Author Topic: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter Discussion, Vol. 1  (Read 175506 times)

General308

• Captain
Re: BattleTech: Clan Invasion Kickstarter is LIVE
« Reply #1530 on: 19 July 2019, 23:22:46 »
lol....I will have to get the Wolverine faction pack when it opens.   Just to spite the clans

RomulusDC

• Corporal
« Reply #1531 on: 19 July 2019, 23:23:03 »
At a million we get Haiku. Awesome.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1532 on: 19 July 2019, 23:23:55 »
Is there a Union and Overlord I'm missing?

They have had them before and an overlord c...but I checked and didn't see them.  Sometimes the resin stuff disappears for a while

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1533 on: 19 July 2019, 23:26:55 »
So digital fiction at bed time...I think that is kind of mean :thumbsup:

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1534 on: 19 July 2019, 23:27:06 »
At a million we get Haiku. Awesome.

Strictly speaking, haven't we already gotten the haiku? 8)

At a million we'll be told what it means.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

General308

• Captain
« Reply #1535 on: 19 July 2019, 23:29:49 »
Strictly speaking, haven't we already gotten the haiku? 8)

At a million we'll be told what it means.

Comstar is coming

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
    • Merc Periphery Guide- Bakunin
« Reply #1536 on: 19 July 2019, 23:30:41 »
++mod notice++

Because this is a special circumstance, we've decided to let this thread go beyond the usual 50-page limit for the time being. Keep everything in one spot, and all that. We reserve the right to lock it and start a new thread at our discretion.

Can I suggest you split the thread from the Initial Announcement of the Kickstarter to when it actually went Live?

Okay . . . they are already giving us fiction and wallpapers?

I think some of the answers on KS put here-
Salvage boxes will come from Invasion box, Command Star & Command Lance at first
Colt Ward
Clan Invasion Backer #149, Leviathans #104

"We come in peace, please ignore the bloodstains."

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

MoneyLovinOgre4Hire

• Lieutenant General
  • It's just my goth phase
« Reply #1537 on: 19 July 2019, 23:32:36 »
The Lance packs seem to be very hit or miss what they include, I only very familiar with 3025 designs so far, but several of them are 'Why would you group those 'Mechs together?' types of forces.

Sometimes it's just to spread out what's available in an attempt to make each pack roughly as desirable and avoid having some that get immediately gobbled up while others linger as shelfwarmers in comic book stores across the country.
Warning: this post may contain sarcasm.

"I think I've just had another near-Rincewind experience," Death, The Color of Magic

"When in doubt, C4." Jamie Hyneman

Frank

• Master Sergeant
  • The True Holders Of Kerensky's Legecy
« Reply #1538 on: 19 July 2019, 23:34:16 »
Haven't made my pledge yet. Everytime I see where the pledge level raises too. I have to do recalculation as to what level I would like and what goodies I want and need to add on.
My budget projection keeps going out of wack. :-\ :-\ :-\
What to do?

MarauderCH IIC

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #1539 on: 19 July 2019, 23:37:00 »
Haven't made my pledge yet. Everytime I see where the pledge level raises too. I have to do recalculation as to what level I would like and what goodies I want and need to add on.
What to do?

Donate 5k and get everything!

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1540 on: 19 July 2019, 23:37:40 »
What to do?

Pledge a dollar and then wait.  That way you'll get updates, but you can figure out what to get when everything calms down.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1541 on: 19 July 2019, 23:43:44 »
you have to take a hard look at the non-mini rewards for each tier and decide what's important. if you're not finding anything, it might be more economical to buy what you want as addons ad hoc
« Last Edit: 19 July 2019, 23:46:01 by Sartris »

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Interviewer: Since you’ve stopped making art, how do you spend your time?
Paul Chan Breathers: Oh, I’m a breather. I’m a respirateur. Isn’t that enough?

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1542 on: 20 July 2019, 00:02:28 »
Anyone have the linked list?  I despise Google and while I have to have a account with them for my phone, I leave it alone as much as possible.  To the point I need to talk to the now sleeping wife about how to access it so I can express a opinion.

But to throw it out . . .

I would like to see the next IS force be the 1st Gen IS Omnis as I mentioned earlier-
Owens, Black Hawk KU, Avatar and Sunder

All except the BH KU appeared in games, though honorable mention for the Bushwhacker . . . its just been a part of the different IPs, MW3, MW4, MCG, MC2 and a TRO cover.

For the Clan Star
Night Gyr, Linebacker, Phantom . . . and I think that is it for Omnis that are not niche really- yes GB gets Stooping Hawks that I love, but its not many . . . a case could be made for the Lupus as one of the first Omni and still in some use per Hellfire fluff

But . . . I will have to say Vapor Eagle and Horned Owl to round it out, they were supposed to be garrison for the time frame.
Colt Ward

"Greetings, Mechwarrior. You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Daoshen and the Capellan armada."

