Author Topic: (Answered) Firedrake Support Needler and the quest of a confused German  (Read 2183 times)

Sigmarr

• Recruit
I understand that my problem might be caused by the fact that English is not my first language or potentially, by this information simply missing in the German version of the Tech Manual/Total Warfare/Tactical Operations. But I have been searching for hours and I can't find the damage, a Firedrake scores about infantery anywhere! Sarna sends me to the Tech Manual, which in turn tells me the rules can be found in Tactical Operations which in turn has the base stats and states (and I try to translate as correct as possible) "The Special rule for rthis weapon can be found in Total Warfare". Which does not even list the thing...
I am sorry for bothering you all with this question.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2021, 16:19:01 by Xotl »

Paul

• dies a lot at the Solaris Melee Challenge!
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Colonel
I understand that my problem might be caused by the fact that English is not my first language or potentially, by this information simply missing in the German version of the Tech Manual/Total Warfare/Tactical Operations. But I have been searching for hours and I can't find the damage, a Firedrake scores about infantery anywhere! Sarna sends me to the Tech Manual, which in turn tells me the rules can be found in Tactical Operations which in turn has the base stats and states (and I try to translate as correct as possible) "The Special rule for rthis weapon can be found in Total Warfare". Which does not even list the thing...
I am sorry for bothering you all with this question.

Nope, this one is hard to find, to put it mildly.

TW, Tables page 305. Firedrake is all the way on the top. Damage type is showing DB, AI‡‡
Double Dagger / diesis twice; I had to look up the ALT code to get that up there.
Anyway, that footnote on the bottom says:
"‡‡Treat as Flamer on Burst-Fire Weapon Damage Vs. Conventional Infantry Table, see either p. 217 or p. 310."

Which is 4d6 damage.

A text note on page 215 would've been helpful. Or listing it as Flamer/Firedrake in the page 217 table.

Anyway, apologies.
The solution is just ignore Paul.

Sigmarr

• Recruit
Nope, this one is hard to find, to put it mildly.

TW, Tables page 305. Firedrake is all the way on the top. Damage type is showing DB, AI‡‡
Double Dagger / diesis twice; I had to look up the ALT code to get that up there.
Anyway, that footnote on the bottom says:
"‡‡Treat as Flamer on Burst-Fire Weapon Damage Vs. Conventional Infantry Table, see either p. 217 or p. 310."

Which is 4d6 damage.

A text note on page 215 would've been helpful. Or listing it as Flamer/Firedrake in the page 217 table.

Anyway, apologies.

No need to apologize. Thank you very much for the quick answer!

But... just to clarify, as a Flamer mounted on a Battle Armor, shouldn't it be 3d6 instead of 4d6? At least according to that tables on pages 217 and 310.

Xotl

• Dominus Erratorum
  • Lieutenant Colonel
  • Professor of Errata
Re: Firedrake Support Needler and the quest of a confused German
« Reply #3 on: 11 June 2021, 16:18:53 »
It is indeed 3D6 rather than 4D6.  This was entered into errata.  Thanks.
3028-3057 Random Assignment Tables -
Also contains faction deployment & rarity info.

http://bg.battletech.com/forums/index.php?topic=1219.0