Author Topic: Record sheets for the Bastion fleet  (Read 545 times)

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
Record sheets for the Bastion fleet
« on: 23 October 2023, 17:34:08 »
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vjEjU42y1b6JUyu975J2ZvQpUW0lkuuy/view?usp=share_link

At the end of this link is a (currently) 80 page pdf containing the record sheets for aerospace units used by or at least related to the navy of the Bastion.

As for the history of these units and the nation they are a part of... well, I'm working on it. I've managed to get fluff text written and posted to this board for a few of them, including the way too long epic of the battleship Washington. I hope to eventually get all of them detailed. Some will get full entries, others (primarily variants of existing designs) will be grouped together as part of larger entries.

Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Smegish

• Warrant Officer
Re: Record sheets for the Bastion fleet
« Reply #1 on: 23 October 2023, 17:45:52 »
Is there something missing on the Czar (2783)? Seems an awful lot of dropship to only have 567 tons of cargo and nothing else...

EDIT: Same with the Jumbo (2783), both are missing a bunch of tonnage compared to the 2785 versions. If the answers to these questions will be revealed in the future, carry on sir and I shall wait.   :cheesy:
« Last Edit: 23 October 2023, 17:54:13 by Smegish »

Liam's Ghost

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Miss Chitty finds your honor rules quaint.
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2023, 17:54:09 »
Is there something missing on the Czar (2783)? Seems an awful lot of dropship to only have 567 tons of cargo and nothing else...

The 2783 versions of the Czar and the Jumbo carry a whole bunch of passenger quarters, which isn't readily apparent on the record sheet. Basically, those ships were pulled out of mothballs and turned into refugee ships. After those refugees were settled in the Bastion, the ships were converted to cargo transports.
Good news is the lab boys say the symptoms of asbestos poisoning show an immediate latency of 44.6 years. So if you're thirty or over you're laughing. Worst case scenario you miss out on a few rounds of canasta, plus you've forwarded the cause of science by three centuries. I punch those numbers into my calculator, it makes a happy face.

(indirect accessory to the) Slayer of Monitors!

Smegish

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2023, 17:54:34 »
Fair enough, makes sense

Register