Author Topic: Upcoming Releases XXVI: Unboxing Days  (Read 96181 times)

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
Re: Upcoming Releases XXVI: Unboxing Days
« Reply #60 on: 23 December 2022, 18:01:00 »
I have a tendency to cut people some slack if they're behind on their research-intensive, unpaid hobby during the most hectic time of the year, with a "once in a generation" winter storm bearing down on many of them.

I accidently read this as "WRITER storm" at first and I was like, "I appreciate the kind words as much as any freelancer but that might be a LITTLE much, even for the current crop of great writers on board and OH. Riiiight... Winter. that makes much more sense." ;-) hahahha

tassa_kay

• Major
  • Karianna Schmitt has no time for your headcanon.
    • My Facebook page!
« Reply #61 on: 23 December 2022, 18:04:41 »
I'd cut them some slack anyway. The products will be out when they're out. Badgering people about it won't make them appear any faster.
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it." - Mike Tyson

My Personal Units: Thuggee Warrior House Nagah (Capellan Confederation), 29th Blood Drinkers (Clan Blood Spirit), Nightmare Galaxy (Clan Hell's Horses), 1st Raven Rook Cluster (Raven Alliance)
Favorite Factions: Capellan Confederation • Clan Blood Spirit • Clan Smoke Jaguar • Clan Hell's Horses • Raven Alliance • Fronc Reaches • Rim Worlds Republic • Magistracy of Canopus
Favorite Characters: Malvina Hazen • Kali Liao • Katherine Steiner-Davion • Anastasia Kerensky • Danai Liao-Centrella • Karianna Schmitt • Lady Death • Tara Campbell • Katana Tormark
Favorite Units: The Golden Ordun • Wolf Hunters • 1st Horde Cluster • 1st Rasalhague Bears • Thuggee Warrior Houses • Hikage • Raptor Keshik • Kara's Scorchers • 1st Star Sentinels

ActionButler

• Global Moderator
  • Major
« Reply #62 on: 23 December 2022, 18:42:17 »
the Explorer Corps box set?

Why would you do that to me? Why? Why would you plant the seed of a fun thing that will absolutely never happen?

Experimental Technical Readout: The School
http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=56420.0

God and Davion

• Excelencia Steiner
  • Administrator
  • Major
  • This place for rent
« Reply #63 on: 23 December 2022, 18:52:28 »
Catalyst is giving us crabs again...

Could be worse though, at least its not a 100 ton fire breathing axe murderer!

Oh, yeah... About that....  O:-)

Jokes aside, I wish all of you a Merry Xmas and a great time for all of you.
We are back again... but we never forget Albatross

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #64 on: 23 December 2022, 19:25:14 »
We’re going to do like 90s sitcoms where instead of a new entry for RG28, there will be a best of Joey and Chandler list

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

jgodwin17

• Sergeant
« Reply #65 on: 23 December 2022, 19:45:42 »
I have a tendency to cut people some slack if they're behind on their research-intensive, unpaid hobby during the most hectic time of the year, with a "once in a generation" winter storm bearing down on many of them.

^This. Merry Christmas to the Catalyst people and all you fine folks as well!

Valkerie

• Captain
  • Gravity always wins.
« Reply #66 on: 23 December 2022, 23:12:15 »
Merry Christmas to everyone at CGL and all my fellow MechWarriors!  May your fusion reactors burn warm and bright (but not overheat).  ;D ;)
There is no avoiding war; it can only be postponed to the advantage of others.   -Machiavelli

Greetings, Mechwarrior!  You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against...Oops, wrong universe.  -unknown SLDF Recruiter

Because overkill is underrated my friend.  -John "Hannibal" Smith

Unit/Scheme of the Month Master Index

nova_dew

• Lieutenant
« Reply #67 on: 24 December 2022, 05:48:07 »
I accidently read this as "WRITER storm" at first and I was like, "I appreciate the kind words as much as any freelancer but that might be a LITTLE much, even for the current crop of great writers on board and OH. Riiiight... Winter. that makes much more sense." ;-) hahahha

Writer storm:

Adj;
        The sudden flurry of work for Fact Checkers after a management meeting decides on anything or a writer submits anything containing words.  :P
A member of Clan Ghost Bears Legal Team

Wargame_insomniac

• Sergeant
« Reply #68 on: 24 December 2022, 10:34:04 »
100% this - totally agree.

The Catalyst team have been great at keeping us informed at all the cool new stuff we are getting, and I hope they can all have nice festive break with their family and friends.

