Author Topic: Project LEGION: Strength and Honor  (Read 31541 times)

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
    • Project: LEGION (An AU by Kasaga)
Re: Project LEGION: Strength and Honor
« Reply #90 on: 26 October 2016, 19:51:43 »
A lot of work has gone into this I'm glad you are all excited I was posting it last night. Book 2 is going to begin soon as I can square away my outline. Expect an intervention to the St. Ives Conflict and other possible outcomes.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #91 on: 29 October 2016, 02:27:03 »
Having had time to sit down and read this I must say that dear LORD this is very professionally done! Its bloody well written, interesting and all round great! 
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #92 on: 29 October 2016, 08:19:39 »
Thanks Marauder,

I did put a lot of work into it. I'm writing a scenario pack right now called Operation Restore Hope. The Hegemony Intervention in the Capellan - St Ives War. 

I have a question for you though. Can I use the reimaged warship art within my AU? I want to use them as Hegemony variants as they should have upgraded their fleet like the clans but it would have been different anyways.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #93 on: 29 October 2016, 09:07:37 »
Please, use them as much as you want :) 

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #94 on: 29 October 2016, 09:50:43 »
Thanks Boss.  I hope to begin the second short story soon.  The first was posted earlier in this thread and I hope you had a chance to read it.

Deathknight69

• Captain
  • Supernaturalizing the universe !!
« Reply #95 on: 30 October 2016, 04:58:27 »
Hey Kasaga,

This stuff is AWESOME !!

I just dl'd your FM:THAFiE and have some reading to do. Any thoughts about doing a TRO ??

Thanks a bunch !!
"Remember kids, Ammo explosion's are as much fun as friendly fire and incoming fire has the right-of-way." - ShadowSeraph
Avatar by Wombat, Thanks again to the blue fuzzy marsupial of wanton destruction.
"SRM Carrier. It's actual combat value is irrelevant; the face of a player when one of their 'mechs takes a point-blank shot from one is priceless!  ^-^" - Fireangel
"What's a little canon-deviation amongst friends and enemies" - Self
Quote from: DarkSpade on August 10, 2022, 15:23:40
If you think about it, the perfect merc lives long enough to complete the objective, but not long enough to get paid.
Well, there's an Obi-Wan level point of view comment for you ...  xp
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 15:35:06 by Wolf72 »

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #96 on: 30 October 2016, 17:22:11 »
I think I would like to do a TRO except I can't draw and don't have the money to pay for commissions. But I will think about it.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: 31 October 2016, 09:02:01 »
Well here is my narrative of the Hegemony's intervention in the Capellan - St. Ives War.  I always liked the Compact and I figured this would be one of the only ways to keep the tiny nation intact.  Don't worry about the large use of Warships with the Hegemony this is going to spark a large naval building campaign and I know that the Alliance only has a small number of ships and a single Shipyard from which to build from but that won't be a problem much longer :)  There will be a FedCom Civil War.  Just not one as originally written.

Enjoy this short.  I am writing Task Force Gauntlet now which will reveal the fate of the Federated Commonwealth and be more of a campaign timeline such as those in FedCom Civil War or Operation Liberation.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #98 on: 31 October 2016, 10:04:43 »
Why good sir you do spoil us with this :) Its amazing stuff!

snakespinner

• Captain
« Reply #99 on: 01 November 2016, 01:00:55 »
Nice update. O0
I wish I could get a good grip on reality, then I would choke it.
Growing old is inevitable,
Growing up is optional.
Watching TrueToaster create evil genius, priceless...everything else is just sub-par.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #100 on: 04 November 2016, 15:49:41 »
Has anyone had a chance to read through the two new offerings?  I wanted to get some feedback before I finished working on anything else.

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #101 on: 05 November 2016, 02:01:29 »
Very very very good stuff, seriously! Its damn well written, well laid out, easy to read and gives all the data and information you could need :)

mighty midget

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #102 on: 05 November 2016, 17:54:15 »
Has anyone had a chance to read through the two new offerings?  I wanted to get some feedback before I finished working on anything else.

I've read through most of your Terran Hegemony Field Manual draft (currently working through the individual units) as well as the St. Ives Operation Restore Hope.  Overall it's some of the best laid out and functional AU work I've read.  I greatly enjoy the back story and that the Terran Hegemony has maintained their technology base.  The fact that you have them act primarily in alignment with my personal morals is great too. 

Suggestions:
- Use software that has a grammar check function to catch some of the homonyms that show up (e.g. "seems" vice seams in the section discussing uniforms) and some other grammatical issues.
- Add a section for technical readout style write-ups for your Lee CV, Lee Blockade Runner & Longstreet dropships along with any other new units you'd wish to add.  Having artwork is a nicety but not a necessity.

Overall, very well done and thanks for sharing your brain-sweat with us.

-MM
Slavish adherance to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #103 on: 05 November 2016, 20:33:06 »
Thanks gentlemen I'll put all of that to use

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #104 on: 27 November 2016, 00:38:35 »
Ok everyone, here is a short update.  This is how the Hegemony acquires OmniMechs.  Project MIDAS is a HRAD project to design and build OmniMechs.  However they suck at initial design concept.  They need a shot in the arm such as the Draconis Combine needed.  OmniMechs haven't been seen in the field as they were being used to build whole new Divisions in the Homeworlds before pushing forward.  A lot of newer tech will be coming forward post 3065.  Some hints will include a major loss of warships.  I hope you all enjoy.

Shadow_Wraith

• Lieutenant
« Reply #105 on: 27 November 2016, 00:54:24 »
 O0 nice update

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #106 on: 27 November 2016, 02:22:31 »
Excellent update! Darn well thought out as always :)

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #107 on: 27 November 2016, 11:47:00 »
Can anyone guess where the renamed 'Mechs come from?

mighty midget

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #108 on: 27 November 2016, 16:24:01 »
Can anyone guess where the renamed 'Mechs come from?

Society units from Wars of Reaving, the interesting part would be how they got the information and what they do to protect themselves from the Clan backlash.
Slavish adherance to formal ritual is a sign that one has nothing better to think about.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #109 on: 27 November 2016, 17:14:48 »
Yes that will all be revealed in a story centered around a SAS raid into the Clan OZ and Homeworlds.  I always liked the Society OmniMe ha and didn't want them to just fade away. So the reveal will be painful but worth it.  I'm outlining it now.

Motsognir

• Sergeant
  • And so there I was...
« Reply #110 on: 28 November 2016, 23:47:32 »
Kasaga, great job!

I just finished catching up on the three PDF’s, all-in-all it is a great read. I am looking forward to seeing just what happens next.

My one odd/humorous thought is that instead of using ‘Hegemony Research And Development’ (HRAD), as you currently do. My brain immediately thought that the organisation should be called ‘Hegemony Advanced Research and Development’ (HARD). But I acknowledge that your current ‘HRAD’, is based on the cannon Hegemony Research and Development Department (HRDD), and not trying to make an amusing acronym.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #111 on: 02 December 2016, 09:45:41 »
Kasaga, great job!

I just finished catching up on the three PDF’s, all-in-all it is a great read. I am looking forward to seeing just what happens next.

My one odd/humorous thought is that instead of using ‘Hegemony Research And Development’ (HRAD), as you currently do. My brain immediately thought that the organisation should be called ‘Hegemony Advanced Research and Development’ (HARD). But I acknowledge that your current ‘HRAD’, is based on the cannon Hegemony Research and Development Department (HRDD), and not trying to make an amusing acronym.

Motsognir:  I am glad you enjoyed the read thats what they are here for.  I am working on a Special Ops story right now.  I am working the outline.  I didn't use HARD for the research division of the old Hegemony because I wanted to keep inline with Cannon and show that there was no break in technological development as was seen by the Clans (although brief and moving in a different direction from SLDF team tactics hence the Legion CEWS) and the devastating loss of technology that the Inner Sphere suffered.  While ComStar didn't loose military tech they still did not advance much.  The Hegemony has other tricks that will be revealed soon such as a more advanced communications system and better weapons technology.  Some of it is shown in my posting of Hegemony models in the BattleMechs thread. 

While the Hegemony is advanced they are short on the logistics tail.  Not having very many forward bases or whats called defense in depth they have chosen to spread through the Sarna March in order to provide that and to give a false sense of where the Hegemony homeworlds are actually located.  The first FM released is actually a public documents meant to familiarize the SLDF with THAFiE capabilities.  There is another Corps based in the Homeworlds its the reserves and is not expected to move forward.  It is much smaller than the front line formations and equipped with the original equipment that survived the fall of the Hegemony and the SLDF.  Many of the Project: LEGION or Dark Storm Legion BattleMechs and vehicles came from these formations to give the Legions a since of being of comparable technology for so long.  With the full return of the Hegemony-in-Exile the Legions stood down and the troops from those formations were used to fill out the front line divisions which returned to fight the invading Capellan and Marik forces.

Look for my story which will follow the 5TH Special Operations Group as they conduct raids and infiltrations of the Clan Occupation Zone and later the Homeworlds.

The mighty Terran Fleet will also take a major hit coming soon.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #112 on: 26 March 2017, 16:22:15 »
Well I want to apologize for my self imposed exile.  I am looking at rekindling my pet project here soon.  I am looking through all of the half started material I had as I was continuing the storyline through my updates series.  I was off in la la land trying to get back into Eve Online and am still kinda going that direction.  I plan to write while playing now.  If there is anything anyone wants to see added or removed let me know.  As I posted before there will be a major loss to the Exile fleet which will give the houses (and Clans) room to breath and build up.

I look forward to brain storming with Dragon Cat and Marauder as I have always loved the work they have done.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #113 on: 07 April 2017, 19:23:16 »
An updated Field Manual is coming with a TRO section. I just need to get the formatting right.its kicking my ass.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #114 on: 26 April 2018, 16:06:28 »
New book is being wrote based on the Hegemony’s Covert Operations agencies.

Taron Storm

• Warrant Officer
  • Founding Member of Chaos Inc Merc Brigade
« Reply #115 on: 26 April 2018, 16:58:39 »
Cool!!!

DOC_Agren

• Major
« Reply #116 on: 26 April 2018, 19:56:26 »
New book is being wrote based on the Hegemony’s Covert Operations agencies.
I can't wait to see this
"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast, And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill, And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #117 on: 02 May 2018, 10:28:06 »
Here is an excerpt of the story I'm writing its a companion to from Forgotten Treasures: From Shadow to Light this is From the Shadows.

I hope you all enjoy this very short excerpt.

mikecj

• Major
  • Veteran of Galahad 3028
« Reply #118 on: 03 May 2018, 04:36:41 »
Thanks for sharing!
There are no fish in my pond.
"First, one brief announcement. I just want to mention, for those who have asked, that absolutely nothing what so ever happened today in sector 83x9x12. I repeat, nothing happened. Please remain calm." Susan Ivanova
"Solve a man's problems with violence, help him for a day. Teach a man to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime." - Belkar Bitterleaf
Romo Lampkin could have gotten Stefan Amaris off with a warning.

Kasaga

• Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: 14 May 2018, 18:44:51 »
Here is another update.  The juicy stuff is brewing.