Author Topic: Fate Can Be Cruel (Part One)  (Read 136067 times)

EAGLE 7

• Master Sergeant
Re: Fate Can Be Cruel
« Reply #1020 on: 30 June 2020, 16:48:35 »
    What is an atrocity in atmosphere, works wonders for anti-space infrastructure removal.
     What cracks a Brian fort penetrates the refit yards and the four warships inside the yard and out the far side.
“ My Clan honor is bigger than your Dragon honor, and comes in 18 clan flavors.”

Kyryst

• Sergeant
« Reply #1021 on: 01 July 2020, 10:12:17 »
I hope the Hidden Hegemony forces bring enough (or have ready to jump in after hostile forces are neutralized) personnel (infantry, ship crew, marines, and engineers) and equipment (workmechs, cargo dropships, and transport jumpships) to really raid New Samarkand. If they can gain control of any warships being worked on or additional factory or shipyard equipment, that would be a double win for the Hegemony beyond the raid. As well as tweaking the Dragon's whiskers.

I am looking forward to reading the action at Old Canton and New Samarkand, as well as elsewhere.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #1022 on: 02 July 2020, 20:33:29 »
21 June 2786
Atreus (Free Worlds League)

Captain General Kenyon Marik read the report from his spies in the Terran Hegemony. He laid the report down and picked up the report on the losses being reported from Inglesmond suffered by the Draconis Combine and Terran Hegemony. He tossed the report down onto his desk with a snort. So, Coordinator Kurita has suffered a much bigger defeat than he had, good he thought.

His spies had combed many open sources of information to try and get a firm picture of what was truth in the Terran Hegemony. He had spies on Free World jumpships plying the space lanes gathering up to date intel on current Terran Hegemony troop displacements and warship locations. He had not forgotten nor forgiven how that upstart Amanda Cameron had "forced" him to back down.

Only this time, he was going to show her that her Terran Hegemony was a mere shadow of it's former self. He had spent the time wisely and everything was almost in place and ready. He just needed the right time to strike. He picked up the thick folder on his desk that outlined the coming storm.

Operation Swift Justice

Van Diemen IV - 2nd Marik Militia
Talitha - 2nd Atrean Dragoons
Tyrfing - 23rd Marik Militia
Castor - 5th Atrean Dragoons
New Dallas - 3rd Atrean Dragoons
Callison - 23rd Marik Militia
Marcus - Iron Guard
Denebola - 34th Marik Militia
Connaught - 1st, 5th and 6th FW Guards

Warship Support

3rd Fleet - 4 Atreus Battleship, 1 Aegis Cruiser, 6 League II Destroyer
4th Fleet - 4 Atreus Battleship, 1 Aegis Cruiser, 6 League II Destroyer
5th Fleet - 4 Atreus Battleship, 1 Aegis Cruiser, 6 League II Destroyer

Additional Forces For Garrison
28 Armor Regiments
60 Infantry Regiments

He closed the folder, now I just need the perfect moment to strike, he thought with a sly smile.

Terra (Terran Hegemony)

General Rita Mitchell was worried, even though the counter attacks into the Combine were going well, the intel reports from the Free Worlds border were not casting a good forecast. She was not sure she could stave off an attack by 2 Houses at the same time. And if 2 Houses jumped on the Hegemony, she was sure the Lyran and Capellan's would not stay out of the Hegemony. She was sure the Federated Suns would stay true though, and that was the one bright spot.

But her biggest concern came from several systems of the Hegemony that had more or less sided with Amaris during the Coup or who still held a grudge against the SLDF for not being liberated fast enough. Those systems had already approached several Houses about leaving the Hegemony. She honestly did not know what to do about these systems. She studied the star map, Terra Firma (Capellan Confederation), Thorin (Lyran), Zollikofen (Lyran), Epsilon Indi (Capellan) and Brownsville (Capellan). She knew Amanda had dispatched negotiators to each of the systems in question to discuss their issues, but talks had gotten no where.

Recruitment for local Conventional RCT's had failed on each of those systems in question, which had forced her to deploy garrison's from other systems. Those garrisons had been greeted with open hostility, but so far no violence had been directed towards the garrisons. On the bright side, the militia on New Dallas had rebuilt to a full Division in size once again. That was one system she did not have to worry about at least.

