Author Topic: Raven Alliance: The Shiny Red Button of Orbital Doom  (Read 128604 times)

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Assisting you and your enemies equally.
Re: Raven Alliance: The Shiny Red Button of Orbital Doom
« Reply #540 on: 19 June 2021, 16:36:24 »
Guess who got the Kingfisher.

Makes me happy :)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #541 on: 20 June 2021, 06:27:25 »
It strikes me as odd that we're getting it considering that we already have two other assault mechs at roughly the same weight.

Maingunnery

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Pirates and C3 masters are on the hitlist
« Reply #542 on: 20 June 2021, 06:29:46 »
It strikes me as odd that we're getting it considering that we already have two other assault mechs at roughly the same weight.
Yep, it seems that the Ravens have many Mediums and Assaults.
Herb: "Well, now I guess we'll HAVE to print it. Sounds almost like the apocalypse I've been working for...."

The Society:Fan XTRO & Field Manual
Nebula California: HyperTube Xtreme
Nebula Confederation Ships

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #543 on: 20 June 2021, 07:53:21 »

Gotta export something ;)
BattleCorps - Righteous Fury, Sorrow of Eden, Lady of Steel, I Was Lost, Forsaken : Legacy - The Forgotten Places : Shrapnel - Scavenger's Blood : ELH Chronicles - View from the Ground : Shrapnel - It Ends in Fire, Picking the Bones

Zeruel

• Lieutenant
  • the Angel of Might
    • Z's DeviantArt gallery
« Reply #544 on: 20 June 2021, 14:25:12 »

well the Ravens were the original creators of the Kingfisher...I always felt the RecGuides were going to give it to either the Ravens or the Bears, and with the trade relationships the two Clans must have, either producing it now probably means the other gets to have it just as much
"I'll give the Bears this... they do not care about "being clan" one bit, and they own it." - cold1

"Question: Under zellbrigen, how does one engage Shadow Divisions?
Answer: With orbital bombardment."

73rd Battle Cluster - The Lash

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #545 on: 20 June 2021, 14:41:00 »

It's a 4/6 SFE, while the Deimos is 3/5[6] XLE and the Omen is a 3/5/3 XLE.  The Kingfisher is a durable and reliable anchor compared to the more fragile and overall slower other two.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #546 on: 20 June 2021, 15:05:35 »
Gotta export something ;)

Hopefully on the open market like the Stormcrow.  :thumbsup:

Crow

• Master Sergeant
  • Scientist-General
« Reply #547 on: 03 July 2021, 05:18:53 »
It is kind of a neat coincidence that my two favorite Clan Mechs, the Stormcrow and Kingfisher were both produced by the Ravens
YOU DARE REFUSE MY BOOF?

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #548 on: 25 July 2021, 05:37:29 »
How are the unkindness doing these days?

Now things are starting to inch back towards normality here (although i'm isolating at the moment) we are looking to get a campaign started, as part of this it has been decided that I can do basic refits on the inner sphere mechs I own to use as Alliance Militia machines, the first two of which can be found here - https://bg.battletech.com/forums/battlemechs/raven-alliance-militia-refits/ i'd appreciate any feedback.

Jaim Magnus

• Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #549 on: 25 July 2021, 10:04:40 »
For flavour I'd leave in some IS weaponry or IS specific equipment. I feel like the Wolverine would be scrapped, because, you know, WOLVERINE. Or handwave it becoming an "antique Conjurer". That might work.

But overall, looks good.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #550 on: 25 July 2021, 10:19:10 »
Thanks for the feedback.

With the Wolverines i'm thinking the Raven part of the Alliance would look the other way if the Alliance part is using a couple of mechs in the Militia forces.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #551 on: 25 July 2021, 12:50:04 »
Instead of scrapping the Wolverines, slap on some clan equipment and rename it "Angry Badger" or something like that.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #552 on: 25 July 2021, 14:56:09 »
There's an idea, how about the Kestrel? Can go alongside the Merlin then.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #553 on: 25 July 2021, 16:02:35 »
There is already a vtol with that name.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #554 on: 25 July 2021, 16:04:17 »
Shouldn't be a problem, there are two mechs called Gladiator.

