Author Topic: Adeptus Titanicus' new building sets  (Read 3439 times)

DarkSpade

• Major
Adeptus Titanicus' new building sets
« on: 28 October 2018, 11:39:11 »
Curious to see if anyone has tried the building sets for Adeptus Titanicus for battletech.   Only pics I've been able to find for scale is the buildings next to the 40k titan. 
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Arenson

• Recruit
Re: Adeptus Titanicus' new building sets
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2018, 10:24:31 »
Curious to see if anyone has tried Quick Extender Pro recently and  the building sets for Adeptus Titanicus for battletech.   Only pics I've been able to find for scale is the buildings next to the 40k titan.

Not got my hands on the new Adeptus Titanicus building sets. I wasn't impressed by them so I'm not in a hurry to get them. But I definitely will at some point.
« Last Edit: 14 July 2022, 02:54:08 by Arenson »

Mattlov

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Fnord.
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2018, 12:21:12 »
They work decently, but they are an ENORMOUS pain in the ass to assemble.  I have a set and didn't get halfway through the first building before the only thing coming out of my mouth was pure expletives.
"The rules technically allow all sorts of bad ideas." -Moonsword

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2018, 13:49:44 »
How so?  The sprues just look like box sides with extra bits.
Space Marines are guys who look at a chainsaw and think, “That should be balanced for parrying.”

Mattlov

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Fnord.
« Reply #4 on: 12 November 2018, 11:17:48 »
Because they don't attach side to side or corner to corner.  You see those arches and wall supports?  THAT'S what connects the wall pieces.  The walls themselves barely touch, except at the top of a triangle.  The roof pieces also just lay down on a lip that goes around the edge of the wall pieces. So those walls that don't connect to each other still need to be perfectly straight so that roof piece will fit down where it is supposed to.

mbear

• Stood Far Back When The Gravitas Was Handed Out
  • Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #5 on: 19 November 2018, 10:27:20 »
Because they don't attach side to side or corner to corner.  You see those arches and wall supports?  THAT'S what connects the wall pieces.  The walls themselves barely touch, except at the top of a triangle.  The roof pieces also just lay down on a lip that goes around the edge of the wall pieces. So those walls that don't connect to each other still need to be perfectly straight so that roof piece will fit down where it is supposed to.

So you're saying lots and lots of clamps are needed?
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

Mattlov

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Fnord.
« Reply #6 on: 19 November 2018, 15:26:10 »
So you're saying lots and lots of clamps are needed?

A clamp really wouldn't work, either.  You're joining two walls at an angle of an equilateral triangle.  There is no where to clamp to put even pressure on it.

DarkSpade

• Major
« Reply #7 on: 19 November 2018, 19:46:15 »
They do make clamps like that for carpentry.  I wonder if any company has ever downsized one.  My tiny table saw proves anything is possible.

idea weenie

• Major
« Reply #8 on: 19 November 2018, 20:23:08 »
One idea might be getting a set of pipe cleaners, jabbing them in some clay, and using the pipe cleaners to 'clamp' the model.  The wire inside keeps the pipe cleaners sturdy, while the fuzzy exterior keeps the model safe.

mbear

• Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #9 on: 20 November 2018, 07:24:38 »
One idea might be getting a set of pipe cleaners, jabbing them in some clay, and using the pipe cleaners to 'clamp' the model.  The wire inside keeps the pipe cleaners sturdy, while the fuzzy exterior keeps the model safe.

Or tie it off with string, like a band clamp.
Be the Loremaster:

Battletech transport rules take a very feline approach to moving troops in a combat zone: If they fits, they ships.

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your BT experience. Now what? (Thanks Sartis!)

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #10 on: 20 November 2018, 18:28:42 »
Wasn't aware of these, so I went out today and bought the 'smaller' set to see how well they worked.

They work pretty good :D

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Mattlov

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant
  • Fnord.
« Reply #11 on: 21 November 2018, 14:31:05 »
Oh they work, and they're pretty.  But they are an immense pain as well.

NeonKnight

• Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • Cause Them My Initials!
« Reply #12 on: 21 November 2018, 14:41:54 »
Oh they work, and they're pretty.  But they are an immense pain as well.

Had no issues assembling.

What type of glue did you use?

I used this type and pretty much did the insta-bond with the plastic:

AGENT #575, Vancouver Canada

Von Jankmon

• Lieutenant
  • Everyone is entitled to my opinions
« Reply #13 on: 22 December 2018, 16:27:09 »
Who would make buildings like that.  The Taurians? Marian Hegemony?
It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion. By the juice of the brew my thoughts aquire speed, my mind becomes strained, the strain becomes a warning. It is by tea alone I set my mind in motion.

mbear

• Major
    • Tower of Jade
« Reply #14 on: 27 December 2018, 10:03:38 »
Who would make buildings like that.  The Taurians? Marian Hegemony?

Anyone with a sense of fashion. ;)

Seriously there are so many worlds in the Inner Sphere, you're going to find them somewhere.
Be the Loremaster:

Register