Author Topic: Inner Sphere Kickstarter Insurgency  (Read 13816 times)

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
Inner Sphere Kickstarter Insurgency
« on: 20 July 2019, 07:14:44 »
As recommended by several folks here, and on the Kickstarter itself, I'm probably going to back at the $1 level and add-on the Inner Sphere stuff I actually want.  So far, that list includes:

$50 A Game of Armored Combat box (Found one at a FLGS!)
$40 Inner Sphere Retaliation (a duplicate set of AGoAC and Beginner Box minis, 10 total)
$20 Inner Sphere Command Lance (Marauder, Archer, Valkyrie, Stinger) *UNCHANGED
$20 Inner Sphere Battle Lance (Warhammer, Rifleman, Phoenix Hawk, Wasp) *UNCHANGED
$20 Inner Sphere Direct Fire Lance (Atlas, Marauder II, Orion, Crusader) *UNCHANGED
$20 Inner Sphere Heavy Lance (Banshee, Grasshopper, Centurion, Hatchetman) *UNCHANGED
$20 Inner Sphere Striker Lance (Blackjack, Panther, Wolfhound, Jenner) *UNCHANGED
$20 Inner Sphere Fire Support Lance (Longbow, Bombardier Stalker, Trebuchet, Whitworth Zeus) *TWO CHANGES

The one I'm not really feeling (so far) is the:
Berserker Heavy Battle Lance (Berserker Nightstar, Axman, Firestarter (Omnimech) Bushwhacker, Scarabus Cataphract)

I've also briefly considered the map scale Fortress DropShip, but that looks like too much work.

The latest set of stretch goals only state there will be additional lance packs, and I'll add them here when they're detailed.

EDIT #1: The two ComStar Level IIs!  I'll probably pick up both of these (for a total of $270 $260, still short of Star Colonel... at least one of the two unidentified lances will need to be IS to make me consider it and gift the clan 'mechs to others).  The other unidentified Stars/Lances haven't been identified yet, but will be added here when they are.

$30 ComStar Level II #1 (King Crab, Highlander, Black Knight, Exterminator, Hermes Sentinel, Mercury) *CGL change NOT based on fan feedback
$30 ComStar Level II #2 (Crockett, Flashman, Guillotine, Lancelot, Crab, Mongoose) *UNCHANGED

EDIT #2: The two backer picked lances are BOTH IS (which I'll probably pick up)!  I count that as a victory for the insurgents, as everyone knows the insurgent definition of success is a low bar...

$20 Inner Sphere Urban Lance (Raven, Enforcer, Hunchback, Victor)
$20 Inner Sphere Support Lance (Dragon, Thug, Cyclops, Spider)

Here's to hoping an Inner Sphere Insurgent backer level (or two) is added!  (EDIT: That's a NO per Adrian Gideon... apparently Kickstarter doesn't allow adding pledge levels after a campaign begins, at least not anymore) I'm also wondering if there will ever be any Inner Sphere "salvage"... (EDIT: That's also a NO per Adrian Gideon.  Apparently something was misstated somewhere on the KS page that gave the impression it was a possibility)
« Last Edit: 29 July 2019, 19:25:16 by Daryk »

Lynx

• Corporal
Re: Inner Sphere Kickstarter Insurgency
« Reply #1 on: 20 July 2019, 09:04:30 »
Actually, the main thing here is how well set up you are already for things like rules and record sheets. If you are relatively well set up, then one other way to truly be an Inner Sphere insurgent is to go a higher backer level, and then just pick IS packs as rewards, and instead of getting the AGOAC, just take advantage of the $40 offer for the IS mechs and get those instead. Basically, prioritize mechs over game aids.

I'm not really saying that it'd be cheaper per se, but you can take advantage of the "free" salvage box and the basic Clan box to build a core of Clan mechs for future use.  If you have certain key Mechs you want duplicates of, going to Bloodname level or higher can be a way to get those as well as the Salvage boxes.

I backed at the Star Colonel level, and I'm getting 40 Clan mechs... and 40 IS mechs. Coupled with my existing inventory of new sculpts, that's 40 Clan vs. 60 IS. That should be a fair fight...