Scotty

• Alpha Strike Guru by appointment to the FWLM
  • Catalyst Demo Team
  • Colonel
« Reply #555 on: 25 July 2021, 16:30:25 »
We also very recently had the Lightning BattleMech debut, while the Lightning hovercraft has existed since the late 80s and the Lightning ASF since TRO 3057 in the mid-90s.
Catalyst Demo Agent #679

Kansas City players, or people who are just passing through the area, come join us at the Geekery just off Shawnee Mission Parkway for BattleTech!  Current days are Tuesdays in the afternoon and evening.  I can't make every single week, but odds are pretty good that somebody will be there.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #556 on: 25 July 2021, 19:15:25 »
‘Tis true.  I would want to go with a close relative of the Wolverine. Honey Badgers are pretty fearsome.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #557 on: 25 July 2021, 19:25:16 »
Indeed.  I've heard that Honey Badgers just don't care.
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

Nibs

• Captain
« Reply #558 on: 25 July 2021, 22:17:36 »
Ermine? Fisher? Stoat?

Heaps of great weasels.

rebs

• Colonel
  • Et tu, Brute?
« Reply #559 on: 25 July 2021, 22:25:21 »
A marmut, mayhap.  Just having marmuts pretty much says you believe in Nothing, thanks to some movie, I guess...
Playing Guitar On My YouTube Channel:
Current cover tune: "The Wind Cries Mary" (by Jimi Hendrix)
https://youtu.be/m6a8wZiCsjM?si=0w7tVOgk7yylNv6a

"Thou shalt not create a machine in the image of the human mind." ~ The Orange Catholic Bible, Dune, Frank Herbert

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #560 on: 26 July 2021, 07:09:10 »
Honey Badger?

Tyler Jorgensson

• Captain
« Reply #561 on: 28 July 2021, 17:13:27 »
For the longest time I had the Wiki page for Wolverine Genus and other related species bookmarked. I was working on Wolverine mechs and vehicles (most are in my sig). Been testing a couple in my local games too, and the Polecat works pretty well.

But alas that’s a bit off topic. The Ravens use the Pulverizer in its current forces so I’m not sure if they would label the Wolverine (OG) differently or be like this is the Conjurer 1IS.

Rainbow 6

• Captain
« Reply #562 on: 31 July 2021, 12:13:52 »
The ilClan: Table of Contents

Good that its finally coming out, but can't see anything obvious for us.

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #563 on: 31 July 2021, 15:45:51 »
It's a book about a fight for one world.  The Ravens weren't in this battle.  Although "The Coming Ice Storm" in the Draconis Combine section may allude to something.

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #564 on: 31 July 2021, 17:22:42 »
It's a book about a fight for one world.  The Ravens weren't in this battle.  Although "The Coming Ice Storm" in the Draconis Combine section may allude to something.

I choose to believe it's a artic alliance between the raven's,bear's and newly revived ice hellion.
Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

jimdigris

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Lieutenant Colonel
« Reply #565 on: 01 August 2021, 07:47:47 »
The Ice Hellions merged with the Scorpions a century ago and things are on the upswing for them in the Scorpion Empire.  Why leave?

Foxx Ital

• Captain
  • Still Clanilicious
« Reply #566 on: 01 August 2021, 12:22:08 »
The Ice Hellions merged with the Scorpions a century ago and things are on the upswing for them in the Scorpion Empire.  Why leave?
Because our factions aren't doing much and untill it comes out I choose to live in a cocoon of delusion.
But why leave? To create the most awesome unified off blue camo ever seen! Think of it Trothkin!!

Clan Ghost Bear:  We may not like you, but you're not bothering us, so you may exist.
 If your BA tactics can't be described as shenanigans, you're probably doing it wrong. ^-^ -Weirdo
 <Kojak> Yeah, there's definitely a learning curve with BA, But once you learn how to use 'em well they're addictive,heck, just look at what happened to Foxx ;-)
<Steve_Restless> its YOU who I shouldn't underestimate. I could give you a broom handle and I'd find you sitting on top of the enemy stormcrow, smug surat grin on your face

Jellico

• Spatium Magister
  • Freelance Writer
  • Major
  • BattleMechs are the lords of the battlefield
« Reply #567 on: 01 August 2021, 13:22:17 »
Join us. We have Firemoths.

Kitsune413

• Major
  • Diamond Khanate Sakhan
« Reply #568 on: 01 August 2021, 13:47:38 »

I feel that though. This is the first book to push things forward in the Ilclan period... Maybe not as much of a sting if the Horses hadn't got a two page spread.
Every man lives by exchanging - Adam Smith

Generic Clanner 24601

• Corporal
« Reply #569 on: 01 August 2021, 23:08:08 »
Hell's Horses makes sense since they are set up to be the primary Clan antagonist to the Wolves after the conquest of Terra. I suspect their stuff will be their plots afterwards.