Author Topic: Any new audiobooks in the pipeline?  (Read 636 times)

BerserkMech

• Private
Any new audiobooks in the pipeline?
« on: 04 May 2019, 05:46:15 »
Just finished listening Embers of War ... Really great stuff!!
Not familiar with the Jihad era at all before listening. Now I have a feel of how different parties work and get things done. The narrator does an amazing job, which I'd say on a par with the performance in D&D Legends of Drizzt.

However, except for Embers of War, all the old ones on Audible are (sadly) abridged versions. Not for my taste as I don't believe a good BT novel should be finished in under 3 hours.

I want to know if there is any new audiobook in the pipeline from Catalyst. I'm pretty sure I am not alone wanting more neat products like this one.

Mechwarrior, show'em what you've bought!

Leftovernoodles

• Corporal
Re: Any new audiobooks in the pipeline?
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2019, 10:58:33 »
I too loved the Audiobook and the story for the Embers of War, and wish to see more fiction of that type and quality.

Cubby

• Space Wizard of Secrets
  • BattleTech Developer
  • Major
  • BattleTech Assistant Line Developer
Re: Any new audiobooks in the pipeline?
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2019, 08:20:53 »
The narrator does an amazing job, which I'd say on a par with the performance in D&D Legends of Drizzt.

That's Trendane Sparks, who voiced Santiago Espinosa in the recent HBS "BattleTech" PC game. A great performance here, no question. Perfect fit.

I want to know if there is any new audiobook in the pipeline from Catalyst. I'm pretty sure I am not alone wanting more neat products like this one.

There are, but nothing solid to announce for this of the CGL house just yet. Management is definitely aware of the popularity of "Embers," it's just a question of resources. (Isn't everything.)

Glad you enjoyed!
Demo Team Agent #639, northeastern Maryland.

BattleTech Assistant Line Developer, writer and editor - Sarna.net Profile

Register