Old Canton (Draconis Combine)

Vice Admiral Barbara Coltrain led the fleet of warships and transports into the Old Canton system. On their arrival, Combine Jumpships made emergency jumps from the system, but she had issued orders for any ships to be allowed to leave. She ordered the evacuation of the recharge station at the Zenith Jump Point, and once it was empty she ordered it destroyed. Major General Colin McGregor ordered the 29th Mechanized Infantry Division to make their landings and spend 2 days maximum targeting any garrison and industry that would help the Combine.

Multan (Draconis Combine)

The combined raiding force had made their landing on Multan and quickly dispersed the small conventional militia force. Moving to the given location of the hidden supply caches, they discovered that each one had been emptied. No forced entry had been detected so they could only assume that General Kerensky had ordered them emptied. With the local population not hostile at all, all 3 commanders agreed that they would not destroy anything on this Combine planet and boarded their Dropships for the trip back to the Jump Point.

Kyryst

• Sergeant
« Reply #1023 on: 02 July 2020, 21:49:36 »
Well, except for Old Canton and New Dallas, there has been nothing but bad news. I hope the TH's luck turns around. Although, Marik holding off attacking means more time for the warships to get repaired, and the factories to produce. So, maybe, some good news?

I also hope the dropping of HPGs across the FWL when Marik pulls the trigger causes absolute havoc. Which is good, because that weight of metal coming across the border is going to be hard to stop.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
  • The Double Deuce II/II-σ
« Reply #1024 on: 03 July 2020, 02:50:24 »
As bad as a Marik attack will be, worlds wanting to leave the Hegemony are what will kill it...  :-\

EAGLE 7

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1025 on: 03 July 2020, 09:03:56 »
    Amanda needs to start a psy-ops campaign in the FWL, send a HPG message to every Provence head and major bank and corporate head warning them of the shutdown of the HPG network when Marik jumps the border. Then explain that she will seek restitution for any damage he causes in TH planetary systems, which will ultimately come from their pockets. Be sure to amend financials for GNP loss because of the Mariks actions.
    See how he likes it when both money and political power start screaming at the Marik for being a temporary brain dead.
     Also time to place worms in HPG system and suicide charges that fry the data core and pop the HPG,( energy to send data 30 ly is enough to create a big crater). In case the Mario tries to steal a March on the TH by assaulting the HPG stations or subverting the network operators.
    I imagine the HPG system is tied into the banking systems, with the eager beaver Cameron’s putting backdoor bypasses into the networks or zero day exploits.

Kenyon Mario sitting at his desk enjoying the rich goodness of  his morning coffee, the look of pure glee on his face. Kenyon looks at the clock on his computer, “ The planetary assaults should have landed by now, in 4 or 5 hours and my agents should be letting me know by HPG how my brilliant plan has come together”.
 Just then the computer on his desk announcers “ You have Mail”.

Huh...... that is from one of my private bank accounts......WHAT! “How could I have overdrawn my account? I own the bank!

“ You have Mail”.
 “ You have Mail”.
 “ You have Mail”.
 “ You have Mail”.
 “ You have Mail”.

The cup of coffee that moments ago brought so much joy went across the room, shattering on the door, right before it was flung open and half his advisors come running into his inner sanctum.

The Minister of Communications shouts Sir, Sir, the HPG network is down....
At the same time Kenyons Finance Minister is screaming “ All the Marik bank accounts have been emptied”.

Meanwhile on Terra.....
Amanda Cameron is sipping her morning coffee and her IPad 2800 pings “You have mail”.
  Amanda opens the email from her bank.
Nice to see my investments in the Marik banking systems have paid off......sipp....sipp. “Going to be a good day”....sipp. Amanda continues to sip her coffee, but with a big smile on her face.

« Last Edit: 03 July 2020, 12:54:55 by EAGLE 7 »
“ My Clan honor is bigger than your Dragon honor, and comes in 18 clan flavors.”

Artifex

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1026 on: 03 July 2020, 09:41:32 »
This is a good idea indeed EAGLE7 :D Let see whether 2ndAcr makes it happen! :D

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1027 on: 03 July 2020, 13:15:09 »
Is the HPG network in the FWL still under control of proto-Comstar?  If it is, can't Amanda Cameron do a PR campaign in the FWL that peace and trade is more fruitful than war?  Does Kenyon Marik know what happened to the HPG system in the Draconis Combine? 