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #2 on: 20 July 2019, 09:08:59 »
All true, but I don't honestly have any future use for clan 'mechs.  The IS has all the OPFOR I could ever wish for, and then some.

SteelRaven

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Fight for something or Die for nothing
    • The Steel-Raven at DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: 20 July 2019, 09:17:06 »
All true, but I don't honestly have any future use for clan 'mechs.  The IS has all the OPFOR I could ever wish for, and then some.
Some of us like the clans and have been waiting a very long time for this. We should all get our day in the sun.
Battletech Art and Commissions
http://steel-raven.deviantart.com

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #4 on: 20 July 2019, 09:19:21 »
I doubt they’ll be adding more pledge levels as keep shipping and processing headaches to a minimum (and they will be numerous). But you rarely get something you don’t ask for so make your opinion known on the KS comments

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #5 on: 20 July 2019, 09:24:27 »
Some of us like the clans and have been waiting a very long time for this. We should all get our day in the sun.
And you're having it.  I'm not taking anything away from the clan fans by providing a place for the IS folks to chat about the Kickstarter.

Sartris: will do, once I pledge.  :thumbsup:

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #6 on: 20 July 2019, 09:29:16 »
I would suggest the Warrior or Ristar level if you were interested in fiction.  I want to say a significant amount of the unlocked bennies start kicking in at Ristar over Warrior . . . and with the Salvage box you get a 8 in 23 chance of drawing a IS mech.
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #7 on: 20 July 2019, 09:33:04 »
I'm missing that... the only references to salvage boxes I see all specify omnimechs.  At least the answer to my IS salvage question is "sometimes, yes!"  :)

SteveRestless

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 20 July 2019, 09:45:53 »
So, last I heard it sounded like there was a chance you might wind up with Inner Sphere stuff in the salvage boxes. If that's true, as a clan-focused player, if I get any spheroid mechs, I'm gonna be looking to trade for Clan ones. Especially that Invasion box Timber Wolf.

So, keep that in mind. That you can always sell or trade a few to a player who prefers the clans
Шонхорын хурдаар хурцлан давшъя, Чонын зоригоор асан дүрэлзэье, Тэнхээт морьдын туурайгаар нүргэе, Тамгат Чингисийн ухаанаар даръя | Let’s go faster than a falcon, Let’s burn with the wolf’s courage, Let’s roar with the hooves of strong horses, Let’s go with the wisdom of Tamgat Genghis - The Hu, Wolf Totem

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #9 on: 20 July 2019, 09:47:55 »

From the FAQ:
They will be drawn from the Clan Invasion and the first 2-4 Clan Star Packs. Basically, the ones that are done or will be done in time for the First Wave of product.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #10 on: 20 July 2019, 09:51:03 »
It's confusing, but I'm pretty sure catalyst will add some leeway when we are picking stuff out after the fact. Not really by subtracting money, but just adding more to throw on the new addons since they are going to be the releases well past the actual box set.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #11 on: 20 July 2019, 10:08:51 »
From the FAQ:

Watch the latest video discussing it, Salvage boxes are the first question answered.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #12 on: 20 July 2019, 10:45:16 »
Ah, video corrections to text...  ::)

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #13 on: 20 July 2019, 10:57:18 »
Not sure who is doing the FAQs, but Adrian was already correcting the one about the character mentions.
Colt Ward

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #14 on: 20 July 2019, 21:32:14 »
Yikes... Having been away from the computer for a bit to actually play the game, I'm even more glad I started this thread.  I've got two PAGES to catch up on in the main Kickstarter thread.  At least here, I can count the posts without resorting to "pages"...

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #15 on: 20 July 2019, 21:35:30 »
Not sure who is doing the FAQs, but Adrian was already correcting the one about the character mentions.