Scotty

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #1543 on: 20 July 2019, 00:03:37 »
Horned Owl is already in.

Blood Asp and Savage Coyote are also eligible Omnis from the Invasion era.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

YingJanshi

• Major
  • Switch Friend Code: SW-4326-4622-8514
« Reply #1544 on: 20 July 2019, 00:07:49 »
Just read the new fiction. Pretty good short story. Really feels like it belonged on the old BattleCorps.

These stretch goals are becoming problematic for my budget.

Tell me about it...

Initiate of the Order of Valhalla

(HBS: Backer #4,960)
(Clan Invasion: Backer #314)
(Mercenaries: Backer #6,017)

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1545 on: 20 July 2019, 00:15:32 »
it has an ad for Bonfire of Worlds at the end - with updated branding and the 35th anniversary logo. Please let PoD be inbound??

You bought the box set and are ready to expand your bt experience. Now what? | Modern Sourcebook Index | FASA Sourcebook Index | Print on Demand Index
Equipment Reference Cards | DIY Pilot Cards | PaperTech Mech and Vehicle Counters

Colt Ward

• Lieutenant General
  • Gott Mit Uns
« Reply #1546 on: 20 July 2019, 00:17:51 »
Horned Owl is already in.

Blood Asp and Savage Coyote are also eligible Omnis from the Invasion era.

Must have missed it skimming the unlocks, lol . . . so Locust IIC instead then!

I thought about those but IMO before 3061 they had not become widespread- one simple reason is that the Harvest Trials had not happened at that point, nor the chaos of salvage/isorla with the Possession Wars grabbing Cat, Bear and Jag territory.  I am not opposed to either one- the Blood Asp had video game appearances and the Savage Coyote is well balanced in its configs for BV games.
Colt Ward

Sartris

• Codex Conditor
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
  • Cap’n-Generalissimost
    • Master Unit List
« Reply #1547 on: 20 July 2019, 00:19:51 »
also Redemption Rift has been added to the list of battletech novels. have we heard of this?

H.B.M.C.

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1548 on: 20 July 2019, 00:24:08 »
Night Gyr, Linebacker, Phantom . . . and I think that is it for Omnis that are not niche really- yes GB gets Stooping Hawks that I love, but its not many . . . a case could be made for the Lupus as one of the first Omni and still in some use per Hellfire fluff
What about the Naga? That's the most versatile Omni 'Mech there is. You can either have 3 ER Smalls, an ER Small and two Mediums, an ER Small and three Mediums, or 2 ER Smalls and an SRM6, or finally an ER Small plus a medium plus an SRM4.

How does one reconcile so many different options? Must drive Clan pilots mad.

:D

BYE

.RL

• Master Sergeant
  • Freeborn Scum
« Reply #1549 on: 20 July 2019, 00:36:58 »
What about the Naga? That's the most versatile Omni 'Mech there is. You can either have 3 ER Smalls, an ER Small and two Mediums, an ER Small and three Mediums, or 2 ER Smalls and an SRM6, or finally an ER Small plus a medium plus an SRM4.

How does one reconcile so many different options? Must drive Clan pilots mad.

:D

BYE

They're likely too busy laughing at the distant explosions from their artillery  :))

Are they dead set on Omni's? There are some non Omnimechs which are pretty cool, such as the Grizzly and Stone Rhino. The Conjurer would be neat to see, based more so on the original sculpt, not the latest ones.
A bit obsessed with the BattleTech universe since I saw the glorious TV show as a kid...

My humble offering of painted 'Mechs

pheonixstorm

• Major
« Reply #1550 on: 20 July 2019, 01:17:28 »
The mapscale dropships are already for sale on IWM's web sight.

Don't know why, but when I first read this I thought it was MAN scale dropships :o xp

hf22

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1551 on: 20 July 2019, 01:27:08 »
Just read the new fiction. Pretty good short story. Really feels like it belonged on the old BattleCorps.

It IS from the old BattleCorps - First published there on 16 December 2010.

hf22

• Master Sergeant
« Reply #1552 on: 20 July 2019, 01:29:45 »
also Redemption Rift has been added to the list of battletech novels. have we heard of this?

It has been on that list in the last couple of things to come out, like Forever Faithful etc.

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #1553 on: 20 July 2019, 01:31:22 »
Blargh, I hate living on a three-digit fixed income.  I will still drop a dollarydoo on it though.  I wish there was a way to request individual units for salvage, because I'd love nothing more than an army of cruds and thuds with the new art design.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

SCC

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #1554 on: 20 July 2019, 01:36:35 »
I wish to share with you The Most BT Thing Ever

RomulusDC

• Corporal
« Reply #1555 on: 20 July 2019, 01:37:32 »
I must say, the initial flurry of activity was fun to see, and I am told that the last three days should be interesting as well. Can’t imagine how it could end with as much excitement as it began.