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #1028 on: 03 July 2020, 23:29:10 »
25 June 2786
Terra (Terran Hegemony)

Allison Tallonsin, Free Worlds Ambassador to the Terran Hegemony, was admitted to the large office of Director General Amanda Cameron, she still refused to have the Throne Room unsealed. She bowed her head at Director General Cameron "How may I be of service Director General Cameron?"

"Ambassador Tallonsin, I need you to make sure a message get's to Captain General Marik. It seems he refuses to take my call's." Amanda said

"Certainly Director General Cameron. What message would you like for me to deliver to the Captain General?" Ambassador Tallonsin asked

Amanda handed over a envelope containing the message she wanted delivered, once it was accepted she said "You may read it Ambassador, your going to be transmitting it anyway."

Ambassador Tallonsin extracted the single page inside and read.

Captain General Marik,

You have avoided my many attempts to communicate with you. I send this message via your own communication methods to make sure it arrives in your hands. I find your current troop build up near the borders of the Hegemony threatening. I want to very clear with no misunderstanding between us. If the Free Worlds League launches an attack on the Terran Hegemony, your nation will face the same fate as currently faced by the Draconis Combine. I will order a complete shut down of ALL HPG stations inside the Free Worlds League with orders to destroy any station threatened or any attempt to sieze the station.

The Terran Hegemony will, if attacked, defend itself with all the fury and might that we can muster. Know that I will not allow the fighting to be contained within the borders of the Hegemony but will bring the fight into the Free Worlds League. I would tell you to contact Coordinator Kurita and ask how the war is fairing for him, but it might take a long time for the message to arrive via jumpship. Your forces have once before committed an act of war against the Hegemony not long ago and I thought we had a very clear understanding between us, but your troop build up tells me otherwise.

I would hope to avoid hostilities between our nations. I hope that you rethink your current plans and communicate with me. I am always available to speak.

Director General Amanda Cameron

Ambassador Tallonsin replaced the page into the envelope and looked at Director General Amanda Cameron "The Captain General will not look kindly at threats to the Free Worlds League."

"What threat did I make Ambassador? I merely explained what would occur should your Captain General decided to wage war on the Hegemony. Now, this message is of the utmost importance, so I suggest you hurry along and deliver it before Kenyon Marik makes a mistake that could cost your nation dearly." Amanda said dismissing the Ambassador

At the Krester's Ship Construction yards, Admiral Joan Brandt stared at the 3 Texas Battleships rapidly taking shape. With the recovered jump cores already constructed, construction time was cut almost in half and estimates placed their readiness at May 2787. She pressed the shipyard workers to hurry construction as quick as possible. She really needed the firepower these 3 Battleships could deliver. In her hand she held a message from Mitchell Vehicles at Graham IV informing her that all 6 Luxor Heavy Cruisers would be completed 2 months earlier than expected which put their delivery around December 2786.

The influx of warships from Inglesmond had threatened to overload the resources of the Hegemony, but it amazed her how the engineers and workers from the varied manufacturers pooled their resources to overcome every obstacle they faced to effect the needed repairs. SLS Thunderer, Monsoon Battleship had completed repairs and was once again battle ready of needed. Both captured Combine Monsoon Battleships would need another 3 months of work before they were battle ready. Only a month was needed to repair the battle damage, but another 2 months was needed for the upgrades to both vessels to mirror SLS Thunderer.

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #1029 on: 04 July 2020, 00:17:54 »
that is some heavy metal for the TH.  i just don't think HM is going to like the message and do something dumb. 

