Author Topic: Hardend Electronics  (Read 1883 times)

Col Toda

• Captain
Hardend Electronics
« on: 25 January 2015, 12:56:07 »
The way I would represent this the ATOW illegal Quirk and cash pay 5X control / cockpit cost for a 2 modifier in your favor with mech tasers and TEMP and Nuclear
Critcals : 10X controls / cockpit cost for immunity to Mech taser and TEMP and a 3 modifier to nuke. Double illegal Quirk cost.

martian

• Lieutenant Colonel
Re: Hardend Electronics
« Reply #1 on: 25 January 2015, 12:59:31 »
The way I would represent this the ATOW illegal Quirk and cash pay 5X control / cockpit cost for a 2 modifier in your favor with mech tasers and TEMP and Nuclear
Critcals : 10X controls / cockpit cost for immunity to Mech taser and TEMP and a 3 modifier to nuke. Double illegal Quirk cost.
There is the Fan Designs & Rules section.

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: 25 January 2015, 22:00:59 »
I was hoping for some other suggestions on how to do hardend electronics . Putting on the sub forum you mentioned would mean putting it on every vehicle catagory . Since I was posing something for all vehicles I thought general discussion would be better.

Wolverine

• Warrant Officer
« Reply #3 on: 25 January 2015, 22:39:46 »
I could see that this bonus would require added mass to the unit
J
"It's called the Awesome for a very good reason"

ANS Kamas P81

• Colonel
  • Reimu sees what you have done.
« Reply #4 on: 25 January 2015, 23:41:39 »
I was hoping for some other suggestions on how to do hardend electronics . Putting on the sub forum you mentioned would mean putting it on every vehicle catagory . Since I was posing something for all vehicles I thought general discussion would be better.
It has its own board, not just the subcategories.  Scroll down and drop it in there, that's where folks typically post new weapons or equipment.
Der Hölle Rache kocht in meinem Herzen,
Tod und Verzweiflung flammet um mich her!
Fühlt nicht durch dich Jadefalke Todesschmerzen,
So bist du meine Tochter nimmermehr!

cavingjan

• Spelunca Custos
  • BattleTech Volunteer
  • Major
    • warrenborn
« Reply #5 on: 26 January 2015, 08:00:34 »

More importantly, the reason we have those sub forums is to have an easy way for writers and designers to avoid fan made designs/rules. We don't travel there for a reason. The alternative is to avoid the forums completely.

Col Toda

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: 28 January 2015, 09:21:28 »
In the real world hardend electronics tend to come in 2 different ways . One Gadolinium Arsenide computer chips .  I think the rare earth materials would be more expensive . Than there is micro vacuum tubes MIGs use  totally EMP proof . I cannot see the first one taking any extra space or tonnage than standard but the second might take space and likely incur a penalty as it is replacing a more compact system perhaps small ****** pit and the ton and  space acquired provides what is needed .

Register