Annwn

• Corporal
« Reply #1556 on: 20 July 2019, 01:55:08 »

Where did you see that exactly out of curiosity, related to the Kickstarter or on the site somewhere?  I made a suggestion that it be unlockable or an add-on to the kickstarter a few pages ago (and via KS comments).  Redemption Rift was a 4-part Battlecorps fiction published in 2013.  Set in 3139, I think the story is basically Wolf's Dragoons working for Kurita vs. Davion.  Sorta a deja-vu.  I believe it's potentially slated for tentative release otherwise this year.  It's something I've been keeping an eye on, mostly because it's got a rather obscure but unique merc unit in it - the White Witches.  Notable for being one of the few merc units in cannon to beat the Dragoons.

Also, omg, faction packs for Wolverine, Mongoose, and Widowmaker.  I'm so thrilled.  The only thing more retro I could possibly think of is to dig out my old MFNA faction sheet and select Clan Punisher. 

PS - Another suggestion - Clan Spaniel...something.  This is pretty much ultra niche pure fan service I know, but...perhaps something along the lines of Clan Spaniel Strana Mechty.

Lynx

• Corporal
« Reply #1557 on: 20 July 2019, 02:20:50 »
So finally backed at the Star Colonel level. I'm just going to document the thought process on how I got to this decision.. in case anyone wants to question my insanity.

Firstly, I knew there are certain mechs that I want to get duplicates for, so for those packs containing these, I would want to use the Double Forces feature to maximize. I definitely want duplicates of Warhammers, Marauders, Orions and Panthers, so those Mech Packs will have priority.

However, I do want to support my LGS, and in terms of retail ops, the most likely item to stock would be the primary boxes, so even though I'd want duplicates of the Mad Cat, I would probably get an extra Clan Invasion Box from my LGS -- so no need for me to add that to my pledge. There are also other boxes which I had very little interest in (e.g., the IS Berserker Lance or the Clan Light Fire Star) -- I'd eventually pick that up through my LGS.

So by doing my inventory needs, I basically narrowed down to 5~7 mech packs that have mechs that I want duplicates for. For the initial pledge, I went with 2 Clan packs and 3 Inner Sphere; I also figured out the Star Colonel level had one extra Double Forces choice, so I went with a Inner Sphere pack.

That meant for the initial, I would get 25 Clan Mechs and 32 Inner Sphere Mechs... except each Inner Sphere pack in the pledge comes with a Salvage box (total 8), and the Star Colonel gets 2, which adds up to another 10 Clan Mechs, so 35 Clan and 16 Inner Sphere

So that sorts out the basic pledge level, and then I went back over the list of mechs and pick up additional mech packs that I want for; that adds 1 Clan and 2 IS mech packs. I also want to pick up 2 Elemental Stars, so that gets added.

So I end up with 40 Clan mechs (5 of which are Second Line) and 2 Elemental Stars, which works up to be a short Cluster (2 Trinary and a Binary with Elemental support). That's quite reasonable as a starting point. in terms of tonnage spread it's got issues:

Code: [Select]
Light 9
Medium 7
Heavy 5
Assault 9

Not too happy about the "bookends", but these don't include the blind draw Salvages, so with a bit of luck I would fill in the lack of Heavys. A bit concerned about the lack of 65 tonners since I didn't go for either the Lokis or Cauldron Borns, but I think that would rectify with time.

For the Inner Sphere, I already have 2 of each of the Intro and AGOAC box. Adding the 40 Mechs I'm pledged for, that brings it to a total of 60 of the new plastic sculpts. Tonnage spread is much more pleasant:

Code: [Select]
Light 16
Medium 16
Heavy 18
Assault 10

I'm much happier with the Heavy spread since I went with a good number of 65~75 tonners as line holders. So overall quite happy with the stuff I'm going for.

As for the extra stuff, the only thing I might be interested in is the Strana Mechty battlemat, but there's a question there -- there's some talk about Star Colonels getting one by default, which doesn't seem to be reflected anywhere "official" that I've looked. Can anyone confirm? If it is, I'd end up getting one (plus the case) since I might as well have a proper Circle of Equals.

Other than that, the question I have is whether the extra stuff in the box we unlocked this KS is permanent. E.g., the two Elemental points we unlocked for the box, will it be permanently there for future retail boxes, or just for this KS?

marauder648

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs
« Reply #1558 on: 20 July 2019, 02:24:07 »
If anyone's having issues with the e-publication and it showing up weird formatting, open it in Edge, that seems to get rid of it.
Ghost Bears: Cute and cuddly. Until you remember its a BLOODY BEAR!

Project Zhukov Fan AU TRO's and PDFs - https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/

Fear Factory

• Major
  • Designing the Enemy
« Reply #1559 on: 20 July 2019, 02:25:18 »
BattleTech really needed this kickstarter.
The conflict is pure - The truth devised - The future secured - The enemy designed
Maj. Isaac "Litany" Van Houten, Lone Wolves, The Former 66th "Litany Against Fear" Company