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1030 on: 04 July 2020, 00:42:05 »
He was going to do something dumb anyway, really...  ^-^

Artifex

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1031 on: 04 July 2020, 01:58:59 »
Ah well guys, you know how it goes, when a mans pride is under attack, we do tend to react more often than not most foolishly!  8)

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1032 on: 04 July 2020, 03:41:00 »
keep in mind, Kenyon, unlike some other Great Lords, can be removed from office Legally by his national parliament...and there's even legal precedence.  If that message hit the floor of said body in the FWL, he could end up with a domestic political fracas that puts paid to ANY offensive action, against anyone else.
"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1033 on: 04 July 2020, 05:49:16 »
So Amanda just needs to make sure her letter leaks on Atreus...  ^-^

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1034 on: 04 July 2020, 06:03:10 »
So Amanda just needs to make sure her letter leaks on Atreus...  ^-^

yah.  She needs to be playing the game on multiple levels-which Kerensky didn't understand (and is why he failed so hard with Richard).  She's got a pretty good military toolbox, but that toolbox gets a lot better if she realizes the political tools she has to work with-and she has, to some extent with the HPG net.

some of the other tools she might use include any records from 'closed' meetings of the Star League Council prior to the coup-particularly Kenyon's behaviour IN said council.  leaking that the FWL press can be highly effective at destabilizing his political goals domestically.  With proper editing, such 'viral' releases could trigger a real issue for the Mariks as a whole, particularly if  Kenyon is painted as having tacitly (or overtly) supported Amaris.  the sudden need to explain that those clips aer out of context, or that 'that wasn't what I meant when I said that' can do wonders for destabilizing his control not only of the League Senate, but of the FWL Military.

"If you have to ask permission, then it's no longer a Right, it has been turned into a Privilege-something that can be and will be taken from you when convenient."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1035 on: 04 July 2020, 06:08:27 »
This is why I have hope things in this sandbox will go longer than expected...  :)

DEZOAT

• Lieutenant
« Reply #1036 on: 04 July 2020, 08:20:27 »
 ??? Where is House Steiner? I thought they would be attacking House Marik by now or are they waiting for the Marik to attack Terran Hegemony. When that happen they hit Marik.  Systems that want leave the Terran Hegemony trade them to Steiner and the Liao for some help or supply. I think some those systems close to those Houses by the way. Well see what happen.

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #1037 on: 04 July 2020, 16:12:27 »
1 July 2786
Luthien (Draconis Combine)

Coordinator Minoru Kurita had finally received word of the attacks along his Periphery border which had sent him into a furious rant. He had finally begun to get his temper under control when word of the counter attack at Al Nair and then the attack on Lapida II and Kurhah arrived. The almost 2 week lag in getting any word from the front lines was hampering any rapid response. Not to mention the massive numbers of Jumpships being removed from their normal operations just to maintain that communication link with the front lines.

When he was handed a communication from Sho-sho Edward Wakatonga, commander 25th Deiron Regulars, he read the message. The messenger felt the fear rise inside of him as he watched the Coordinator's face redden in anger. He forced his eyes back to the floor from risk of being caught watching and flinched at the sound of crumpled paper. When the Coordinator said "Leave me." the messenger nearly broke his own neck in his haste to leave.

Coordinator Minora Kurita struggled to contain his anger, he could not believe the nerve of this Wakatonga. He forced himself to close his eyes and took a deep breathe.

Coordinator Kurita,

I am writing the letter to inform you that myself and my command, the 25th Deiron Regulars, have made the decision to leave Combine employ. This decision was not as hard as the one we made when we left the SLDF to enter Combine employ. Where before we were war weary, this time your actions in launching an unprovoked attack on the Terran Hegemony coupled with the careless way in which you have endangered Combine civilians with the HPG interdiction made our decision much easier.

We do want to thank you for the fine equipment upgrades and transport assets. We promise that they will be put to good use and will not be wasted. I offer you some free advice, end this war soon before the Combine suffers possibly unrecoverable damage.

Former Sho-sho, now Lieutenant General
 Edward Wakatonga

When he opened his eyes, he was much calmer. But a question nagged the back of his brain, have I made a serious miscalculation.

4 July 2786
New Samarkand (Draconis Combine)

As the former capital of the Draconis Combine, New Samarkand saw massive amounts of interstellar traffic. Coupled with the DeHuego & Freshet WarShip Design shipyard complex, both Jump Points were almost always crowded. Though dwarfed by much larger shipyards, DeHuego & Freshet's complex built 2 Narukami II Destroyers per year and 1 Samarkand II Carrier per year. This was dwarfed by the much larger complex located at Midway. But still a vital part of the DCMS's warship construction efforts. These 3 warships would be completed in 2 months and would form a permanent presence in New Samarkand.