Thanks

five_corparty

• Lieutenant
« Reply #69 on: 24 December 2022, 14:11:54 »

Writer storm:

Adj;
        The sudden flurry of work for Fact Checkers after a management meeting decides on anything or a writer submits anything containing words.  :P

Me: -looks around nervously- so, hey, uhh, when you get my stuff, sorry in advance! -hides until the New Year-  :D ;D :D ;D

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #70 on: 24 December 2022, 18:50:38 »
So, your key plot point is that Character X overthrew the planetary government in 3043?  Didja happen to notice the sourcebook where Character X was born in 3042?   ;)

(This actually happens a few times in the House Liao sourcebook, due to the family tree foldout not synching well with the narrative)
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #71 on: 24 December 2022, 19:05:27 »
So, your key plot point is that Character X overthrew the planetary government in 3043?  Didja happen to notice the sourcebook where Character X was born in 3042?   ;)

(This actually happens a few times in the House Liao sourcebook, due to the family tree foldout not synching well with the narrative)
House Liao: reaching from the crib to stab you in the back.
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

BirdofPrey

• Major
« Reply #72 on: 24 December 2022, 19:09:42 »

Maybe they should start beta-testing the fiction.

Mendrugo

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Manei Tetatae
« Reply #73 on: 24 December 2022, 20:24:34 »
Maybe they should start beta-testing the fiction.

They do, now.  Great fact check team.  FASA era, not so much.

(Rufus Liao: We don’t talk about Rufus, no, no!)
"We have made of New Avalon a towering funeral pyre and wiped the Davion scourge from the universe.  Tikonov, Chesterton and Andurien are ours once more, and the cheers of the Capellan people nearly drown out the gnashing of our foes' teeth as they throw down their weapons in despair.  Now I am made First Lord of the Star League, and all shall bow down to me and pay homa...oooooo! Shiny thing!" - Maximillian Liao, "My Triumph", audio dictation, 3030.  Unpublished.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #74 on: 24 December 2022, 20:40:10 »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

StCptMara

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Looking for new Adder skin boots
« Reply #75 on: 25 December 2022, 00:54:04 »
Someone's going to read that and take it seriously and ask me about it for years to come and that's how stuff gets in the water supply. Keep it up and you'll be writing Far Country 2: Bird Harder.

Confirmed! Far Country sequel in the works!  >:D
"Victory or Debt!"- The Battlecry of Mercenaries everywhere

"Greetings, Mechwarrior! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against---Oops, wrong universe" - Unknown SLDF Recruiter

Reality and Battletech go hand in hand like a drug induced hallucination and engineering a fusion reactor ;-)

Wrangler

• Colonel
  • Dang it!
    • Battletech Fanon Wiki
« Reply #76 on: 25 December 2022, 10:22:36 »
Keep it up and you'll be writing Far Country 2: Bird Harder.
Personally, I think better title after years of abuse by Human on their world, it would Far Country: Angry Birds with sticks
"Men, fetch the Urbanmechs.  We have an interrogation to attend to." - jklantern
"How do you defeat a Dragau? Shoot the damn thing. Lots." - Jellico 
"No, it's a "Most Awesome Blues Brothers scene Reenactment EVER" waiting to happen." VotW Destrier - Weirdo  
"It's 200 LY to Sian, we got a full load of shells, a half a platoon of Grenadiers, it's exploding outside, and we're wearing flak jackets." VoTW Destrier - Misterpants
-Editor on Battletech Fanon Wiki

00Dawg

• CamoSpecs
  • Lieutenant
  • CamoSpecs Coordinator
« Reply #77 on: 25 December 2022, 14:49:38 »

CDT Special Agent #343

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: 27 December 2022, 07:23:44 »
Been away for a bit due to life, so now i've a bit of time i'm trying to catch up again, I see from the CGL store the Aussie's now have their own fulfilment centre, any news on one for the UK/Europe?

Failure16

• Captain
  • Better Days
« Reply #79 on: 27 December 2022, 08:25:53 »
They do, now.  Great fact check team.  FASA era, not so much.

(Rufus Liao: We don’t talk about Rufus, no, no!)

Let us be fair: the present era is different compared to the 1980s through the 1990s. Technology and society has changed. It's easier to leverage your fanbase and willing volunteers with the internet and digital files than without them, for example.

The crux of what I'm trying to say is that it is easy to deride FASA or view their work askance, but without them, we wouldn't be here right now, would we?

Having said all that, the present team has done a wonderful job of leveraging those new-found strengths--better than almost any comparable company I might add--and the extant crop of writers, developers, artists, and sundry other staff/professionals should be very proud of what they have and are in the midst of producing.

Now, let's let those newer writers get cleaner shots at Shrapnel and all the stars will have aligned.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2022, 08:27:25 by Failure16 »
Thought I might get a rocket ride when I was a child.          We are the wild youth,                                And through villages of ether
But it was a lie, that I told myself                                          Chasing visions of our futures.                   Oh, my crucifixion comes
When I needed something good.                                         One day we'll reveal the truth,                    Will you sing my hallelujah?
At 17, I had a better dream; now I'm 33, and it isn't me.      That one will die before he gets there.       Will you tell me when it's done?
But I'd think of something better if I could
                           --E. Tonra                                                      --C. Love
--A. Duritz

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #80 on: 27 December 2022, 08:43:33 »
In the 80s you could write whatever you liked. Who would have envisaged the game making 1990 let alone a 40th anniversary? It is only as more and more has been built on that rickety edifice that fact checking has become important.

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #81 on: 27 December 2022, 10:42:55 »
Remind me (as I still wait for my copy) which mechs in the Alpha Strike boxed set are reposed? I am eying up more boxed sets and the difficult question of whether: get now and end up with kickstarter of having perhaps a slightly overwhelming number of mechs to paint or leave so I have something for next year's Christmas list (but assuming they are still being printed/available) and am trying to no overlap too much...

Nevermind, somewhat against my better judgement, I bought Far Too Many mechs. (I always feel guilty about buying new toys.)

I'm going to have to start playing Alpha Strike just to make use of everything.
« Last Edit: 27 December 2022, 13:00:28 by Aotrs Commander »

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #82 on: 27 December 2022, 13:12:49 »
I don't think there are any reposes, but as well as the Wraith and Pouncer there are new variants of the Dasher, Masakari, Blackjack, Wasp, Locust, Atlas and Archer.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

pokefan548

• Captain
  • The Barracuda knows where it is, hence the -2 mod.
    • Poke's Aerospace Academy (Discord Server)
« Reply #83 on: 27 December 2022, 13:15:46 »
From memory:

New Models
Wraith
Pouncer

Variant Sculpts
Locust
Fire Moth

Reposed Sculpts
Atlas(?)
Poke's Aerospace Academy
The best place to learn and discuss AeroTech.

"Poke is just a figment of our imagination really." - Siam
"Poke isn't a real person, he's just an algorithm programmed by CGL to try and get people to try the aerospace rules." - Phantasm
"I want to plant the meat eating trees and the meat growing trees on the same planet! Watch that plant on plant violence!" - Sawtooth
Leviathans: The Great War Backer #224
BattleTech: Mercenaries Backer #23

nckestrel

• Scientia Bellator
  • Freelance Writer
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #84 on: 27 December 2022, 13:44:16 »
I don't think there are any reposes, but as well as the Wraith and Pouncer there are new variants of the Dasher, Masakari, Blackjack, Wasp, Locust, Atlas and Archer.

This is correct.
Timber Wolf, Nova, Warhammer, and Phoenix Hawk are exactly the same as previous.
New models and variants as listed above.
Dasher H, Masakari C, Blackjack BJ-3, Wasp 3W, Locust 3M, Atlas AS7-S, Archer 5R.
Alpha Strike Introduction resources
Left of Center blog - Tukayyid Expanded Random Unit Tables, Nashira Campaign for A Game of Armored Combat, TP 3039 Vega Supplemental Record Sheets

Alex Keller

• Captain
« Reply #85 on: 27 December 2022, 14:27:58 »
This is correct.
Timber Wolf, Nova, Warhammer, and Phoenix Hawk are exactly the same as previous.
Dasher H, Masakari C, Blackjack BJ-3, Wasp 3W, Locust 3M, Atlas AS7-S, Archer 5R.

I thought it was the Fire Moth (Dasher) D Configuration, no?

Greatclub

• Captain
« Reply #86 on: 27 December 2022, 14:29:35 »
definately not an H; 2 barrels on each arm, one in the torso. H would have a lot more in the arms.

Aotrs Commander

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #87 on: 27 December 2022, 15:21:18 »
This is correct.

I did mean variants, not reposes. I did in the end find a post in the Alpha Strike thread a while back. Somewhat irrevelavnt as I say since I got... All but one of the boxes sets I didn't have anyway. So I will have... (13+5 AS plus Wolf's Dragoons when it ever arrives)+(5+4+4 boxes on restock)+(4+4+4+4+5 boxes that might come before New Year) plus the Heavy Battle Lance I had for Christmas plus... 28? (not counting vehicles).. 88... Mechs this year...? (That'll take me up to the 400 mark.)

REALLY need to be able to play more than once a year.

(That said 1600 starships, spent about the same again on getting a fleet in resin - though that's partly work - and I managed one LESS game this year. And aside from computer gaming, I literally don't have any other hobbies and I don't even Pub or drink or anything so...)

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #88 on: 27 December 2022, 15:48:37 »
Nevermind, somewhat against my better judgement, I bought Far Too Many mechs. (I always feel guilty about buying new toys.)

Sounds like better judgement to me! Don't feel guilty. Think of the joy those 'Mechs will bring!
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • Need a hand?
« Reply #89 on: 27 December 2022, 15:54:14 »
I thought it was the Fire Moth (Dasher) D Configuration, no?

Yeah, it's the D.  Has two lasers in each arm and one on the torso.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman