Author Topic: 4100 Ton (Perry Class) Frigate Request.  (Read 2862 times)

sp111kg

• Corporal
  • Clan Wolf
4100 Ton (Perry Class) Frigate Request.
« on: 10 May 2018, 19:26:49 »
Hello all, starting a naval game using Alpha Strike rules. While Im sure I can do the conversion from CBT to AS, I have issues with the CBT side of things. I find that I have loads of space left. Was wondering if I could get a frigate that comes in at 4100 tons or little more. Would not need to have anti sub mission use but would still like a helipad. Anything else is up to you.
If you can, id like to stay with projectile weapons as well.
Thank you in advance. I have seen other frigates but they fall short of mission requirements (I can rp too)
sp111kg

Retry

• Lieutenant
Re: 4100 Ton (Perry Class) Frigate Request.
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2018, 19:44:47 »
Perry-Class?  You mean like the Oliver Hazard Perry-Class?

sp111kg

• Corporal
  • Clan Wolf
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2018, 20:23:14 »
Thats was the original basis for my frigate, but I've had issues making it. Its probably my lack of understanding of the rules. At the armor building phase, I get thrown off. As when in AS stats, I have 10 armor. While a lot, its nowhere near the ww2 armored cruisers of 70-80 armor, or what I would think a frigate would have. Though again, I suspect its an accurate reflection of the ships from the eras. Just thought Id see what someone else could do to see if im on the right track. Both ships would be added to the fleet if so.
sp111kg

Brother Jim

• Lieutenant
« Reply #3 on: 11 May 2018, 18:34:57 »
The Oliver Hazard Perry class isn't armored at all IRL, you can shoot through the skin of the ship with an AK-47. The fuel tanks on the water line would stop that though.

Giovanni Blasini

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • And I think it's gonna be a long, long time...
« Reply #4 on: 11 May 2018, 21:15:30 »
I think the armor in this case is more going to represent how many holes you need to blow in the ship to sink it.
"Does anyone know where the love of God goes / When the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
-- Gordon Lightfoot, "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald"

sp111kg

• Corporal
  • Clan Wolf
« Reply #5 on: 11 May 2018, 22:37:42 »
Thats what I figured. It ends up with 10 armor. So Im thinking its not very well suited as a combat ship in battletech, but as a ship that will be at range firing cruise missiles and defending other ships.
So its stats are accurate. I should just add specials such as Arrow in anti-air duty as well as flak. Perhaps a cruise missile or two. While lowering its armor. A Cheap, strong unit that dies when looked at. Issue is that we are combining WW2 ships and Moderns. Arguable that a WW2 ship in range of a modern will rip her apart.
sp111kg

Register