On the surface, while most major industrial concerns had left New Samarkand after it lost the title of Capital, Wakazashi Enterprises still maintained a fairly sizable factory producing Panther PNT-8Z and PNT-9R Battlemechs at 240 per year and Luthien Armor Works had refurbished it's long dormant factory in conjunction with Diplan Mechyards to produce the hugely successful Jenner Battlemech on it's refurbished and reconfigured Gladiator lines at a rate of 360 per year. This had been given a top priority after Diplan Mechyards factory on Ozawa had been forbidden to sell it's products to the Draconis Combine.

Thazi (Terran Hegemony)

General Heinrich Rommel was glad to finally have the recovery fleet from the Rim Worlds Outpost back home. The recovered Riga Frigate and Vincent Corvette were currently awaiting a slip to undergo a refit and upgrade. A new group of 165,000 people from Mitchell Vehicles had arrived and he had been informed that every one of them came from their Warship and Dropship Divisions. He had them sent direct to Linden, the Periphery Hegemony's primary warship construction location.

He had word that several captured Combine warships were on their way back for major repairs and that Operation Black Eye was proceeding as planned. Along with the ever present request from Major General Colin McGregor to take his forces to assist General Rita Mitchell via direct path through the Combine raising hell all the way. He sent his usual response to the request, "Complete Operation Black Eye first."

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1038 on: 04 July 2020, 16:26:33 »
Could it be?  Is Minoru finally starting to see the light?  ::)

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #1039 on: 04 July 2020, 16:50:30 »
why do i suddenly see a lot Helms coming

Cannonshop

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1040 on: 04 July 2020, 17:00:59 »
Could it be?  Is Minoru finally starting to see the light?  ::)

He WAS reputed to be far more intelligent than his Heir Jinjiro.

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1041 on: 04 July 2020, 17:10:59 »
I literally can't think of a lower bar...  ;D

Kyryst

• Sergeant
« Reply #1042 on: 04 July 2020, 18:04:56 »
Well, the 2 months to launch date for the warships, puts a hard “to invade by” date that the HH doesn’t know about. Good thing is, they seem to be on schedule to attack before then.

And good news for Amanda, pretty much every week or month that others hold off invading increases her warship strength now. The SLS Lady Shandra is a prime example, she should have completed repairs and pulled out of the shipyard in the time period of this last update. And in the next 21 days, 4 destroyers and a carrier, too. And if she is really lucky, the first batch of Vincent destroyers should be rolling out soon, too. As long as there is people to crew them, they are ready to go.

... Of course this means that something is probably about to happen, now.

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #1043 on: 04 July 2020, 18:26:20 »
i was just hoping that New Samarkand get hit and the DC loses those ships to a boarding teams.  maybe a mixed team of FS/LC and TH. 

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #1044 on: 04 July 2020, 18:44:15 »
5 July 2786
Luthien (Draconis Combine)

Coordinator Minoru Kurita sat with his son Jinjiro Kurita going over planning for both the war against the Terran Hegemony but also the upcoming war against the hated Federated Suns. Things were not going to plan, not by a long shot.

"How is the buildup coming?" Minoru Kurita asked

"Thing are going well father. The huge losses we have suffered against the Terran Hegemony worries me. Now you have ordered the 2nd Fleet to move to the Terran Hegemony and that threatens our planning. Now we have reports of Hegemony forces raiding our periphery borders complete with warship support. Where they came from, we have not determined, but they are very worrying.

So far, I have managed to mass 50 Battlemech Regiments and roughly 150 Regiments each of Armor, Infantry and Aerospace along the Federated Suns border. My plan call for overwhelming the Federated Suns border with massive warship support. The losses to 3rd and 4th Fleet's remove them from my equations. I had 5 Fleet's detailed to support the coming offensive. We could combine the surviving 3rd and 4th Fleet's ships into a single Fleet. But I will need 7th and 8th Fleet's to move to the border nowt to replace the Fleet's lost. 6th Fleet is still engaged in the Hegemony, but has suffered very few losses, mainly because we paused offensive actions after the defeat at Inglesmond.

I have a contingency drawn up, and if you approve, I think it might help break the stalemate in the Hegemony. I propose that instead of 2 massive forces advancing into the Federated Suns, that we form 3. We will combine the 3rd advance with the strike force heading for Cartago. Once there, the 3rd advance will break off and sweep towards Ozawa, skirting the Hegemony border and plunging into their rear. Intel suggests that the Hegemony has extremely light defenses along the border with the Federated Suns. But, the only way this can realistically be accomplished, will require something that I am not sure you will agree to." Jinjiro Kurita explained

"And what is this huge stumbling block to our success?" Minuro Kurita asked

"Sue for peace with the Hegemony. We need our HPG's back in operation. Agree to this HPG neutrality thing that Jerome Blake has been pandering on about. I have read it and it clearly states that only violating the Neutrality of HPG stations can bring about a blackout. Agreeing to this agreement removes Director General Cameron's ability to order this Comstar to issue a HPG Blackout. She holds that power only because, as of now, the Lyran Commonwealth is the only one to agree to it. Be the second, others will fall in and then we remove one of Director General Cameron's most powerful weapons against us." Jinjiro Kurita said

"You are sure of this? She seems to hold much sway over this Comstar?" Minuro Kurita asked

"The HPG Neutrality Agreement is very plainly written. Once everyone signs it, Comstar then becomes the sole controller of the HPG stations across the entire Inner Sphere. Director General Cameron will have her hands tied. If Comstar issues a Blackout, by her order, then everyone will see it is a sham and nothing from her or Comstar will ever be trusted again. Besides, according to our intel, she might soon have her hands full. Seems Marik is steadily building up forces on her border. If Marik smells blood in the water, he will strike, and that makes our task much easier overall." Jinjuro Kurita replied

Minuro Kurita took a deep breath before answering "If you say this is the only way. I will immediately send a message asking for safe passage to Terra to sign a peace treaty with Director General Cameron. I will return the 2nd Fleet to your control. Combine the surviving ships of 3rd and 4th Fleet's and assign them to the Hegemony border, but I want them heavily armed. Once there, I will issue a broadcast that I am signing the HPG Neutrality Agreement and ask that everyone join me in signing it. It is time we pull some teeth from this young girl."

"I promise you father, it is the only way this can succeed. I need the HPG's to assure our victory. Soon, you will be on New Avalon." Jinjuro Kurita promised

Daryk

• Lieutenant General
« Reply #1045 on: 04 July 2020, 19:02:56 »
Yikes!  That just might work...

Kyryst

• Sergeant
« Reply #1046 on: 04 July 2020, 19:39:47 »
Okay, it should take a while for the peace treaty request to get to Terra, so the attacks on New Samarkand and Old Canton should happen before they have to commit to an armistice. And the DC has to pay for HPG stations, and probably a lot of restitution for the invasions they did. Amanda could play for time, by saying that ComStar could not possibly lift the Interdiction until a Peace Treaty is signed... playing for even more time.

And honestly, if some worlds want to secede for the Terran Hegemony, they would have to give up any advanced technology and factories on the Restricted Trade list.  It would free up units and the requirement of defending the systems. And place the burdens of defense on others.

The Draconis Combine has already proven they are warmongers, nobody is going to trust them. And even if the HPG Neutrality Treaty passes, that does not prevent the Hegemony from reading the mail, unless ComStar argues for such. I could see Toyama pulling a move like that. But, the Hegemony controls the HPG factories and parts supply. It will be interesting to see how such plays out.

cawest

• Captain
« Reply #1047 on: 04 July 2020, 20:10:31 »
how many HPG did the DC damage?  if it was more than a few.... well those are not cheep.  would the TH want cash, supplies, or a mix.  Say that  carrier looks nice.  that would pay off alot of your tab, if you sign it over to us.   >:D

2ndAcr

• Captain
« Reply #1048 on: 04 July 2020, 20:21:49 »
 They would be paying Comstar, who would be buying from the Hegemony. There are a few heavy smacks to be traded before an actual peace treaty.

Luthien HPG was totally destroyed and as a Class A station, it would be very expensive to rebuild.

warhammer74

• Sergeant
  • Oh look its a bird
« Reply #1049 on: 05 July 2020, 00:05:54 »
Unfortunately Jerome Blake should be shot for the traitor he is along with his buddy  Conrad.