Spades, First Lady of Death, Black Widow
"Ah, yes.  The belle dame sans merci.  The sweet young thing who will blast your nuts off.  The kitten with a whip.  That mystique?"
"Slavish adherence to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about."
"Variety is the spice of battle."
"I've fought in... what... a hundred battles, a thousand battles?  It could be a million as far as I know.  I've fought for anybody who offered a decent contract and a couple who didn't.  And the universe is not much different after all that.  I could go on fighting for another hundred years and it would still look the same."
"I'm in mourning for my life."
"Those who break faith with the Unity shall go down into darkness."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #12 on: 11 August 2023, 15:09:10 »
Well played, Natasha, well played.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Death_from_above

• Lieutenant
« Reply #13 on: 11 August 2023, 15:10:04 »

Ah, Wayne Reynolds artwork.. always a pleasure

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #14 on: 11 August 2023, 15:28:26 »
Iron Cheetahs are Warhawks that are better in literally every way so I am fully behind this.

The Iron Cheetah has an inferior hat!

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #15 on: 11 August 2023, 15:29:36 »
The Warhawk needs a tassel hanging down from one corner of its top torso so it looks like a proper mortarboard.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #16 on: 11 August 2023, 16:44:10 »
Always loved those Clan designs with the protective armored canopy over the cockpit assembly. 

With so many battles observed in Ishiyama and other cave complexes over the years, Spheroid 'mech designers should have thought of that idea long ago independently.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #17 on: 11 August 2023, 17:07:16 »
Given the choice between integral mobile overhead cover and a clear angle to eject I'd definitely rather be able to eject safely.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Sjhernan3060

• Captain
« Reply #18 on: 11 August 2023, 18:54:11 »
The Iron Cheetah has an inferior hat!

Lol! I can imagine a clan engineer shouting this in the lead up to hands being thrown

Blkbr2020

• Private
« Reply #19 on: 11 August 2023, 20:20:04 »
It will be interesting to see how much the New Jags take from lessons learned as the Fidelis and from "the road of pain". At least on the limited information in Surrender your Dreams and Forever Faithful the case system seems less strict. Wonder if they are still exporting computer chips and other high end tech? If my memory serves me that's how the WoB tracked them down and assumed it was Wolverine's at the very end of Forever Faithful.

The Fidelis trained all warriors as infantry first then progressed through armor, mechs etc. In theory combined arms will be more of a focus for them now?

I'm also holding off on painting a bunch of minis in case color schemes or units change (hoping they don't change too much). Still working through the pile of shame so its not a big deal, Horses, Ravens and some mercs to keep me busy.

Fire Scorpion IIC

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #20 on: 11 August 2023, 22:02:16 »
I really hope this means that we get Warhawks back on the MUL inside the Inner Sphere.

Closest (and only) vendor is a very long trip away and is not keen on selling but if Jags bring production specs for Amaroks or Iron Cheetahs to trade they might start feeling more generous

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #21 on: 11 August 2023, 22:04:52 »
I would not hold my breath.  The 3250 intros make it very clear that Warhawks "have not been seen on the battlefields of the Inner Sphere since the Jihad".
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #22 on: 11 August 2023, 22:32:31 »
I would not hold my breath.  The 3250 intros make it very clear that Warhawks "have not been seen on the battlefields of the Inner Sphere since the Jihad".

That wasn't the 3250 intros, that was the Masakari's write-up in Rec Guide 20.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

CJC070

• Lieutenant
« Reply #23 on: 11 August 2023, 22:43:45 »
I hope we see the new Smoke Jaguars as an elite cluster (maybe reinforced cluster) similar to the Death Commandos.

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #24 on: 11 August 2023, 22:45:20 »
That wasn't the 3250 intros, that was the Masakari's write-up in Rec Guide 20.

It was also in the 3250 introduction to TRO Clan Invasion.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Crimson Dynamo

• Lieutenant
  • Opening hearts, minds, and throats since 2807
« Reply #25 on: 11 August 2023, 23:02:07 »
Closest (and only) vendor is a very long trip away and is not keen on selling but if Jags bring production specs for Amaroks or Iron Cheetahs to trade they might start feeling more generous

Trade, you say? If these Jaguars are true to their style, loyal to the old ways, they'll show up and trade nothing but beatings to reclaim the pride OmniMech of the Clan.  :smiley_boxers:

I hope we see the new Smoke Jaguars as an elite cluster (maybe reinforced cluster) similar to the Death Commandos.

I'm hoping for that myself. They were the hammers of Nicholas' toolkit, I'd like very much to see them return to those roots under Alaric.
« Last Edit: 11 August 2023, 23:03:47 by Crimson Dynamo »
"Well, I do, Marcus, and rule number one of the MAC has always been that the man with the plan leads. If we get shot up, I'm the first one to get my ticket punched. There are no flags in the MAC."
"And there never will be," Barton said, nodding his head in agreement.

"You guys are facing a freaking Shadow Division! These guys have strict policies against playing fair!"

"I don’t care. Kill them. I planned the defense so I know it will work. If they claim otherwise, they’re cowards. Any step back is a betrayal of me, and saying they don’t have enough men is just an excuse for incompetence and disloyalty. Tell the Krypteia to do it if you’re too soft but get it done." -Emperor Stefan Ukris Amaris I

tassa_kay

• Major
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #26 on: 11 August 2023, 23:14:53 »

Are those even still canon anymore? Seriously asking.

Trade, you say? If these Jaguars are true to their style, loyal to the old ways, they'll show up and trade nothing but beatings to reclaim the pride OmniMech of the Clan.  :smiley_boxers:

Scotty was right. The Iron Cheetah is better anyway. Out with the old, in with the new.

Geg

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
    • Jade Corsair
« Reply #27 on: 11 August 2023, 23:45:46 »
Are those even still canon anymore? Seriously asking.

Ray has said yes back in either the Empire or the Tamar launch thread.  Though who knows as the game starts to actually get closer to that date.

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #28 on: 12 August 2023, 00:02:22 »

Ah.  Skipped that one due to already having all the year-based TROs.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #29 on: 12 August 2023, 01:55:49 »
Given the choice between integral mobile overhead cover and a clear angle to eject I'd definitely rather be able to eject safely.

Planning around losing is a particularly Spheroid mode of thinking to Clanners, so I can see your point.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert