Author Topic: How to straighten or correct warped figures?  (Read 3598 times)

rmsk79

• Recruit
How to straighten or correct warped figures?
« on: 28 February 2022, 08:46:48 »
Found this figure that I thought I lost. It’s been squashed for months though. Hope to return it to a front-facing pose. What should I do?

The Wayfarer

• Master Sergeant
Re: How to straighten or correct warped figures?
« Reply #1 on: 06 March 2022, 20:53:51 »
Hi,

Two methods.  A blow dryer to heat the plastic, reposition, then allow to cool.  Or, submerge in boiling water to heat the plastic (minding the dials), reposition and allow to cool.  With this fig I would try the blow dryer first.

Mike
Revelations 6:8. And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

CVB

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 07 March 2022, 03:29:12 »
Be very careful of your fingers, especially when using the boiling water method.
The repositioned models usually keep their shape better when you cool them down quickly in ice water than when you let them cool down slowly.
« Last Edit: 07 March 2022, 03:31:31 by CVB »
"Wars result when one side either misjudges its chances or wishes to commit suicide; and not even Masada began as a suicide attempt. In general, both warring parties expect to win. In the event, they are wrong more than half the time."
- David Drake

I'm willing to suspend my disbelief, but I'm not willing to hang it by the neck until it's dead, dead, dead!

worktroll

• Ombudsman
  • Lieutenant General
  • 504th "Gateway" Division
    • There are Monsters in my Sky!
« Reply #3 on: 07 March 2022, 04:12:28 »
Tap hot water will usually work too; the mini needs a longer "hot bath" before becoming maximally bendy.

And +1 for cooling in ice water, to lock the unbent shape.
* No, FASA wasn't big on errata - ColBosch
* The Housebook series is from the 80's and is the foundation of Btech, the 80's heart wrapped in heavy metal that beats to this day - Sigma
* To sum it up: FASAnomics: By Cthulhu, for Cthulhu - Moonsword
* Because Battletech is a conspiracy by Habsburg & Bourbon pretenders - MadCapellan
* The Hellbringer is cool, either way. It's not cool because it's bad, it's cool because it's bad with balls - Nightsky
* It was a glorious time for people who felt that we didn't have enough Marauder variants - HABeas2, re "Empires Aflame"

garhkal

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #4 on: 07 March 2022, 14:59:39 »
As someone who' wondered this myself (with some of my bendy adnd figures), i appreciate those tips!
It's not who you kill, but how they die!
You can't shoot what you can't see.
You can not dodge it if you don't know it's coming.