I hope I don’t get used as a clanner

BEHOLD! CENTURIES OF MANIACAL, RUTHLESS  SELECTIVE BREEDING HAVE FORGED THE PERFECT WARRIOR

[cue picture of my fat turd face]

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #16 on: 20 July 2019, 22:47:21 »
OK, just backed the project for $1 so I could advocate for IS pledge levels and for Swaybacks!  I saw other comments asking for them, so I tried to bolster the case by suggesting a Medium Battle Lance consisting of a 4J, 4N, 4P, and 4SP.  I figured they were the four that would be most distinct from the base 4G model, and they could work well together.

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #17 on: 20 July 2019, 23:07:30 »
If I only wanted IS (which is the majority of what I want), I would still do a large pledge just for the doubles then ebay the clans or gift them to a player or players you are close to at x-mas. Especially since none of this will retail before x-mas of 2021 since the backers get it first and they likely wont be done with fulfillment until x-mas or mid 2022.

Going Star Colonel will get you the clan box and 6 star/lance packs which are doubleed (12 total). Pick the 6 you want doubled then do add-on lances. That will give you the clan box with 2 elemental points and 6 salvage boxes (check for IS first) to sell and get back some of the money spent, plus you get the faction kit. If your faction isn't there, that is something else to get your money back from. If people are greedy enough for early access you could have the clans pay for your KS pledge lol :thumbsup:

But... my HBS BattleTech KS jacket is lonely so I'm going to try to get it a matching faction t-shirt ;D :P

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #18 on: 21 July 2019, 05:51:30 »
Oddly enough, my group just scratched the surface of that idea around the game last night.  We'll see how it goes!  :thumbsup:

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #19 on: 21 July 2019, 06:55:52 »
Squinting at the Star Colonel level, it's now clear to me that the "Mech Count" they include at each level only considers clan formations (stars of 5).  If you opt for an IS lance, you only get 4.  And it also appears the only challenge coins you can get via a pledge level are clan ones.

Lorcan Nagle

• 75 tons of heavy metal mayhem
  • Global Moderator
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • We're back, baby!
« Reply #20 on: 21 July 2019, 06:57:29 »
Squinting at the Star Colonel level, it's now clear to me that the "Mech Count" they include at each level only considers clan formations (stars of 5).  If you opt for an IS lance, you only get 4.  And it also appears the only challenge coins you can get via a pledge level are clan ones.

If you select lance packs for your rewards you get 1 Salvage Pack per lance to keep the mini count consistent.
The moderator formerly known as the user formerly known as nenechan

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #21 on: 21 July 2019, 07:18:16 »
I thought the salvage boxes were added to the stars too...  ???

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #22 on: 21 July 2019, 07:20:08 »
Nope, 5 clan mechs or 4 IS plus a salvage box

Lynx

• Corporal
« Reply #23 on: 21 July 2019, 07:20:54 »
I thought the salvage boxes were added to the stars too...  ???
No, they are only added to IS Lances (selected as Pledge items) to round the number to 5, or if you buy them separately. This I feel is to avoid complaints that IS backers will lose out in money value at any given tier.

That's why as a IS insurgent, you'd inevitably pick up Clan Salvage. Those Salvage boxes are random draw from the first few Clan packs, so are likely to draw from the initial 16 fron TRO:3050 (plus a few others).
« Last Edit: 21 July 2019, 07:23:12 by Lynx »

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #24 on: 21 July 2019, 07:34:45 »
I'm clearly blind... I'm just not seeing it anywhere on the page, but it's obviously there somewhere.  Thank you all for the clarification!

Lynx

• Corporal
« Reply #25 on: 21 July 2019, 07:38:29 »
I'm clearly blind... I'm just not seeing it anywhere on the page, but it's obviously there somewhere.  Thank you all for the clarification!
Check under the early Lance packs. For example, at the $100k level, they have one line: "If taken as a reward, the Lance Pack comes with a free Salvage Box."

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #26 on: 21 July 2019, 07:42:36 »
I had to go back and find it too. Hopefully the graphics guy is doing some updates to make all of it more clear at a glance than having to hunt for a google sheet

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #27 on: 21 July 2019, 07:46:58 »
Especially a google sheet that requires an account to see...  :P

Cache

• Captain
    • Lords of the Battlefield
« Reply #28 on: 21 July 2019, 10:16:05 »
Especially a google sheet that requires an account to see...  :P